Net.Grocer or mail package ahead

mickeys friend

DIS Veteran
Would love to hear from people who have used net.grocer.Also from people who have mailed their package to their resort to arrive before their arrival date.We always stop for our 30 minute shopping stop and take some things in our carry on.But this time I'am going to only pick up pop and water at the shopping stop and try and either mail the rest of use net.grocer.What have you sent by mail?Or what have you ordered from net.grocer?

We used Netgrocer for our first trip to WDW 3 years ago. I ordered lots of quick snack type items to take into the parks: individual raisins, nutrigrain and granola bars and juice boxes; also some snacks for the room: pudding and jello cups, popcorn, cereal, milk, etc. No problem getting the package delivered to the hotel, but I placed the order too late so it didn't arrive until our second day there. Just be sure to order a week in advance.

I sent a package via UPS this past July. There was no problem with getting the package delivered to the BC...the problem was getting it delivered to my room after I got there!

The package contained juice boxes, fruit snacks & crackers, glow necklaces and a few gifts for my little niece and nephew who were traveling with us.

The UPS website is great for figuring out how much it will cost and how long it will take to ship your package. You can even pay for it online and have your UPS man pick up the package at your home! I would definitely do this again, but I would be a little more assertive with the people at the hotel. I didn't get the package until 2 days after I checked in and it was only after I went to the front desk in person to get it.

Neither. We use www.wegoshop.com

You send them a list and they show up at your resort at an appointed time with everything you ask for. You can even pick which store you want them to shop at. We usually have them go to the Wal-Mart Supercenter. I think it's a $15 for up to $100 worth of groceries. Definately worth it, especially since they can also bring you refrigerated items like milk, deli meat, etc. They've always been very professional, reliable, etc. You pay when they bring you the stuff and they will give you the receipt from the store to show you aren't getting cheated.

I can't believe I never thought of this! We will be arriving very early (6am) and don't think grocery stores will be open. Since we will not have a car, we were wondering how we could get the gallon of milk, juice, etc that our kids need. Do these places deliver perishable food? Tell me more...

What's so good about it is that if they shop in Wal-Mart for you the bill from the store plus the $15 fee would probably be almost equal to your shopping at Crossroads and getting the exact sames items. It is so expensive there.

Nik's Mom -

www.wegoshop.com

delivers anything you want! On our last trip, we had them bring us milk, orange juice, deli meat, fruit, diapers, wipes, and lots more. We were staying at the AKL and they brought it right to our door at a pre-arranged time. It was great and we will definately be using them again!

Originally posted by Nik's Mom
I can't believe I never thought of this! We will be arriving very early (6am) and don't think grocery stores will be open. Since we will not have a car, we were wondering how we could get the gallon of milk, juice, etc that our kids need. Do these places deliver perishable food? Tell me more...
Netgrocer does not deliver perishables. They have Parmalat milk which we don't care for, but it was good enough for coffee. I wish I had known about the other when we used them on our first trip (we had a refrigerator and microwave in the room). This coming trip we won't have them, so I guess I'll save the $15 and use Netgrocer again.

Thanks! I will definitely use wegoshop.com! I have saved their webpage to my favorites.
Thanks, Gem!

Thanks for the tip on WEGOSHOP.com I will definitely save their web page for our upcoming trip! WOO HOO

Just to chime in.... we shipped a box of snacks and stuff down UPS to our offsite hotel this past January with no problems. The box included lots of special foods for my DS who has some food allergies, and stuff for my DH who is doing Atkins. I also included some juice boxes, regular snacks. The box was not huge (it was a box that about 12-20 quart canning jars came in) but it was HEAVY! (It contained a jar of Goober Grape and a box of rice milk, as well!) I loaded every inch of it (I knew those chewy fruit snacks were good for something more than rotting my kids teeth :p ). It cost under $20 to get it shipped.

They (UPS) were able to tell us just when to ship it to get it there when we wanted it. We had it delivered the day BEFORE we arrived.... Since we were arriving on a Friday, if we had scheduled it to arrive that same day, if it was late it wouldn't have arrived until Monday. Having it delivered on Thursday gave us a "buffer" day, just in case. But it arrived on Thurs. and was waiting for us at the front desk when we checked in. It worked out great!

I had notified the hotel to expect it. I put to us, c/o the hotel front desk. I put our reservation confirmation # on the outside of the package. It worked like a dream and I would do it again in a heart beat! ..............HTH...................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter