• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Never stayed deluxe before and just booked Beach Club for nine nights. What should I know?

kayemgi

DIS Veteran
Tell me everything I should know as someone who has only done the Value resorts! We'll have two adults and a two-year-old in a pack and play. I'm so excited and ready to start planning for all of the new unknowns!

:banana::banana::banana:

You should know that the values have better bus service and counter service options then the BC. It's also easy to lose sight of a two year old at SAB. :duck:

But the proximity to Epcot, can't be beat! :thumbsup2

You should know that the values have better bus service and counter service options then the BC. It's also easy to lose sight of a two year old at SAB. :duck:

But the proximity to Epcot, can't be beat! :thumbsup2

Well, I don't think we'll be letting her wander around on her own at age two, so I'm sure we'll be able to keep track of her! Thanks for the head's up on the counter service, that's good to know. We will probably spend a lot of time at Epcot for food!

BC is our favorite resort!! You'll love it!! Be prepared to become addicted to Beach Club!!

That's what I'm afraid of! :rotfl:

I highly recommend the Park Hopper at BC/YC/BWI. It's just too tempting to go to Epcot nightly!

We have APs so not a problem!

Beach Club is lovely! Do not discount how hard it is to watch a little on in SAB! I know that we never keep eyes off of our DGD even though I have every faith in Disney Life Guards, but that pool is wicked. Curves galore!!!

As to the resort itself, allow plenty of time to get from place to place, it is a long rambling resort and from the outside very deceptive in size.

I would plan plenty of resort time, especially maybe the movies on the beach with your little one, as well as a character Breakfat at Cape May.

You are close to Epcot, so dining will be easy, there are not great CS options in BC/YC.

We also love to walk on the boardwalk, just to stroll. It is a lovely walk in the early morning, and during the evening hours. One thing my DGD loved to do was ride on the boats. It was quicker to walk to many places but that boat is a lot of fun, and she enjoyed it a lot. (Me too)

I know that folks say the bus service is difficult, and it is true that you will be sharing buses, but I cannot say that we had excessive waits, or long rides, although by the end of a long park day I admit to wishing we were the first stop!

Our twins may have been around 2 yrs old for our first stay at BC! I believe that trip was one of our best ever! If you're not familiar with the area....it is just so gorgeous to take a stroll around. At that age, the kids love to just look at things, and it's nice when those things are appealing to the parents too -- everything about the BC atmosphere, walk to Epcot, walk around the boardwalk, sitting at the pool area, loved the walk to HS too, even the lobby felt perfect, loved the option of character breakfast right there, Beaches & Cream for ice cream....there's so much to see and do there that we often spent more time at BC than at the parks! Like you, we are also AP holders, so we always knew we'd be back and were never in a rush to get to parks.

There is a very large sandy-bottom section of the pool with shallow water and mounds of sand to play in. My girls loved this area and often spent hours each day there! We never had any issues losing sight of them. Our girls stuck together and DH and I never left their sides. But there are other sections of the pool with the deeper water and it's very spread out -- we actually avoided those areas until the girls were older. At age 2, they simply loved the sandy area!

I have especially fond memories of walking into Epcot almost every night. My girls would pack up their favorite stuffed animals, little blankets, etc., get cozy in the jogger and we'd walk into Epcot for some snacks, maybe a ride or 2, Illuminations, then an easy and relaxing walk back to BC!

The BC was the perfect resort for our family for many, many years. We found it difficult to stay anywhere else. I hope you have as much fun as we did!
:)

I forgot to add -- something we loved doing was walking through Epcot to catch the monorail to MK. That's obviously not a quick way to get to MK, but my girls loved looking at everything along the way...sometimes we'd stop for a little treat...and they loved getting on the monorail! And the best part of all is that we avoided taking a bus :). Sometimes we did not go to AK at all, so we would end up not taking a bus for our entire trip! Very easy and very relaxing!

Tell me everything I should know as someone who has only done the Value resorts! We'll have two adults and a two-year-old in a pack and play. I'm so excited and ready to start planning for all of the new unknowns!

The BC/YC resort is a great place to stay. The rooms are bright and comfortable and so are the grounds. While I do understand that some people here feel the pool is difficult with a toddler, we have done it and just stay right on top of the kids to make sure they can't wander too quickly. We spent most of our time on the sand bottom side of the pool. Now that my children are 5, 8, and 13 I would agree that the pool is definitely too much to handle as they would all want to be somewhere different. Not very relaxing for husband and I. The food court is quite small but adequate for a quick bite before the parks. We love that you only need to take a bus to MK and AK while Epcot and HS are walking distance or a short boat ride away. We prefer to just pay for a cab to MK though. Cape May is a nice character breakfast. I'm sure your little one would love that. Beaches and Cream is right there on property and they have some great ice cream options. The pool restaurant serves kids meals in a beach pail with shovel so that would be great for that sand bottom portion of the pool as there is also a mound of sand to play with. You will have a lot of fun!

The Cape May character breakfast is a lot of fun. We LOVE the Beach Club. Never had little ones there, but we love the proximity to Epcot, and taking the boat over to HS. We really enjoyed the Captain's Grille for dinner. Give yourselves plenty of time to just enjoy the resort - the pool, the movies on the beach, walking or hopping the boat over to the Boardwalk. We're really looking forward to our stay there this fall for our DD's 21st birthday!

You need to know that you will never want to stay anywhere else again. LOL The Epcot resort area may be my favorite place in all of WDW. I love just walking around in that area. With a little one, I'd recommend planning visiting the other parks in the morning, coming back for a break and then spending your evenings in Epcot. Nothing beats being able to leisurely walk back from a park at the end of the day.

Love, love, love Beach Club.

Yes, the pool is large. But it has SAND. Real, actual sand. So bring sand toys.

With APs I wouldn't worry about the small counter service at the resort. You are short walk to so many other options.

Have fun.

We love the character breakfast at Cape May and being able to grab ice cream from Beaches and Cream to go window. Last August we were able to get Dole Whips poolside - hoping that this little spot is still there:-) The boat to DHS and walking to Epcot are relaxing and enjoyable. Have fun

The Beach Club is a lovely resort. The proximity to Epcot is its best feature!!

The pool is great. True, it is very big, but we've never had a problem keeping track of our kids there.

We actually prefer YC to BC for a few different reasons but since BC has recently renovated rooms, I would probably pick BC over YC right now.

Have a fantastic stay!!

Our twins may have been around 2 yrs old for our first stay at BC! I believe that trip was one of our best ever! If you're not familiar with the area....it is just so gorgeous to take a stroll around. At that age, the kids love to just look at things, and it's nice when those things are appealing to the parents too -- everything about the BC atmosphere, walk to Epcot, walk around the boardwalk, sitting at the pool area, loved the walk to HS too, even the lobby felt perfect, loved the option of character breakfast right there, Beaches & Cream for ice cream....there's so much to see and do there that we often spent more time at BC than at the parks! Like you, we are also AP holders, so we always knew we'd be back and were never in a rush to get to parks.

There is a very large sandy-bottom section of the pool with shallow water and mounds of sand to play in. My girls loved this area and often spent hours each day there! We never had any issues losing sight of them. Our girls stuck together and DH and I never left their sides. But there are other sections of the pool with the deeper water and it's very spread out -- we actually avoided those areas until the girls were older. At age 2, they simply loved the sandy area!

I have especially fond memories of walking into Epcot almost every night. My girls would pack up their favorite stuffed animals, little blankets, etc., get cozy in the jogger and we'd walk into Epcot for some snacks, maybe a ride or 2, Illuminations, then an easy and relaxing walk back to BC!

The BC was the perfect resort for our family for many, many years. We found it difficult to stay anywhere else. I hope you have as much fun as we did!
:)

You almost made me cry! What a lovely description, I'm really looking forward to it even more now!

Reactions: TJA
I just read that there will be a new Ice Cream Shop opening on the boardwalk!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! I love ice cream!

We love the beach club and don't think we would be tempted anywhere else now. The smell alone in the lobby is a reason to stay! Being on the boardwalk, being able to walk to epcot or take the boat and Stormalong Bay all make it perfect for us. Can't wait to head back again!

The chocolate chip cookies at the BoardWalk Bakery are the best on property...IMO. :)

The Beach Club is a lovely resort. The proximity to Epcot is its best feature!!

The pool is great. True, it is very big, but we've never had a problem keeping track of our kids there.

We actually prefer YC to BC for a few different reasons but since BC has recently renovated rooms, I would probably pick BC over YC right now.

Have a fantastic stay!!
This exactly. We love the YC's lobby better (quieter but we hit it in August when convention season is probably minimal so not a lot of conventioners milling around) and love the fact that YC has full balconies for all rooms BUT until YC's room are refurbed we are choosing BC. Both resorts are awesome and you will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter