Neverland Club

Tinkermom76

Gawrsh
I am looking for as much information as possible about the Neverland Club for kids at the Poly. We will be there next December and since I go alone with the kids I am thinking I may give them an afternoon there so I can have an afternoon to myself.

How much is it?
when do you make ressies?
do they eat there?
ages?

any other info as well as experiences would be great

TIA

The Disney Kids clubs aren't open until late in the afternoon until late in the evening. They open up around 4 or 5PM. Dinner is usually provided with the price of the stay.

The Kid's Clubs open at 4:30 or 5:00 (I can't remember which) and are open until midnight. The price, last I checked, is $11.25/hour with a 2 hour minimum and includes dinner. Children must be between 4 and 12 years old. You can make ressies up to 180 days in advance, but you really don't need to schedule it that far in advance.

We took 3 kids there ages 6, 6 and 4 in October 2008. They thought it was a Club where only kids were allowed. When you check them in, they go through a window (Wendy's window) and into the Club. It looked FUN! The kids had a blast and didn't want to leave. They played dress up, did projects, etc. We were able to order dinner for them.

I highly recommend this. I remember my parents taking us to the equivalent of Neverland at the COntemporary many moon ago when I was about 10-11. We never knew we were being babysat.

Thanks everyone I am travelling alone ad I think I might book myself a massage at the GF.. I figure it's my vacation too so why not but I don't want the kids to be bored as well so I think this sounds like a good alternative

You could also look into the Pirate Cruises or the Wonderland Tea Party. Both are for kids only and are during the day. The downside is the Tea Party is only an hour long so it wouldn't give you a whole lot of relaxation time, but it is at the Grand Floridian so you'd be right there for the spa. I have only read about the pirate cruises. I think they are two hours long.

You could also look into the Pirate Cruises or the Wonderland Tea Party. Both are for kids only and are during the day. The downside is the Tea Party is only an hour long so it wouldn't give you a whole lot of relaxation time, but it is at the Grand Floridian so you'd be right there for the spa. I have only read about the pirate cruises. I think they are two hours long.

I think those Pirate cruises happen in the morning and I was hoping for an evening as well as my little one is scared of water so I don't think she would go on a boat without me.. but I might look into that for the older one to do on her own without her little sis tagging along so thanks

Thanks everyone I am travelling alone ad I think I might book myself a massage at the GF.. I figure it's my vacation too so why not but I don't want the kids to be bored as well so I think this sounds like a good alternative

But massages are scheduled during the day and kid's clubs aren't open at that time. You'll need to schedule another type of activity for your kids.

But massages are scheduled during the day and kid's clubs aren't open at that time. You'll need to schedule another type of activity for your kids.

Crap really? Why wouldn't they schedule massages in the evenings.. now I don't know what I'm gonna do

I just emailed the spa and the last time they will schedule a massage for is 7pm so I'm good and back to the Neverland Club for the kids

Does anyone know what their options are for dinner for the kids?

. . . from 6 until 8 p.m. a dinner buffet
. . . pizza, chicken fingers, mac/cheese, fries, dogs, corn, fruit, dessert
. . . pudding dessert is served at 8 p.m.
. . . juice and cookie snack at 10 p.m.

How much is it?
. . . 4:30pm-midnight
. . . $11.25/hour/kid, with 2-hr minimum

when do you make ressies?
. . . think it is still 90-days ahead of time
. . . 24-hr cancellation policy, or $20 cancel fee assessed

ages?
. . . 4-12 years old
. . . must be potty-trained
. . . no exceptions on age or potty-training

I was able to book my ressies 180 days out just like dinner ressies.

BTW my kids 4-7-10 LOVED it. My now 11 year old isn"t looking forward to going back but the other two insist! Being in middle school I dont blame her but DH and I are lucky to get out once or twice a year for dinner so we insist on 3-4hrs for ourselves this trip. Next trip she will be too old so this is our last chance for 7 years or so. Does anyone know if they allow you to bring your own wii games or a book? Thought if she had something she knows she will like to do it would be easier for her.

. . . from 6 until 8 p.m. a dinner buffet
. . . pizza, chicken fingers, mac/cheese, fries, dogs, corn, fruit, dessert
. . . pudding dessert is served at 8 p.m.
. . . juice and cookie snack at 10 p.m.

[/COLOR]

Our two girls went to the Never Land club on 12/22 and that evening was not a buffet. We selected food for the kids when we checked them in...standard food for kids meals in the restaurants. We expected a buffet (that is what the older two had when they attended a few years prior).

Our girls loved the club. They are 9 and 5 (youngest turned 5 two days prior to going to the club). They were there for 4 hours and I was a bit concerned that was too long, but both girls were delighted with their stay and wanted to go back again on our stay.

That approximately $100 cost for 4 hours of babysitting was a bit steep, but worth every penny for our family.

Both girls brought home a bag full of projects they made (cute tropical foam projects that you might get from Oriental Trading and bunch of Disney character masks). It is a very happy memory from our trip.

That approximately $100 cost for 4 hours of babysitting was a bit steep, but worth every penny for our family.

It will be worth it for me too... I priced kids night out and it would have been more and maybe not as much fun

Thanks everyone I am so excited that I can go to the spa and have some time to myself on my vacation.

DD went there several times and she LOVED it. Like it left a bigger impression than the parks!!:rotfl:

At drop off you fill out a form, including what choices you'd like them to have for dinner (you circle the items you want from a few choices). I'd read in the past that it was a buffet but from what I understand from my 4 y/o, they brought in boxed meals from Captain Cook's.

The staff we encountered were wonderful! Each night at pick-up she would've been more than happy to stay and play the night away in the club, which was a good feeling because I knew she was having a great time and not fretting about missing mom and dad. They usually gave her a little treat on the way out (like a sticker or fun straw).

Do they give you a pager or do you leave a cell # if something happens?

Can I book my kid in the Neverland club and then go to dinner somewhere else on property or do I have to stay at that resort?

Do they give you a pager or do you leave a cell # if something happens?

Can I book my kid in the Neverland club and then go to dinner somewhere else on property or do I have to stay at that resort?

You can go wherever you want on property. We went to GF because it was close so we could make the most of our time. They took our cel numers to contact us. They may have asked for location too but I dont remember.

I can't answer your question re: the pager or cell phone, but you can certainly go elsewhere. You don't have to stay at the Poly.
You might be interested to know that other deluxe resorts also have Child Care Clubs - and you don't have to be a guest at the hotel to take advantage of the services. So you might want to consider having the kids stay in one of the other clubs if you're staying at a different resort, or if you're planning on dining at one of the other resorts, etc.
Have a great vaca!
Gretchen

how do they verify the age of the child when you sign them in? do they just ask or do you need a birth certificate ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter