A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

Outstanding update!! Seriously, I know it's hard not to be disappointed when you hit those hard patches, but just go back and read where you were a few short weeks ago. You have made amazing progress!!! The fact that you are doing this stuff and really not feeling pain seems like a BIG deal to me. I'm so happy that you are back to running again. :yay:

Great job on getting back to the yoga. And "slow flow" sounds like a bit of a bait and switch to me. :sad2:

The shot of you with that St. Patty's day scarf ( :lovestruc ) is completely adorable. :shamrock:

That's also great that the InB skirt worked well for running. The fact that the shorts stay in place so well on the Sparkle Skirts has always been one of the things I love best about them. I've had other running skirts that were NOT good about that. Nothing worse than having to constantly tug down your shorts while running.

Outstanding update!! Seriously, I know it's hard not to be disappointed when you hit those hard patches, but just go back and read where you were a few short weeks ago. You have made amazing progress!!! The fact that you are doing this stuff and really not feeling pain seems like a BIG deal to me. I'm so happy that you are back to running again. :yay:
Thanks! I know you're right, I just need to keep things in perspective...I just keep thinking to where I was a little over a year ago and I keep comparing myself to then (i.e. right after Dopey). I need to stop doing that and accept that things are just different now.
Great job on getting back to the yoga. And "slow flow" sounds like a bit of a bait and switch to me. :sad2:
Haha, right?! There was nothing "slow" about it!!
The shot of you with that St. Patty's day scarf ( :lovestruc ) is completely adorable. :shamrock:
Aw, thanks! :) Cute scarves always help.
That's also great that the InB skirt worked well for running. The fact that the shorts stay in place so well on the Sparkle Skirts has always been one of the things I love best about them. I've had other running skirts that were NOT good about that. Nothing worse than having to constantly tug down your shorts while running.
Yeah, I wasn't sure how it would go. Just like the shorts, I had to tug the skirt a little bit during walk breaks (incentive to run more than walk?), but during the running portions it was fine. I did put some Body Glide on ahead of time to be safe. :confused3

I still have to catch up on your journal (which I'm doing now) but this was too awesome to wait to share. A friend asked for pattern mixing advice on a fb thread today and when I offered it her response was this picture. I almost snorted out my diet coke.image.jpg

Ok, now back to the actual discussion. I love doing yoga but I tend to have issues with my wrists feeling really weak sometimes. Like I feel like if my wrists weren't little brittle things I could hold some of those poses longer. So all the standy-up or lungey things I tend to like better than the bent over things. And headstand has never happened for me no matter how hard I try...my body likes being upright I guess.

I took a pregnant yoga class when I was pregnant and everything was so gentle and zen and it was warm, that I almost fell asleep. So when I went back to regular yoga a year later I was like "oh wait...there's some tough stuff happening." I almost felt the need to just go back to the pregnant class and pooch out my belly and enjoy relax time again. (don't worry, I didn't do that.)

I 100% approve of the monkey shirt. I am a monkey and it is the year of the monkey right?

Just got my wine n dine information email from rundisney even though I am not going. And I had to delete it to not tempt myself. Especially after I looked at the challenge price. EEP. So now I can justify getting a hotel downtown for either the Chicago rock n roll weekend of the hot chocolate I think...because that's how money works in my head.

Did I mention you are rocking your training... No? Ok, you are rocking your training!

(also don't tell anyone but I may have bought another pair of leggins...that remind me of alice in wonderland...ooooooops)

I still have to catch up on your journal (which I'm doing now) but this was too awesome to wait to share. A friend asked for pattern mixing advice on a fb thread today and when I offered it her response was this picture. I almost snorted out my diet coke.View attachment 157540
Bwahahaha...I love that!! It's too perfect.
Ok, now back to the actual discussion. I love doing yoga but I tend to have issues with my wrists feeling really weak sometimes. Like I feel like if my wrists weren't little brittle things I could hold some of those poses longer. So all the standy-up or lungey things I tend to like better than the bent over things. And headstand has never happened for me no matter how hard I try...my body likes being upright I guess.
Yeah, I had issues not so much with my wrists, but my hands...apparently I wasn't spreading my fingers out widely enough or something. That and the cushier mat helped...not sure what can be done about wrist stuff though. :(

I was a gymnast in another life so my body is somewhat familiar with being upside down, but normally I go up against a wall because I don't feel like falling over onto my back and getting the wind knocked out of me - this time I wasn't against the wall, just went up into the headstand without thinking about it. It was not very zen, it was more like, "holy sh!t" and then I thought about it too much and came back down. But not on my back, at least! :teeth:
I took a pregnant yoga class when I was pregnant and everything was so gentle and zen and it was warm, that I almost fell asleep. So when I went back to regular yoga a year later I was like "oh wait...there's some tough stuff happening." I almost felt the need to just go back to the pregnant class and pooch out my belly and enjoy relax time again. (don't worry, I didn't do that.)
That's more what I was expecting from my warm slow flow! It did not happen.

You should totally sneak back into the pregnant class (my place calls it "pregnant goddess flow" or something), just stuff a pillow under your shirt. No one will ever know!
I 100% approve of the monkey shirt. I am a monkey and it is the year of the monkey right?
Yes, that must be why it speaks to you! I am a Rat...I'm curious to see how INKnBURN can create a beautiful Rat shirt in 2020. :rotfl2:
Just got my wine n dine information email from rundisney even though I am not going. And I had to delete it to not tempt myself. Especially after I looked at the challenge price. EEP. So now I can justify getting a hotel downtown for either the Chicago rock n roll weekend of the hot chocolate I think...because that's how money works in my head.
Oh hey...no email for me! :mad: I did see the AP page though, and it's updated now with Wine & Dine information (no links, yet), so it looks like registration may actually be happening tomorrow...EEEEEK.

I totally know what you mean about those emails being tempting...every single time I get one I have a fleeting thought that I'll sign up. I've been mostly good.

I think you deserve a downtown hotel for resisting the runDisney temptation. That's heroic stuff. ::yes::
Did I mention you are rocking your training... No? Ok, you are rocking your training!
Oh hey, thanks! Some days I feel like I am, other days, not so much. Today was a good day though. :) Y'all sure are being nice to me about it!
(also don't tell anyone but I may have bought another pair of leggins...that remind me of alice in wonderland...ooooooops)
I aprooooooove, pictures???!?!?!?!?!? :teeth:

Of course picture! I don't have yet to model though.
View attachment 157549

They gave me the Alice vibe and I kinda want to get an Alice shirt to match for extra geekiness.
Sooooo cute!! I love those!

I can see the Alice vibe. If you found an awesome shirt that would be such a cute outfit for the parks!
I got the Wine & Dine email today. I promptly deleted it to avoid temptation!!
Me too!! Great minds....
:rotfl2: That's good of you both!! I still never got that email...sigh.

I dug this out of my deleted folder...just in case you needed any of the info. Guessing you probably know most of it, but there was a part about a flash sale on rundisney gear next week on the disneystore website that looked interesting.

jDswdpqiddEiXt5k5MiqY6bF_tvutViEqCXz6_0aeeLGr5o2f-zvSzdwXLe9-vQnhhBDSpQJNizAPkC5ubN-3Zn_80AjEjLE6m49fYkU7FCtWflkdB0jOA6VKud7qFLrQXt4yNQm0TqQY6einHOJ=s0-d-e1-ft

Half is 190
Challenge is 330 (gulp)
10k is 120
5k is 70
kids dashes are 20
kids mile is 30

3/29 at noon, blah blah blah...you know the rest. good luck on reg whenever you end up doing it (AP or whatnot!)

@roxymama thanks!! I did know the pricing, at least (sigh - don't forget those Active.com fees!). I THINK I can resist the "training" gear, but we'll see...:eek: I do love Remy and Lumiere...

I swear if that little tiny rat is on a training shirt that doesn't overtly say 2016 Wine N Dine on it...I'm gonna be tempted to buy it. I apologize to any Wine n Diners for being an imposter...but like I said...only if it is just that little guy and not the race name :)

I swear if that little tiny rat is on a training shirt that doesn't overtly say 2016 Wine N Dine on it...I'm gonna be tempted to buy it. I apologize to any Wine n Diners for being an imposter...but like I said...only if it is just that little guy and not the race name :)
I won't tell. :ssst:

Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend Trip - REGISTERED (mostly)!!

It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that I welcome you tonight (today?). And now I invite you to relax, let me pull up a chair (not really) as I proudly present...registration confirmations! :banana:

25988536505_eb7242b2f3_z.jpg

You'll note that one confirmation is missing...I freaked myself out over registering Mr. A today - he's not an Annual Passholder, but I am...and since we live together it SHOULD be okay. But I've heard stories about non-APs registering early and then getting their registrations canceled. It didn't really matter though, because by the time I was done with my challenge registration, the 10K was already ON HOLD. :badpc: So that's my task for next week.

CHEERS! :drinking1

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
...I apologize in advance for what I'm about to post. :guilty:

:laughing:

Congratulations!!!:cheer2:

Of course, as soon as I posted my sobbing emoticon I went over to the Wine & Dine thread to watch the excitement and live vicariously through those of you going. :blush:

:laughing:

Congratulations!!!:cheer2:

Of course, as soon as I posted my sobbing emoticon I went over to the Wine & Dine thread to watch the excitement and live vicariously through those of you going. :blush:
It's sort of...fun (?) to watch when you're not stressed out about it!! :)

Please, if the in training gear is cute, I'm totally buying it! I don't care that I'm not doing the race. Just think that buying the overprices gear gets you in training for paying runDisney prices! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter