New and going in December for Christmas!!

Deltagirl1913

Earning My Ears
Hello all. I'm relatively new, due to the fact that I have been watching the boards for months, but just now posting. I'm taking my mom and two little girls for Christmas, December 15-December 23rd. As of right now, we have free dining and are staying at Pop Century. What are some basics that I need to know about Christmas time at Disney? Also, is there a specific area that I need to request for Pop Century? What about great character dining opportunities??

This is my first trip and the 6 and 11 year old are soooooo excited!!!!:banana:

Welcome to the board...I think you will have a great trip with your family :santa:

I am planning a Xmas 2012 trip and have used the DISboards for planning (I read much more than I actually post). Here is what I have learned to get the most out of a holiday trip....

Get there at rope drop (or EMH days) so you can get more done before the parks get too crowded.
Grab fast-passes and return later to ride without the long waits.
Make ADRs early- they are essential.
Decide on 'must do' items- and don't be too disappointed if you can not do it all.
Plan for all types of weather- I have read about it being cold and warm.
Go see decorations at some resorts- I want to go to Wilderness Lodge and GF for sure.

The decorations look amazing. Be sure to check out some trip reports. I can't wait to see them :love:

We loved Crystal Palace (Pooh and Friends) but our favorite is Chef Mickeys- been there for breakfast and dinner. It is loud but very fun and you see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and those classic characters. Highlight of the trip for our kids in 2007. We also loved Coral Reef (beautiful decor and the tanks are awesome) and LeCellier (more the adults for the food).

Have fun!!

Hi and welcome!

Christmas is one of the busiest times of year at WDW...

My tips would be...

Aim to get all your "Must Do" attractions early in your holiday when it will be less crowded.

Get to the parks for rope drop if possible.

Make your dining reservations ASAP you may already be too late to secure everything you want.

10.gif

WDW is a busy place at Christmas, but you can still have a great time. You will arrive the same day we do . Things that you can do and not go to the parks. Go to the resorts and check out the decorations. Use the transport systems. Learn how to go. Just cause you are not staying at a resort that does not have the monirail you can use it to make connections. Holloywood studios is great for the lights. MK is just great. Epcot the same. Fatasmic is great to see. the candle light Proc. is great. The decorations at FW camp grounds are great. Yes its going to be crowded but you can use the extra magic hours to get in and see stuff. One thing is when your little folks get tired go to your resort and take a break. Send me a pm and I will tell you more. You will be so happy. But remember take it in short spurts.71 days and I will be there. Good Luck and Have fun.:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

:welcome: Just enjoy everyday!! The time goes so fast when you are in Disney. For me, must see...Osborne Lights in Hollywood Studios, amazing!!!

Best Character Dining for me 1900 Park Fare @GF

Thanks for your responses. I really want to see the Osborne lights. He is from the same city as me and I know the production that he puts on here. I can only imagine how great it will be at Disney this Christmas since he passed away recently.

As of right now, we have reservations for Chef Mickey's, Cinderella's Royal Table and Aekurshus...Is there any other particular restaurant I should be looking at?

You're in for a real treat. The decorations at the Floridian are awe inspiring.

Do NOT miss the decorations at the Beach Club -Chocolate Carousel ! You can walk to it from the back entrance of Epcot.

The Osbourne Lights at Studios is too much to take in at once. If you have a hopper pass I recommend going at least 2 nights.

The Candlelight Processional is often not appreciated by kids. Plan carefully if you want to go to have things that will entertain the kids on the wait in line & wait before the show starts.

Pack for ALL kinds of weather. In 2007, we had coats, gloves, scarves on day 3 of our trip. On day 6 we were in the pool.

You kids ages should appreciate walking around Downtown Disney -- The Lego store has great displays and areas to play with legos.

I also enjoyed eating at various resorts. It provided a much needed break for my crew in a more relaxed atmosphere. Ohana at the Poly is a favorite of ours. It is easy to get to from Epcot or MK. The kids have fun getting up and hula dancing.

Basically, with all the decorations and the special Holiday parades, fireworks and extra ending to the Epcot show (Illuminations) you can't help but have a great time.

For our family Mickey's Christmas Party at MK was NOT worth the extra money. Very crowded. Kids got too cranky to wait in long lines for the special shows. We won't be going to it this time.

How exciting! Christmas time is our favorite time to go-everything is so beautiful! I would say don't miss the special holiday events that happen. The parade in AK is Christmas-ified (don't think that's a word-but I like it anyway!), the castle is amazing - make sure you see the nightly show when they turn on the lights, and the Osborne lights are beyond belief. The resorts are something to see as well. Last year we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, and also went to see Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian... the trees there are so huge and amazing! I'm sure your girls will also love the life-sized gingerbread house at Grand Floridian.
But most important, at least to me, is to just slow down, take your time, and just LOOK. There are so many amazing details everywhere, both in the normal decor and in the extra holiday stuff... we see new things every time we go. I just know you will have a magical time! :santa:

hey somebody from arkansas!! my family and i will be down there dec. 1st... i cant wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter