Never say never (even when your wait list is for something crazy)

Missyrose

DIS Veteran
My reservations got all jumbled for October. So on a whim, I searched to see if VGF was open for any of those nights (a little more than eight months out). I got lucky and a lake view studio had come available for nights 2-4 so I booked them and set up a wait list for the first night. I never in a million years thought that night would come through...

... but it did! I'll take my pixie dust where I can get it.

If you have some days reserved the odds of getting a fulfilled waitlist are better than if you waitlisted all the days.

If you have some days reserved the odds of getting a fulfilled waitlist are better than if you waitlisted all the days.
Yes, I know. I've owned for a while, which is why I knew the one-day WL was the best chance.

Yes, I know. I've owned for a while, which is why I knew the one-day WL was the best chance.
In that case, Congratulations!

Sometimes I answer to the least common denominator figuring the poster doesn't know a lot. In this case, of course, you did! However, there are newbies who read these threads and my explanation might have helped someone. No disrespect was intended! ☺

At the beginning of January, we found 3 nights mid-March open up at VGC! Then we waitlisted 1 more night to go with it, and that came through last week! I was shocked! So I know the 'Snoopy Dance' feeling you have right now :cool1: . . . and no one else in my family could understand my excitement! o_O

At the beginning of January, we found 3 nights mid-March open up at VGC! Then we waitlisted 1 more night to go with it, and that came through last week! I was shocked! So I know the 'Snoopy Dance' feeling you have right now :cool1: . . . and no one else in my family could understand my excitement! o_O
That's amazing, congratulations!

Newby here but gotta share! We booked a last minute trip to the world and tried piecing together nights. We're were able to get Wednesday and Thursday night over winter break (Feb 22-23) at beach club- our home resort surprisingly - and Saturday and Sunday at AKLK but have had a gap for Friday night (the DVC night at MK) and our waitlist came through TODAY!!! Two weeks before our trip! I was trying to find an affordable hotel and left my wallet in the car so postponed booking due to laziness and my waitlist came through at Bay Lake! Wahoo! A lot of hopping around but it'll be worth it!

In that case, Congratulations!

Sometimes I answer to the least common denominator figuring the poster doesn't know a lot. In this case, of course, you did! However, there are newbies who read these threads and my explanation might have helped someone. No disrespect was intended! ☺
Case in point-now I know that! Thanks!

Last year my resale points closed and account was created a couple of months before our March trip. I booked something for the few nights we needed - can't remember exactly what, probably SSR. A couple of nights later I was poking around at inventory, just for fun, and there was a value studio available for our dates at AKV. We don't have a lot of points, so it was nice to save a few. And to top it off, we did get the savannah view.

Sometimes you get lucky!

I just waitlisted July 4th at Vero for 1 night. I'm not sure how much luck we will have, but like OP said "Never say never" and this one does seem a bit crazy. :crazy:

So I have used the waitlist 4 times now. The first time was for the Beach Club in a two bedroom two Queens for 4 nights to move my inlaws closer to my wedding location, I called member service and while we were talking she said I see you have a waitlist for Beach Club wait... Oh it just came throught! Yay! That was the first time we ever used our resale contract.
Last summer we planned a trip to Disneyland but couldn't get into GCV in a studio. I waitlisted our first three nights and within a couple of weeks they came through!
This year we're going back in June and I screwed up on our 7 month day and forgot to check until just before 9am EST, of course the first night we wanted was full. I waitlisted 3 nights and within weeks they came through again. I added two more waitlists 1 for our first 3 nights of that trip and 1 for just the 3rd night to get 4 nights straight. That single night just came through again. I currently have a waitlist for just the second night of our trip and if I get walloped with pixie dust again I've talked hubby into slurging for DLH our first night since the rest of the trip is paid for.

Love hearing about waitlists working out!

My parents decided to join me for part of my Wine & Dine vacay, so I had to waitlist a 1-BR for that weekend at our home resort (BWV). Had very low expectations given our location and the time of year, but it just came through!

Anyone who has tried to book a studio at VGC knows how difficult it is. I was able to book 2 nights in September then waitlist 2 more as there were no more than single nights scattered. My goal is 9 nights. Last night I noticed my waitlist had disappeared from my dashboard and 3 more nights showed available beyond that. It was nerve wracking waiting to call this morning, and I was at work so had to hang up several times before even getting through. After a half hour on the phone I now have seven nights!!!!!!! Gonna waitlist the last 2, but even if those don't come through I am very happy with what I have strung together.

Anyone who has tried to book a studio at VGC knows how difficult it is. I was able to book 2 nights in September then waitlist 2 more as there were no more than single nights scattered. My goal is 9 nights. Last night I noticed my waitlist had disappeared from my dashboard and 3 more nights showed available beyond that. It was nerve wracking waiting to call this morning, and I was at work so had to hang up several times before even getting through. After a half hour on the phone I now have seven nights!!!!!!! Gonna waitlist the last 2, but even if those don't come through I am very happy with what I have strung together.
That's wonderful! I will be looking for VGC for an October stay.

My single night BCV waitlist in May is still active...I have watched to no avail!

Anything certainly is possible, particularly around the 7 month mark. I own at VGF and had a lake view studio booked for 9/2-9/10. when the 7 month mark hit, I split it, and made the first half at the Poly, since i love the poly and it was open. So someone got a lakeview studio at 7 months at VGF

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter