Never been to USA before never mind Disney! Got a food question

bettina

Earning My Ears
My children and I are really getting excited now!! we're all set! We were talking about the food we are looking forward to trying - we want to go to a diner and experience an American breakfast - pancakes - eggs over easy all that kind of thing. What other foods/meals do you look forward to eating when you're there?

My children and I are really getting excited now!! we're all set! We were talking about the food we are looking forward to trying - we want to go to a diner and experience an American breakfast - pancakes - eggs over easy all that kind of thing. What other foods/meals do you look forward to eating when you're there?

The ribs at Smokey Bones - melt in your mouth! American BBQ is just brilliant!

Totally with you on the American breakfast - my fave meal without a doubt :thumbsup2

I love pancakes and waffles in the mornings :cloud9:

I also always look forward to a really good ice cream sundae with a load of toppings, whipped cream, nuts and a cherry :woohoo:

HaHa Love the question - we are food obsessed hear and this is our responses-
DD the steak and fruit - better than the uk!
DS - the pancakes, waffles, syrup
DH - the seafood that is commonplace there and unheard of here
Me - the puddings (zebra domes, cocomisu and creme brulee of every variety) plus frozen margeritas (sorry Kids not for you)

To be honest we all love the wide variety of food on offer at WDW. We have certain obsessions that we have to bring back with us :)

My vote goes for breakfast too!! Especially pancakes and waffles!
Though there are so many other things I could list -
Ribs, seafish, ice creams, pink lemonade, frozen lemonade.

Just not chocolate!! One thing they can't get right is chocolate, don't be fooled by Hershay - they don't taste good!!:rotfl:

It doesn't feel like a Florida trip for me if we don't go to the Waffle House! I also really enjoy a McDonalds breakfast on the way to Busch Gardens - breakfast traditions!

For me its pie! Not your normal apple pie that you get here but Peanut Butter Pie and French Silk from Perkins, Yummy!!

DBF loves the breakfasts and good ice cream ooo and biscuits and gravy and milkshakes!!!

... Sooo hungry... stupid diet!!

Try Ihop, it's not fancy or fussy but really yummy breakfast food. Not just for breakfast we went there at 11pm after a long day at the parks and it was perfect.

I made sure I tried all the typical stuff like a corn dog just to say i've tried it.

Churro's are really yummy, and steak, and any other types of red meat because it's nothing like you get over here. :thumbsup2

Ohh, and an all time fave is lucky charms breakfast cereal!

Another for pancakes at IHOP and anything peanut butter!! Cheetos is the kids fave lol

Definitely IHOP and check out all the different flavours of Ben&Jerrys you will find in Walmart and Publix

Just not chocolate!! One thing they can't get right is chocolate, don't be fooled by Hershay - they don't taste good!!:rotfl:

My DH's complaint everytime, no good chocolate, although he found a Nestle Dairy Crunch (the one a bit like rice crispie cakes) in AK once which brightened his day,:goodvibes, but no Cadbury's in sight anywhere.

We're actually not a great food fan but prob cuz we are not very adventurous eaters and stick to pizza, burgers...and get really fed up with them after a while.

Frosted Donuts and coissaints from Walmart first thing in the morning usually go down well with us as we don't like to waste time sitting around for breakfast, we just wanna get to a park, so we eat these on the go.

Im looking forward to the food almost as much as Disney! Cant wait to have pancakes for breakfast.

OH is looking forward to the turkey legs in MK & Goofy Candy Co in DTD.

I am looking forward to the french bakery in the World Showcase, Boardwalk Bakery, trying funnel cake for the first time, Cici's pizza, Chef Mickeys buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter