Never done a solo trip contemplating

mel&me

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I never done a solo trip and find myself with a chance. Might just book n fly down next week for 4-5 days. I would take someone but everybody I know that I would want to go with, can't get off on such short notice. What stopping me is not sure if I would have fun alone. Any thoughts.

Do it! It's awesome! You can do all the things your family never want to do, you can sleep in or stay out late....you can resort hop and hit somewhere like Trader Sam's.

Disney is what you make of it so just do the things you want to do even if it's riding Space Mountain 3x in a row. Go wild! Disney is your solo oyster :-D

I did a solo trip in May. I came and went as I pleased and if I changed my mind the last minute on anything, I just did it. You won't be sorry! Have fun!!

I never done a solo trip and find myself with a chance. Might just book n fly down next week for 4-5 days. I would take someone but everybody I know that I would want to go with, can't get off on such short notice. What stopping me is not sure if I would have fun alone. Any thoughts.

The important question to ask yourself is: Do you enjoy doing things solo in your everyday life? Do you go to movies/shows, go shopping, eat out alone? Do you enjoy it and are you comfortable with it? If so, WDW solo is AWESOME! I am counting down to my 5th annual solo trip and i always have a blast, meet lots of characters, ride Star Tours over and over, eat at several TS places, come and go as I please, do crazy things like 4 Parks 1 Day, or eating something from every country in World Showcase (not all in the same day!). Next year, I'm not making a lot of advance ADRs; I want to play it more by ear. I'm a party of 1 and flexible enough to see what's avaiable and pick something - maybe I'll find a new favorite.

Of course, you never know if you'll like it until you try. :wizard:

The important question to ask yourself is: Do you enjoy doing things solo in your everyday life? Do you go to movies/shows, go shopping, eat out alone? Do you enjoy it and are you comfortable with it?

Definitely agree with this advice! You know yourself best. If you're not comfortable with these types of things yet, start small and try it out at home before you book a solo trip to WDW.

If you're not comfortable with these types of things yet, start small and try it out at home before you book a solo trip to WDW.

In some ways, I agree with this. For some folks, "going solo" just won't ever work, for a wide variety of completely valid reasons.

But I also like to live a little on the edge. (Most of my family would describe me as conservative, so take that with a grain of salt.:)) There is a freedom that comes from being in a totally different place, with thousands of people who you don't know who don't pay you a lick's worth of attention.

If you're first reaction isn't, "No way, I could never go to WDW alone!", and going isn't a significant financial hardship, then I say GO FOR IT! As a PP said, you'll never know until you try.

I love my family trips, I love my couple trips with DH. And I love my solo trips!! Try it, you just may like it.

Thanks for the great replies, I booked it. I do lots of things alone but prefer others around. My work scheduled changes so I book last minute often. My ex had a job that she could get off any time so it worked out well. But now shes not around and most people I know (the ones I would want to go with) can't get time off on such short notice. I have the time so I'm going.

Last edited:

I'll add that if I find I don't like parks alone, I'll go to the local Harley dealer and rent a bike. I do ride alone all the time and can do that all day. probably do that at least one day anyhow. But I think I'll be fine.

I just booked my first solo trip for Dec 6-9. I am so excited! I enjoy doing things by myself in my everyday life so the thought of being at Disney alone seems amazing to me!

Well I ended up taking my mom for her birthday and my uncle came along also. So much for a solo trip. Here now. Savanna view at kidani. I actually forgot about my moms birthday, my uncle mentioned it, and said why not take her, sounded good he then mentioned how he was never at disney so I brought him too for reminding me about my moms birthday.

Hope you're having a good trip! It's awesome that you brought your mom and uncle.
You were all concerned about going it alone and wound up finding someone to bring with you!
Let the magic happen and enjoy every moment of it!

(Next time, don't sweat going solo. It's AWESOME...been doing it for years and can't wait to go again.)

Hope you're having a good trip! It's awesome that you brought your mom and uncle.
You were all concerned about going it alone and wound up finding someone to bring with you!
Let the magic happen and enjoy every moment of it!

(Next time, don't sweat going solo. It's AWESOME...been doing it for years and can't wait to go again.)

Thanks, Having a great time. went up to the Top of the World Lounge for a couple cocktails and snacks and watched Wishes yesterday.
Seen illuminations tonight. Have a late flight tomorrow so can check out by 10am and still have 6 hrs around town before needing to head toward airport.
On the original post I made, I have come to the conclusion that I could do a sole trip and have no problem. So I know for future reference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter