Nervous about resort choice...

rthutchens

When you wish upon a star...
Just booked a 4 night trip for Star Wars Weekend. To make it doable, I booked at All Star Sports. I have never stayed at a value resort. I'm kind of a deluxe snob. Help me feel better about my choice, please.

All Star Sports is a nice little resort. I didn't care for the food court but then again we were mostly at the parks and didn't spend much time there.

Just booked a 4 night trip for Star Wars Weekend. To make it doable, I booked at All Star Sports. I have never stayed at a value resort. I'm kind of a deluxe snob. Help me feel better about my choice, please.

I would be nervous too. I admire your courage. I am not bashing all stars, it would be tough going from Kidani or boardwalk to a value.

I haven't stayed at an all star, but I have done pop century after a stay at boardwalk in years prior. It's NBD. Especially for a short trip. My biggest issue was no hot tub but overall I was happy with it. Never problems with busses and we spent most time at the parks. There are a lot of food choices, but as posters have said, you could choose to eat at the park this trip if the food court isn't your thing. I will note, you could transfer to PC if you are really worried. People seem to say it is one of the nicer values.

I wouldn't worry too much, for only 4 days and being busy at SWW, it shouldn't be bad. Disney at a value is still miles ahead of not being at disney!

We, too have never stayed at a value resort. But we have reservations for the All Star this coming August. Let us know when you come back what your thoughts are.

If you are a deluxe snob, a short stay should be okay at a value. We've stayed at ASM twice and loved it! The values are very clean and well maintained!

We just booked one night at Sports prior to our week at BC. We had stayed at Movies in 2006 and my were fine with it. Pretty nice place and the prices are reasonable.

We are staying there this time because we got a cheap flight that comes in on Friday late afternoon, so we just need a place to sleep.

Clean, cute, serviceable food court.

Thanks for all the positive comments. It's just going to be my mom and myself so the room should be fine. I wished it would have worked out to stay elsewhere. I looked into renting DVC points but only SSR was available and the cost was still much higher than what we are paying with my annual pass discount. I only plan on sleeping there. Could someone explain how the bus system works there? Are there multiple bus stops?

I've done deluxe, moderate, and value.

These are the differences I've noticed:

You will miss the deluxe because:
1) they have the best service
2) deluxe has better pools
3) rooms / beds are larger
4) location, location, location
5) covered bus stops :rotfl2:

You will not miss the deluxe because:
1) you have a thousand dollars in your pocket in savings
2) better food court
3) heck! Who cares? It's still disney! :happytv:pixiedust:
4) you are not missing the pool because you are spending most of your time at Star Wars weekend!

Don't fret! It's gonna be great!

Thanks for all the positive comments. It's just going to be my mom and myself so the room should be fine. I wished it would have worked out to stay elsewhere. I looked into renting DVC points but only SSR was available and the cost was still much higher than what we are paying with my annual pass discount. I only plan on sleeping there. Could someone explain how the bus system works there? Are there multiple bus stops?

Bus goes to all of the all star resorts and picks up/drops off at each, so busses are shared between three resorts. Three stops nly I believe!

Just one stop at All Star Sports(at the front of the building). Sometimes you share with ASM and ASMo. Sometimes you will have your own dedicated bus. All Star Sports gets picked up first if you share.

Same thing at the parks. Sometimes you might have an All Star Sports bus and sometimes an AS bus that drops off to all three values. Sports gets dropped off first.

Bus service was always great for us when we stayed at ASM. So hopefully it will be great for you too! :)

I completely understand your hesitation. I too am a hotel snob. I know people always say it's just a place to sleep, but for me, a nice hotel/resort is part of what makes my vacation special! I stay at the Mods when I'm with family who don't want to spend the extra $$$ (this time I convinced them to go with AKL yay!!) but to be honest, I'm more comfortable at a Deluxe.

Having never stayed at a Value, I would definitely be interested to hear about your experience after your trip!

I stayed in a deluxe hotel, BC, my 1st visit and have since stayed at POFQ 3x, WL 2x, and all the values except AOA. I love the values! You will wonder what you were ever worried about after one day! Have a great trip! AS Sports was being refurbished in January too by the way so it should be fresh.

The first time my wife and I went to WDW, about 10 years ago, we stayed at the Sports resort. We didn't like it. The walls where super thin. You could hear everything. From people walking on the walkway in front of the door, to someone opening a can of pop in the room next door. The only good thing about it, besides the cheap price, it was clean. Now since we have been to the deluxe WDW resorts, we will never do a value one.

I know how you feel..

Now granted the first several yrs we stayed on site we stayed at ASMO, POP & ASMU we decided to splurge one yr on the Poly when we got a good RO code & that led to upgrading to CL then going back the next yr to Poly CL, staying CR & GF CL, BC CLso now this yr I got laid off my normal 9-5 job ( I'm also a TA) & we are lucky to be able to go back for our 5 yr anniversary in Sept. I have POFQ booked but if FD doesn't come out will need to downgrade to AsMU! We stayed here 3 other times & it's our fave value so I'm very grateful we can at least go but OMG will I miss the poly & GF!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You will be fine. I stayed at All Star Music and surprisingly after a couple days it really grew on me that I liked it very much. The room is small but it matches the price. The maid service was really good and staff so helpful. I loved the showers at the pool as they had two shower heads in one shower so I could have my disabled daughter shower so easily. This is a feature the boardwalk resort did not have at all. The contemporary came close.

You get the same Disney service and FL sunshine. And the most pleasant surprise will be your bill.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter