Never noticed so many pool-hoppers! Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finally_Talking

Mouseketeer
Just got back from 10 days at Wilderness Lodge. Yes, it was hot, humid and crowded but really a lot of fun. Had a great room overlooking the woods/boat dock. Staff was great - housekeeping very good.

We have stayed at Disney 10 times in the last 12 years. Twice at Port Orleans, twice at Fort Wilderness and the last 8 times at WL. This past week I saw so many groups of people using the pool at WL that were not staying there. Much more than any of my other trips. I wasn't looking for it - just came across so many every day - it was kind of crazy.

The pool area was very crowded every afternoon (like usual). Around dinner time, we would see groups of people, wrapped up in towels, heading down to the boat dock to head back to Fort Wilderness.

We went to the 5 p.m. Hoop dee doo show at FW one day. On the boat back to the WL, there was a large group of people - women and children in bathing suits, wrapped in towels, heading to the WL pool. They were telling another group in line how they love to go over to the WL to use the pool because they have a bar, music and activities for the kids. They were telling the other group they've got to try it.

We were heading back to the WL from the Contemporary one evening and a group (couple of teens and parents) were again, in bathing suits, wrapped in towels, heading back to FW, talking about how great the Contemporary pool is.

I normally don't care that people pool hop - maybe they honestly don't know you're not supposed to and I also thought DVC owners could do it - but I have to say, it was pretty irritating that you couldn't find a spot to sit at the WL pool because it was so overcrowded. I would see at least four or five groups in bathing suits and towels heading back to the FW boat every afternoon that I was there. (Not that that is the only reason it was so crowded - but it certainly didn't help...)

Has anyone else noticed this so much lately - or was it just me?

In all my stays I think the WL pool gets "crashed" the most often. I've seen a thunderstorm come and a stampede of guests heading to FW.

Just got back from 10 days at Wilderness Lodge. Yes, it was hot, humid and crowded but really a lot of fun. Had a great room overlooking the woods/boat dock. Staff was great - housekeeping very good.

We have stayed at Disney 10 times in the last 12 years. Twice at Port Orleans, twice at Fort Wilderness and the last 8 times at WL. This past week I saw so many groups of people using the pool at WL that were not staying there. Much more than any of my other trips. I wasn't looking for it - just came across so many every day - it was kind of crazy.

The pool area was very crowded every afternoon (like usual). Around dinner time, we would see groups of people, wrapped up in towels, heading down to the boat dock to head back to Fort Wilderness.

We went to the 5 p.m. Hoop dee doo show at FW one day. On the boat back to the WL, there was a large group of people - women and children in bathing suits, wrapped in towels, heading to the WL pool. They were telling another group in line how they love to go over to the WL to use the pool because they have a bar, music and activities for the kids. They were telling the other group they've got to try it.

We were heading back to the WL from the Contemporary one evening and a group (couple of teens and parents) were again, in bathing suits, wrapped in towels, heading back to FW, talking about how great the Contemporary pool is.

I normally don't care that people pool hop - maybe they honestly don't know you're not supposed to and I also thought DVC owners could do it - but I have to say, it was pretty irritating that you couldn't find a spot to sit at the WL pool because it was so overcrowded. I would see at least four or five groups in bathing suits and towels heading back to the FW boat every afternoon that I was there. (Not that that is the only reason it was so crowded - but it certainly didn't help...)

Has anyone else noticed this so much lately - or was it just me?

We saw the same thing last month. Even though we were staying at the CR, we went over the WL one night to walk around and saw many folks taking the boat in bathing suits, wet with towels wrapped around them. I agree,couldnt care less what people but does get crowded over there at the WL pool. Its funny because after CR we moved over to the YC and even though the YC/BC/BVC were sold out you never knew it by the pool. I love the fact that the CM's check for id and we did see them turning people away if they werent staying there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter