• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Annual Pass Options and Prices

Rahel

Soaking Up the Disney Magic Whenever Home From Col
What is the renewal rates on the APs?

Whoever wrote that article is misinformed. We had power passes back before we had preferred and we aren't Florida residents.

I'm not sure what the renewal rates are, but I can find out. I'm guessing the Power Passes were available to everyone at one point? Only ever had the Preferred so never paid attention.

Weren't the Preferred Passes $229.99 last week or am I mis-remembering? Gone up to $259.99? That's some hike!

Yeah it was $229.99 for non-FL residents, price just changed on the 15th.

Really annoying - I was going to upgrade my 14 day passes on the last day of their validity - that'd be Saturday. That adds $120 to the bill! I think that's decided it, no upgrade and I'll go back to Disney next year! Missed not having the Water parks this year anyway...

Weren't the Preferred Passes $229.99 last week or am I mis-remembering? Gone up to $259.99? That's some hike!
AP prices didn't go up when the ticket prices did a few months ago but now they have. But you're right...$30.00 is a little steep.

I'm not sure what the renewal rates are, but I can find out. I'm guessing the Power Passes were available to everyone at one point? Only ever had the Preferred so never paid attention.
Yes...Power Passes used to be available to all but it was changed to just FL residents.

The universal website still has the power pass as Florida Resident only. Where can you buy it as a non Floridian??
The Premium Pass still shows up as $350.

My bad, must have been an old cache of the website !

Really annoying - I was going to upgrade my 14 day passes on the last day of their validity - that'd be Saturday. That adds $120 to the bill! I think that's decided it, no upgrade and I'll go back to Disney next year! Missed not having the Water parks this year anyway...
Again...Universal did not raise the AP prices when they and Disney raised ticket prices a few months ago. Disney already raised their AP prices so it shouldn't be a surprise to see Universal raise theirs. Would it have made a difference if the APs already went up? You should go ahead and purchase your Disney tickets now because they will go up next year as they do every year.

Just something to think about.
;)

The universal website still has the power pass as Florida Resident only. Where can you buy it as a non Floridian??
The Premium Pass still shows up as $350.

My bad, must have been an old cache of the website !

we got the power pass yesterday for non resident for $189, thought that was a great deal!!

Again...Universal did not raise the AP prices when they and Disney raised ticket prices a few months ago. Disney already raised their AP prices so it shouldn't be a surprise to see Universal raise theirs. Would it have made a difference if the APs already went up? You should go ahead and purchase your Disney tickets now because they will go up next year as they do every year.

;)

Did Disney go up by more than 10% ?

I guess it's a little more annoying having visited guest services with a 14 day pass that she scanned to find the upgrade price. I asked when the annual pass would start from and was told 'the last day the 14 day pass is used' - if that crosses the day when they up the prices by 10+% I'd have thought it good customer service to mention it!

I was on the fence already, but this puts it up to almost the cost of another set of 14 day passes so no real point in getting APs anyway (I only visit once per year)

i am not happy about this at all.

the AP prices increased on March 1st this year.

now, another increase..........

i don't like it.

and that hike in prices took place within 5 months of the last increase.......

universal, why are you doing this...........:confused3

;)

well, that is because they, UO, raised their preferred ap passes on March 1st..

i am taken back that UO raised their ap prices within a 5 month time span...

ok, technically it has been 5 months and 2 weeks since the last increase but call it 5 months since it is still within that range.

I was on the fence already, but this puts it up to almost the cost of another set of 14 day passes so no real point in getting APs anyway (I only visit once per year)
Yeah...if you are only visiting once per year, an AP wouldn't do you that much good.

I like that Power Pass. We stay offsite anyway and I'd prefer to go twice a year...

Ugh I knew I shouldn't have waited to get my hubby's AP. Looks like he will be getting the Power Pass. I already have the Premier so we can use my discounts.

Well it's not to bad for me being a FL resident. It has gone up $5. I wonder what the renewal will be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter