• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Netflix

dtuleya

DIS Veteran
I just received a 500 pt. trial offer for Netflix through Mypoints. Anybody join this club? Is it worth it? We always have overdue movie fees and I was wondering if it would save me some $$.

I tried it awhile ago because we also had overdue fees quite a bit. The DVDs come in about 2 or 3 days and you watch them and send them back. They even supply the postage paid envelope. The only reason I cancelled was we weren't watching them fast enough to make it worth it. We are both so busy that they would sit around for a week before we watched them and sent them back. Beware though....if one gets lost in the mail they charge you for it.

Michelle

We've been members since December 1999. If you watch four movies a month, it's worth it (compared to Blockbuster). We've yet to "lose a DVD in the mail" although it is true that if you have many lost DVDs they will begin to charge you. We think it's great and haven't gone to Blockbuster (which is right on the corner) in years.

RyMickey

The only reason I mentioned the lost in the mail thing was because when I called to cancel my membership the last DVD that I sent back hadn't made it there yet. The rep told me that he would give it a few more days, but if it didn't make it back to them then I would be charged for it. I can't remember how much he said. Somewhere around $30 I believe. Thankfully it showed up the next day and I didn't have a problem. I have thought about signing back up, but I've just recently had 2 problems with letters being "lost" in the mail and then finally showing up a month later. I don't want to take the chance. We don't watch very many movies these days anyway.

I can vouch for Netflix. We have been members since
November '99. We love it. We have moved a few times
and they just put your account on hold for you.
We have never had a lost dvd. They used to take
2-3 days, but now we get them the next day. They
are now coming from here in TX instead of San Jose.
I'm not sure if they have other areas that they are
now operating out of as well. They frequently check
on their shipping times by asking you to reply to an
e-mail telling them which day you received your DVD.
Now if only they would start renting Playstation games
I would have no reason to trek across town to
Blockbuster. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter