• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NEW (and IMPROVED, if THAT's possible!)Wilderness Lodge FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mermaid3
There you go, that is much more sensible! By the way, I'm checking airfare again tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted!

And if you got dream dollars on a transfer, you were really lucky!
Crazy?
Na!

Hi,

Mermaid3 suggested I look at this thread and I'm really glad she did. I really feel like I picked the right resort!

Thanks.

Lost

Uhh...that pic is a bit too large isn't it Kimmar? :P Can't you resize them all to be about the same size? If not, want me to do it for you?

Getting closer to our day. Just went over the last details of our packing list tonight. Have a few things to pick up still. We are going to bring extra ponchos this time just in case there is lots of rain. We had 3 last year and never used them. Still cheap for $1 each at the local walmart.

I like to put together a "fanny pack" that has everything we may need in an emergency. All you have to remember is to bring it with you every day. It has tylenol, ponchos, ID, some cash, etc. in it.

By the way, anyone know where we can get a birthday cake on or off property? Julia will be celebrating her 3rd bday on the 13th and we want to make it an extra special day. Any other advice for her birthday? I am all ears. We are spending the whole day in the magic kingdom after breakfast at Chef Mickey's of course.

Kinda lost lots of my enthusiasm (sp?) now that I know my SIL and BIL are coming as well. Has me worried that I won't be able to do what WE want to do. It's much harder in larger groups.

I'm probably just getting nervous for nothing. (I hope...)

We'll know for sure in about 2 weeks eh?

Fred, you will get her a "Today's My Birthday" button at the MK, won't you? :D

Since it's her 3rd birthday, do you think they'll charge for her meal at Chef Mickey's?:rolleyes: I was thinking while we were on our trip, and our son is now 12 for the first time on a trip to WDW, that I'll bet not many kids publicly celebrate their b'days at WDW because of the huge increase in prices you pay for their meals once they are 12. :mad:

Fred-make sure you get a birthday button from each park-we did for our daughter last week. Lots of fun. Not sure about the cake.

Mad4Mickey- when we checked in last week we asked about an upgrade to Conceirge for a price of course. The quote I was given to go from a Standard view to Conceierge was $80 a night. That was too much for us. On the boards I heard of lower prices ($40-60 a night) The CM we had was pretty unfriendly and didnt look like she was in the mood to haggle with the price. I dont think you would Conceirge for free.

We did however get the FREE upgrade from Standard to Courtyard. I didnt ask for it, they just have it to us. I guess it depends on whether the resort is full or not. I sure it wouldnt hurt to ask if you could a get a room upgrade if any were available.

The storm I gave a heads up on a few days ago is over. It hit Cuba and fell apart, come and enjoy the Magic. WOO HOO

The storm is over! Wishing all of you going to DW a wonderful trip!

I am not sure WOW even covers it! WL is fantastic. We can certainly see why so many people call it home. Our dream is to someday call it home. WOW!!!

Thank you so much to all of ya'll for your help and ideas on everything. We had a room on the 1st floor near the boat dock and Roaring Forks. Worked out great with our daughters wheelchairs. It also worked great for our 15 month old to walk back and forth to Roaring Forks with DH on his mug runs. We were able to see the fireworks a little bit through the trees. There was an alligator in the pond right outside our room.

We really had fun at Whispering Canyon. We celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary with dinner at Artist Point. I cannot say enough good things about this. Thanks so much to Dizneykid for encouraging us to try it. Our daughters were welcomed there and we had lots of room for their wheelchairs. The food and service was top notch Disney. It was wonderful!

Thanks again to everyone! I am in the process of writing about our trip. Our 10 year old daughter did get her haircut at The Barber Shop on Main St. in the MK. She had 11" cut to donate to Locks of Love.

I forgot to mention a very important part of our trip. We parked our van when we got there to check in and we never got in it again until we checked out. That's a HUGE thing for us. It's very slow taking the bus transportation with 2 wheelchairs. The boat was amazing! No problems at all. We were not planning to go to AK this trip anyway so it worked out great. We all loved the boat. One day we had 2:00 ressies at 50's Primetime Cafe so we took the boat to MK, monorail to Epcot, I rode Mission Space while we were there, then we took the boat from Epcot to MGM. It was wonderful! The perfect place for us to stay.

QUOTE:by Majestic
____________________________________________________By the way, anyone know where we can get a birthday cake on or off property? Julia will be celebrating her 3rd bday on the 13th and we want to make it an extra special day. Any other advice for her birthday? I am all ears. We are spending the whole day in the magic kingdom after breakfast at Chef Mickey's of course.
Fred, I think you can order a cake from the hotel...but I'm not positive. Also, last year at Coral Reef, someone was celebrating a birthday...and Coral Reef supplied the cake. I don't know if you have to order ahead!

Any of you guys ever feel like everything you say on these boards - NOT including this thread - is contradicted? I sometimes wonder if anyone shares my opinions. :(

...I just CAN'T WAIT to hear your trip report! I'm soooo glad you and your lovely family had a wonderful time! Your pic in your siggie really touched my heart! How blessed you are!

Lora ~
I don't give 2 hoots and a holler what anyone else thinks or posts re: my opinions. That's why this WL thread is so near and dear to my heart. Everyone here is treated (I hope) with dignity. I know AspiringCindy has felt the same way as you on numerous occasions....:rolleyes:

Come on now, lets revisit the magic!! Obviously I don't know your family but my best advice for you is just never give the impression from the beginning that you are doing everything together...if they don't think it from the beginning then maybe it won't be a big deal....also with you having Julia maybe they will understand that you have to go on a different kind of a schedule than just adults. Maybe they are thinking the same thing you are??? In amy case remember why you are going there to begin with.....quality time with the family and Mickey and friends...you'll still have that no matter what. Don't be afraid to make boundaries about what is best for your family....after all it was your vacation to start !

Try to be positive........I miss your enthusiasm!!

Mommie2angels: Great pic of the family! Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Lori: I agree with you. The only place I really post anymore is on this thread alone.

Fred: Call the lodge 4/5 days before you leave. Tell them you would like to order a cake for DD. Please remember to confirm with guest services 24 hrs before. I had ordered a cake for DS's 3rd B-Day and it never showed :( I even confirmed it 3 times.

Anyhow, make sure everyone knows the WHOLE week that it's her birthday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter