Neverland Club at Poly

markar92

Earning My Ears
Is the Neverland Club open during the day for crafts during the day?

I am not necessarily looking to leave my dd there but thought it might be something we could enjoy together.

thanks.

markar92

Wilderness Lodge Dec 2007
Poly - Dec 2008!

Yes, they don't open until 4 or 4:30p for the evening. We took our DD's there during our July trip, and they were the first ones there around 4:30p. They were only there for a couple of hours, and they absolutely loved it. Plus, DW and I had a fantastic dinner at Narcoosee's.

How old were you DDs? We will be there in January with 4 yr. old grandkids and want to go out with some friends for dinner. Is Neverland your 1st choice? Thanks for your advice.

I am not necessarily looking to leave my dd there but thought it might be something we could enjoy together.

thanks.

markar92

Wilderness Lodge Dec 2007
Poly - Dec 2008!

unless something has changed.. adults are not allowed IN!
we dropped off the kids, signed them in , etc. then the kids went through the bedroom window into the playarea.
we asked if we could see inside... nope...
it kinda unnerved me, but they had reasons.

Nooooooooooo no adults allowed. Its Neverland. Duh! They do have a bigscreen TV and playstation 2's and arcade games! Like actual arcade games! They had Rampage and Pacman!

Actually, for Polynesian guests it IS open from 1 - 4 for arts and crafts kids and their parents can do together. You can get a copy of the activities in the GCH or just stop by the Neverland Club between 1pm - 4pm. My DD8 and I did some of the activies and had a blast! Plus, it's a great way to see if your child will like the club before letting them spend an evening there. :thumbsup2

How old were you DDs? We will be there in January with 4 yr. old grandkids and want to go out with some friends for dinner. Is Neverland your 1st choice? Thanks for your advice.
My DD's were 7 pooh: and 10 princess:. They are big Peter Pan fans, and loved the theming of the Neverland Club. They had such a fantastic time they didn't want to leave. It was the first time we ever did one of the kids clubs, but we would do it again in a heartbeat.

I am a child care center director and I would not leave my children in a place where the parents were not allowed to see the inside. In fact in California we are required to have an open door policy at all child care facilities. Now that is not to say that parents can hang out and play with the kids, but we are required (and would any if we weren't) to allow parents to inspect the facility.

On a side note - I did drop by the Neverland club one night and check it out to see if my niece would enjoy it. They let me in and gave me a little tour. It was a great center

I am a child care center director and I would not leave my children in a place where the parents were not allowed to see the inside. In fact in California we are required to have an open door policy at all child care facilities. Now that is not to say that parents can hang out and play with the kids, but we are required (and would any if we weren't) to allow parents to inspect the facility.

On a side note - I did drop by the Neverland club one night and check it out to see if my niece would enjoy it. They let me in and gave me a little tour. It was a great center

Thanks-I would feel much better if we were able to see the facilities before actually leaving our gkids there. Just call me one concerned nana.:love:

Thanks-I would feel much better if we were able to see the facilities before actually leaving our gkids there. Just call me one concerned nana.:love:
Oh, you're allowed to see inside. I think they just don't want adults to stay. When we dropped our kids off, they gave us a whole tour of the facility, and there was never any hurry for us to leave. I think we could have stayed as long as we needed for our kids to feel comfortable. That being said, our kids wanted us to leave ASAP.

Also there is Simba's Cub House at AKL. My nephews enjoyed it immensely when they got to play there one evening while the adults enjoyed a delicious JIKO dinner.

My BIL went there ahead of time to look the place over. The boys had a great time and never missed us. They were told it was a special kids only event they were being registered for, (so they did not feel as though they were being omitted from a dinner with the family). By the way they had snacks for the kids there also.

We were not staying at AKL, but booked Simba's when the ADR was made for JIKO.

What is the cost please?pirate:

this link may help as it has info about all these kids clubs.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/just_for_kids/childcare.htm

Polynesian Resort Childcare

The Neverland Club

Hours: 4pm-midnight
Price: $11 per hour per child (2 hr minimum)
Activities: Children's activity program centering around the Peter Pan theme, offering unlimited video arcade games, cartoons, and assorted toys. Included in the price is a buffet meal from 6:00pm to 8:00pm only.
Ages: Age limit is 4 to 12, must be potty trained (no pull-ups)
Menu: Pizza, Chicken planks, Mac N Cheese, the Captain's Fries, Hot Dogs, Corn on the Cob, Fresh Fruit and Dessert. A snack of goldfish and juice box is served at 10:00pm.
Reservations: Required by calling 407-WDW-DINE. 24 hour cancellation policy.

NO OUTSIDE FOOD PLEASE

So if we dropped the kids off at 7:00, 7:30 there would be plenty of food left? Is there an minimum time they have to stay did I see three hours some where?

So for three kids that would be like a $100 but I guess it would be worth it. I want to see view and eat at CG and kids will be too tired especially youngest to make it because that day we will be all day at DHS for Star Wars without a break. Sounds great, and my youngest is a huge Peter Pan fan, I think he would okay with staying he will be almost 5 and doesn't really have separation problems plus two older bros will be with them.

Has anyone heard anything about Dolphin kids club? I was thinking of a night at Epcot/Boardwalk eat at the Dolphin also.

So if we dropped the kids off at 7:00, 7:30 there would be plenty of food left? Is there an minimum time they have to stay did I see three hours some where?

So for three kids that would be like a $100 but I guess it would be worth it. I want to see view and eat at CG and kids will be too tired especially youngest to make it because that day we will be all day at DHS for Star Wars without a break. Sounds great, and my youngest is a huge Peter Pan fan, I think he would okay with staying he will be almost 5 and doesn't really have separation problems plus two older bros will be with them.

Has anyone heard anything about Dolphin kids club? I was thinking of a night at Epcot/Boardwalk eat at the Dolphin also.

Not the Dolphin Kids club - I think it's called something else, but WDW has a really good one at Beach Club called the Sandcastle Club you could go to. The women working there were very careful upon check in and check out. Even though my youngest clearly knew who I was, and it was the same woman checking me out that had checked us in two hours before, she still had to see my ID. I was very pleased, and my youngest loved it there. I would recommend this one for an EPCOT night out.

This year we are staying at Poly, so I will be using the Neverland Club. I'm glad the OP asked the question so I could read up on it too! :goodvibes

My BiL and SiL used the Dolphin kids club (it's called Camp Dolphin), and they weren't too impressed. I was at the Dolphin in July, and the kids club just looked like a room with a TV. However, one thing they did like is that they got 2 hours of time from the kids club when dining at a Swan/Dolphin restaurant. Here's the quote from the Dolphin site:

"Your child can enjoy two hours of complimentary time at Camp Dolphin while you dine at Shula’s Steak House, Todd English’s bluezoo or Il Mulino New York Trattoria."

They used this to save a little while eating at bluezoo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter