Nervous about going at Christmas

jacmo

Earning My Ears
We did our first family trip last year in September. It was a business trip for me, brought the fam. Short trip. We did one day at MK and that was it. It was such a good time we're going Dec. 24-31 but now I'm reading this is peak, as in crowds, season! We were so spoiled in Sept and never waited for a ride and it was AMAZING.

We're total Disney newbies. Don't know much about all the shows and other things to do other than rides and eating. :lmao: any advice on plans of attack? Things to not miss? Things where lines might be less and we can see more?

Really appreciate it!

Use Fastpass and get a new one as soon as the time allows to do so.

Enjoy the holiday theam that is going on.

Take some time to go to the different resorts as they aslo have great holiday things going on.

Just remember you could be home fighting crowds at the grocery or malls so Enjoy your time at WDW.

We will just be getting out of town on the 22nd.This will be our 1st X-mas time for us as well. We have done the Halloween 2 times now and they are great as well.

I would suggest buying an unnoficial guide and using the touring plans in the back. These have always worked out amazing for my family, never waited more than ten minutes!

Use the fastpass system and get up EARLY to go to the parks. For the first 2-3 hours, the parks a not very busy, so you can get a lot done!

We usually go to the park, get a fastpass for our favorite ride and then immediately go into the regular line and ride it right away. then go do a couple other rides, grab another fastpass BEFORE you go back to ride #1. Do the ride #1 , maybe 1 more ride and then get another FP BEFORE you use the one you have. We went to WDW on JAN1 and rode 23 rides, and it was PACKED! We use a system. We always grab a fastpass before we eat, whenever there is an opportunity, get a fastpass!

As the others said formulate a plan and use Fastpasses as much as you can. Go early and beat the crowds. Do you have ADRs made?

Allyson

NDAMomX2 said:
I would suggest buying an unnoficial guide and using the touring plans in the back. These have always worked out amazing for my family, never waited more than ten minutes!

ITA - those plans will be invaluable during that week!!!

I would just say to take your patience and remember you are there to enjoy the magic and be with your family! Be prepared for the lines and crowds and remember they are doing the same thing you are! Use the fastpasses whenever possible and plan on spending full days at each park! Take your time and dont rush yourself so much that you miss the christmas celebration all together! It is absolutely beautiful at Christmas and take in every detail! Buy a hidden mickeys book and use it while you are standing in lines!! Just prepare your family for long lines and to stay patient! That is the best advice I can give you! It is a very special thing to be at WDW at Christmas time!! Take a breath and enjoy the magic! HAVE FUN!

Gina

The most important thing is to get in the right frame of mine. Before you and your family even arrive, understand that IT IS GOING TO BE VERY, VERY CROWDED! You will not be able to just walk on any ride, plan your visits to the parks to take advantage of every hour. Being the Christmas season, the parks should all be open late. Don't forget to use the early entry when available. With some up front planning, you should still have a very enjoyable holiday. I hope you have a great time and a very Merry Christmas. :santa:

Welcome to the DIS, as others have said, it will be very crowded, but they are all there for the same reason. Plan your park visits based on what you intend to do for that day, eating, shows, this way you won't waste time traveling back and forth. If you plan on table service dining, I would suggest may ADR's ( advanced dining reservations ) now if there are any openings, otherwise you will be eating at counter service. The counter service is very good, but; if you want to plan a special dinner, you need to make those reservations now. Take time to enjoy all the holiday decorations and themes, and have a wonderful holiday vacation.

Yes it will be crowded...

but remember that "Your At Disney World! :banana: :banana: :banana: "

So take a big breath.. Breathe in and out... Smile and Have a Great Time!!

Enjoy the holiday festivities...
Osborne Family Lights at MGM
Candlelight Processional. EPCOT
Santas around the world. EPCOT

Also as others said, each hotel has a great display.
Maybe take time to go eat at Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

And as always... HAVE A GREAT TIME! :)

Have fun and get up REALLY early to be at the parks at opening!! Use the Fastpasses!!! It will be crowded :crowded: but you will be at Disneyworld :dance3: while the rest of us are home doing :laundy: and cleaning up from all the messes the kids leave after playing with their new Christmas toys!!

CowboyCO said:
Use the fastpass system and get up EARLY to go to the parks. For the first 2-3 hours, the parks a not very busy, so you can get a lot done!

We usually go to the park, get a fastpass for our favorite ride and then immediately go into the regular line and ride it right away. then go do a couple other rides, grab another fastpass BEFORE you go back to ride #1. Do the ride #1 , maybe 1 more ride and then get another FP BEFORE you use the one you have. We went to WDW on JAN1 and rode 23 rides, and it was PACKED! We use a system. We always grab a fastpass before we eat, whenever there is an opportunity, get a fastpass!

A fellow commando! :banana: :wave2: Sounds :banana: very much like our family system. I don't care how crowded it is, we ride and ride and we rarely wait for 30 minutes or more.

The biggest thing you can do to help yourself is to get to the parks early. And by that I mean be lined up at the gates before the park opens!

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, be in the right frame of mind. Don't expect to be able to ride everything you want to ride. Plan a few "can't miss" attractions and go for those first. Everything else, just see how it goes.

Enjoy the scenery and the atmosphere and don't get caught up in having to do every single thing because you'll just be setting yourself up for disappointment!

You cant do it all in December. Just find out what everyone is your party is most interested in. Do them first.

We are planing on doing 4 things in each park and the parades. We have a few dining reservations. Anything else is extra!

Its a lot of money to pay just to do a few things. But its Christmas! We want to see the decorations, holiday parades and shows and shopping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter