• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Neurotic Luggage Question

zurekgirl

Mouseketeer
I'll admit that I'm probably over thinking this... I mean we're 20 days out and I'm packing... But...

Has anyone not had their luggage arrive on the ship?

I'm not talking about airline troubles. I'm just wondering if anyone has left their luggage at the Hyatt at MCO and not had it magically appear in their stateroom later that afternoon.

I have the boys stuff in one bag and DS and Is in another. Because of packing cubes (see my anal planning coming out) it works nicely that way. But maybe a better strategy might be to mix it up a bit....

Am I being neurotic? Anyone have Disney lose their bags?

Thanks!!

I'll admit that I'm probably over thinking this... I mean we're 20 days out and I'm packing... But...

Has anyone not had their luggage arrive on the ship?

I'm not talking about airline troubles. I'm just wondering if anyone has left their luggage at the Hyatt at MCO and not had it magically appear in their stateroom later that afternoon.

I have the boys stuff in one bag and DS and Is in another. Because of packing cubes (see my anal planning coming out) it works nicely that way. But maybe a better strategy might be to mix it up a bit....

Am I being neurotic? Anyone have Disney lose their bags?

Thanks!!

I've only read one report that luggage (from MCO Hyatt) didn't make the ship.

It's always a good idea to put a mix of everyone's clothes in each bag. DH & I always pack 1/2 my stuff and 1/2 his stuff in each of our two bags. That way, we will have something to wear if one of the bags goes astray. It's never happened, but we're ready.

If it makes you feel better you can walk your luggage to the DCL bus from the Hyatt...sort of defeats the whole purpose of convenience though. They move thousands of bags a week and I also have only heard of once incident of a bag not arriving (same one Shmoo is talking about).

MJ

If it makes you feel better you can walk your luggage to the DCL bus from the Hyatt...sort of defeats the whole purpose of convenience though. They move thousands of bags a week and I also have only heard of once incident of a bag not arriving (same one Shmoo is talking about). MJ

Agree the Hyatt is so convenient, if the thought of Hyatt staff mishandling your bags no matter how unlikely is a concern, I would just bring it downstairs and hand it to disney directly to save on the stress of worrying...

I've seen people bring their luggage on the DCL bus with them, but as stated above, it really defeats the convenience factor.

Okay....thanks everyone. I'm being neurotic. Hyatt is so easy. Only one story of missing luggage is pretty good odds!!

Plus when I told my husband about the post he laughed, rolled his eyes and said worse case scenario you have to buy clothes on board. :) He's clearly not worried!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter