New Amsterdam on FOX

lg3

<font color=darkorchid>The '80's must have been ha
Did anybody else catch this new show? I LOVE IT!!! I just watched the pilot episode which I taped. I didn't realize that last night's show wasn't a rerun of the pilot. :sad1: so I missed it. WOW - What a show. The Plot (from TV.com):
New York City homicide detective John Amsterdam is cursed with immortality because he stopped the murder of a Native Indian girl in 1642 by stepping in front of a sword. Due to this act of kindness, the Indian girl rescued Amsterdam from the stab wound by making him immortal, but warns that it is a curse that will only be lifted when John meets his true love.
Now, Amsterdam is a homicide detective in the Big Apple where he shares his secret with Omar, a blues club owner with a few secrets of his own. John is partnered up with Eva Marquez and gets into a chase with a suspect. When he suffers what appears to be a heart attack and is revived by ER doctor Sara Dillane, he realizes that mortality may be closer then he thought.

I'm glad it will be on regularly on Monday nights - less to try to compete with taping compared to Thursday!

I was going to watch it but I'm so tired of watching a new show, getting hooked on it and then having then cancel it on me. It happened with Justice last season and then Journeyman this year.

I just found Eli Stone and really like that, hopefully it will survive.

lg3 I agree! I watched it last night too and missed the last five minutes because of a phone call I had to take! What happened? How did that episode end?

I was hoping I would like it. The lead is certainly great eye candy but in the end I just couldn't buy in ... lucky I was a Neilsen household last month.

Have watched most of the first two episodes, but getting interupted or falling asleep during the end.

Very interesting.

I like the premise. I think it is a creative, original idea, but it seems almost like a "soap opera". I watched it again, hoping that it would improve. It doesn't seem like it is headed in that direction.

I'm still hooked on this show, but not like I am to LOST or the like.
Was anyone else surprised He and the Dr. hopped into bed so soon? They only gave us one quick phone conversation illuding to her having problems in her marriage. I enjoy the flashbacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter