• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

nevermind - just saw related thread

magicalmickey

Mouseketeer
My sister-in-law and her family are planning 1st family trip to WDW. They are wanting to stay at the Contemporary, but want to swim some in the Storm-along Bay pool at Yacht and Beach Club.

I told her I didn't think it was allowed, but I wasn't sure. Are you allowed to swim at a different resort pool than the one you're staying at? And if not, how strict is the policy?

This thread will be closed soon as there is a pool hopping sticky, but no you are not to swim at any resort other than the one you are staying at. The only exceptions are the sister resorts. People staying at the All Stars can use any All Stars pool and people staying at either of the Port Orleans resorts can use either the POFQ or the PORS pools. For some reason alot of people seem to think that Wilderness Lodge and the campgrounds are sister resorts, but they are not. We've personally seen them check resort IDs at WL and have seen Fort Wilderness folks thrown out. Besides how fair would it be to have someone paying Pop fees swim at Storm Along Bay, taking up chairs and space from people that paid the extra to stay at BC. The pools are too small and there are not enough pool chairs to have people there that are not guests of that resort. Storm Along Bay is probably the most strict. You can't even get into the pool area without showing your resort room key and getting a bracelet from lifeguard at the gate. Each resort room key has a code on it and the lifeguards know the codes for each resort. We've been asked to show our room key at WL, BW, and BC/YC.

There are signs at every pool that the pool is for guests of that particular resort only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter