never been in(mid) June... crowds/weather???

daniluvsdisney

Mouseketeer
We have the oppertunity to go for a 4 nite trip to wdw in mid-June, mid-week. How are the crowds? We are going mainly for a 4 and 5 year old to do" princess stuff " and to take relatives who have never been. We will stay value or moderate. Can you tell me what to expect crowd and weather wise? Also any recommendations are welcome. Thank you so much!:sunny:

Hi, the last time we went we went in mid june right after school let out. The crowds were moderate, we rarely had to wait more than 20 minutes at the longest. The weather was very rainy however. Everyday it poured. There were breaks and we did get a fair amount of swimming in. we have 5 kids and decided to go with the flow. On the 3rd day we bought ponchos and did every thing we wanted to. It really was a great trip. My only suggestion would be to stay where there is a washer and dryer available. We are in the vacation club and because of the rain used ours every night. have a great time!

My experience in June of 2002 was that the crowd level was low- waits were short or non-existent for most attractions but the weather was rather lousy- it rained every day and not just the mid-afternoon brief storm.

June is one of my favorite times to go. The parks are just starting to stay open late, the crowds are not too bad yet and the weather is not quite as hot as in July and August. My other favorite time is November right after the Christmas decorations go up. Make sure you do the Princess Breakfast at Akershus in Norway if it is still going on. You meet lots of princesses there without having to hunt them down.

Go and have a wonderful time!

thanks all! It sounds as if the only real down side might be a little rain... we can handle that! for the money saved would you do a value or moderate? Leaning toward value as 4and 5 year olds will like both equally and this trip is not about us grown ups, but we'll enjoy the magic as well!:sunny: :wave2:

Originally posted by marksor
My experience in June of 2002 was that the crowd level was low- waits were short or non-existent for most attractions but the weather was rather lousy- it rained every day and not just the mid-afternoon brief storm.

Sound like we were there around the same time... I have never seen so much rain in my LIFE. The upside of all the rain was no wait time in line but by Thursday we were done. Couldn't handle anymore water!

I'm going in May this year hoping to see some sun.

June 2002 was not very crowded that time of year, probably still the after effect of 9/11; June 2003 was, particularly at MK where everyday most everything had a 2 hour line. Weather can be just 2 to 3 brief thunderstorms in afternoon to evening or, like last year, rain about every 16 hours out of 24, and that was pouiring rain much of that time.

i am teacher/ coach so june is our only real option.
we have been in june 5 times.
the weather is hot, but not sweltering, especially in morning or night. rain is hit and miss. we have been some years and only seen one shower in 5 days and then last year saw some rain most days and a lot of rain two of the days.
tips,
the earlier in june the better, usually good park hours and fewer people.
hit early entry to beat some of the heat.
if time, take a break after lunch back at the resort, kids and adults can get cool, swim, take a nap and get reenergized for the afternoon and night.
space out your attractions if possible to give yourself some time in the cool waiting for the ride. (like do space mountain after buzz because most of wait is inside where buzz is mainly outside waiting therefore hotter)
just let me know if you need any other info.
mikewdw

Our two previous trips were in June and we love it. The weather is hot but not unbearable! The crowds are manageable. We always get an early start, head back to the resort for a swim and nap and then head back out around 4pm and get a heads start on the evening so we found the crowds to be okay. During our June 2000 trip-the weather was perfect. Everyday was sun! No rain! Our June 2002 trip was just as the other posters' stated-rain rain rain!! Everyday of our trip! So you never can tell down there but we love the month of June for WDW! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter