New AK Fastpasses!

I'm confused by this. Doesn't FP mean you have a definite seat?

Only if you show up within a certain "window" of time.

This is one of the big problems with "Show" FastPasses.

They are experimenting with this system.
It may prove to be a boon to guests, or ultimately, be flawed and ineffective.

Only time will tell. Stay tuned.

I'm confused by this. Doesn't FP mean you have a definite seat?

That's what you'd think...but that's not what happened last time they tested this.

It isn't so much of a guaranteed seat, as much as it is that you get to go in first. But if you don't show up in time, you lose your guarantee. The problem was people DID show up in time, and didn't get to go in at all...

can you make it from a 10 am Lion King to an 11:45 Nemo w/o much trouble? I think the next Nemo showing is 2.

(according to the current times on http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/st/st.htm)

is there a certain time to get the fastpasses by?

we leave in 3 weeks and mainly only want to do this in AK

thx!

(i need to look into that TH lunch thing)

Hopefully this'll work for our family... We haven't seen Festival of the Lion King in about 8 years so would love to catch it again!!! I'll have to report back and tell ya what I think!

We were at AK on Easter Sunday and stumbled upon the CM promoting the FP's for the shows. I was very surprised as I had not heard about FP's for the shows before (and I lurk here on the DIS and TGM alot before a trip) I just thought it was something special they were doing because it was a busy travel week... We didn't end up getting any because the times did not work for us and we had not been planning to see a show anyway....

We were there on Sat. April 17 and happened to be walking by and saw the machines around lunchtime. Got a 3:15 FP for Lion King since that was the only show we were seeing that day. Got there right at the cutoff time (3:30?) and they were taking the FP lanes down - offered them the pass but they said just go on in and didn't take it. Didn't need it - the show was probably only 2/3 full. Oh well...

At Finding Nemo, how would this FP process compare with the tickets you get by doing the TH lunch package?

We did the Nemo lunch and pass at xmas week and we entered thru a back entrance and were the first to get seats-front right of stage. They did have the FP system working that week and as prior posts stated many were left without a seat even with a FP. If you really want to see it and don'e want to wait in a line(you enter as you arrive because it is a different line than stand-by) I would do the lunch pkge..we are planning on doing it again, we like the food at Tuskers.

Connears

Sweet it ends the day we come home,last time it ended the day before we arrived, we will get to try it out this time, but I'm not seeing a huge need for FP for AK shows the last week of May based on historical crowd patterns.
This sounds like something awesome if they get it rights..

when we went to DL this past February...Aladdin was only showing 2 of the 6 days that we would be at the park...at 1pm and 4pm both days...and ppl started lining up three hours before to get in...we didn't have enough time to stand on line for three hours to see a forty five m inute show and it was our first time at DL...all I could think was I wish they had a FP for these shows...I cant wait to see how this works out...:lovestruc

I posted something about this on our blog. Does anyone know if they're using the same Fastpass images featured on this posting:

http://wdwfanboys.com/index.php/2010/04/20/animal-kingdom-fastpass-update

Or did they produce new images for each of these shows for the fastpasses?

Can't answer what they are using now, but that's the old original Fastpass stock. When they changed the kiosks and went to different stock per attraction in the process, they took all the old printers and stock backstage...they continued to use them for several years to print out things like rider switch passes, etc. in bulk backstage and give them to the CMs.

It looks like in this case though they loaded up the leftover generic stock in the kiosks and reprogrammed how it printed...it's new style printing, but they can vary it on a per-machine basis.

It's funny, they were doing this while I was there a couple of weeks ago, but I was so dense that I couldn't understand why people were wasting FPs on ITBBAB when that attraction never has a wait. I didn't realize until the end of the day when we passed that way again what they were doing. Duh on my part! ROFL

I was at AK today (4/29) and looked around by ITTBAB and couldn't find them. Didn't see anyone with them either. But I wonder if it's a crowd level thing. EE had only a 20 minute wait at 2:30pm-attendance everywhere seems low.

I was at AK today (4/29) and looked around by ITTBAB and couldn't find them. Didn't see anyone with them either. But I wonder if it's a crowd level thing. EE had only a 20 minute wait at 2:30pm-attendance everywhere seems low.

It's possible that they decided they'd learned what they needed to know and the test is over.
(Hey, it's Disney.)

However, the FP machines are not actually next to the entrance to ITTBAB.
The machines are off to the left quite a distance (as you are facing the Tree of Life.)
You might have missed seeing them.

Also, if it really was a dead slow day, I can see them skipping it altogether, and you'd be more likely to see it on the weekends.

For the shows that have a chance of filling, I'd in general like to see this all the time. I really hate waiting in a long line without any indication we might not get in, only to reach the doors and be told, "sorry..."

I was there on 5/2/2010 and saw no sign of these new fastpasses.

When we went to Nemo, there was no evidence of a fastpass return area either. We happened to be in the early part of the standby area and when we entered, I didn't see evidence of any people who arrived earlier. We were able to get very good seats.

I wouldn't waste time looking for these, especially if you have to walk to get to the reported distribution point. If you are in the area, it wouldn't hurt to look a bit, but don't waste your feet walking for these -- at least not until positive reports come in.

It's possible they don't have them right now, but it's also possible people aren't realizing what they are. Like I said, I thought they were FP machines for ITTBAB, since it's to the left of the entrance to ITTBAB. It wasn't until the end of the day that I saw the small signs above each FP machine with the name of the shows the FP's were for.

But again, it's definitely possible they aren't handing out FPs to the shows there any longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter