Neverland Club vs. Sandcastle Club

jrtoastyman

Purveyor of Fine Latex Products
Will be using the childcare centers for a night for the first time on an upcoming trip. We're staying at BLT and my wife and I are going to dinner at EPCOT, so either of these places would be reasonably convenient -- Neverland perhaps a bit more so, but going to Sandcastle would give us more time at EPCOT before our dinner reservation, so we're considering that one as well.

Anyone have any opinions as between the two of them?

I haven't used the Neverland Club, but we did use the Sandcastle Club a couple of years ago and had a great experience. We dropped the kids off about 5:30, they had dinner there while we ate on the Boardwalk. Then we went through the IG to Epcot and browsed the shops and such until Illuminations. After Illuminations, we walked back to get the kids at SC and were on our way back to our resort by 9:30. The kids played video games, watched a movie, did crafts, ate dinner and snack, played games and enjoyed their "night out" as much as we did.

It was very convenient to drive to Beach Club from our resort, park there and walk. It seems to me that by adding a stop at the Poly to the mix, you'll be spending a lot of time in transit.

I'll toss out another option. We put our little one at the Dolphin's kid's club. It was $10 an hour and if you bring a dinner receipt from a Dolphin or Swan restaurant, you get 2 hours free (may have been 3 hours). We stayed at the boardwalk and ate at the Dolphin a few nights and got babysitting for free that way. It's a small place, but he loved it. There are movies, art, building blocks, and they take them down the hall to eat at 6pm (I think it was included but I don't remember for sure).

Think about which is a bigger factor to you:

Having them closer to where you are in case you need to get back to them quickly..
(Sand Castle)
or
Having them closer to your room so you can get tired or sleepy kids back to the room quicker and easier. (Never Land)

DD5 has been to both (and the one at AKL) she honestly loves them all. The entrance to the Neverland Club was fun- the whole pixie dust thing. She usually goes 1-2x a trip and has always asked to stay longer. While it would give you more time at EPCOT, the quick monorail trip home at the end of the night might be worth it.

If you need to quickly get from EPCOT dining to the Poly, you could walk out the back and take a taxi from the Boardwalk right to the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter