Nemo Update

joeysmommy

DIS Veteran
We just got back from DL yesterday, after a 6 day stay.
On Tuesday morning we lined up early at 8:30am and were 2nd in line at the gates. We walked briskly to Nemo and waited about 20 minutes, but most of the time in line was spent walking thru the queue. We entered the park at 9:05 and were on the sub by 9:30.

On Thursday night my niece wanted to ride it, so as we entered the queue it showed a wait time of 60 minutes but we were on the sub within 40 minutes.
The time went by so quickly as we ate dinner in line and chatted with the family behind us. Not too bad.

It's a cute ride, but I would not wait more than 1 hour for it.

Thanks for the update! I'll be there in 12 days and was wondering if the lines had shortened up yet. Looking forward to riding the subs again!

I also appreciate the update. We will be there in a 25 days and have been debating whether we want to stand in line. DH - 44, DS - 17, DD - 15. We did the submarines on our first trip to DL and then they took them out. Is the ride worth it??? Would like to hear from people who have been on the old subs and now have gone on Nemo. Are they comparable?

No fast pass for the Nemo Subs

We've been to the park a couple of times since they opened and have yet to ride. Lines over an hour make me crazy. Sounds like it's getting better though, so maybe next time.

Husker Mickey - I've heard from 3 different families & my wife that they prefer the old submarine ride over Nemo. However, kids will love the Nemo ride if they've never been on the old submarine. Also, while I was waiting for my family as they rode Nemo (I'm claustophobic :-(), I heard many people griping about the Nemo ride as they exited. The biggest complaint was that they didn't think it was worth the wait in line.

We agreed as a family over 45 mins is too much.........and we have never rode it yet.

I had the same experiences as you, but on the 18th and 20th. EE on Tuesday, though we only decided at the last minute to not go to Fantasyland, and got in line for Nemo instead. We were done and off the ride by 9:30. Then on Thursday, my brother visited and he and I found a supposed 60 minute line that actually took 40. Fast, pleasant line, especially outside of the heat of the day, and we felt it was worth it.

:)

Last Monday we waited and hr to get on nemo, was it cute, yes, was it worth the wait, yes but more then an hr I wouldn't. There is no fast pases because it is a new ride, not sure if they are going to do it has time goes bye. Kids will love this ride as will adults :thumbsup2

We rode it 3 times while on our trip early last month. (Where did September go?) Wait times were an hour, 45 minutes, 25 mintues. I loved it! I had never been on the original so had nothing to compare it to but maybe that was a blessing. Also, I have kids raised watching Nemo so I loved that part too.

The wait in line is not so bad and moves pretty fast. I did check wait times often and would not get into the line if it was over an hour, for Nemo or any other ride.

I could be wrong, but I think it is. We just received a mailing from getawaytoday and it stated that on EE day we could now take in Nemo.

Is this ride open for EE days?

Absolutely. That's how we got on on Tuesday, when we thought we would just go to Fantasyland for EE. Veered away from the castle instead, and had Nemo done a half an hour before the park was open for the general public! :)

Same for the OP, who rode the Tuesday after we did.

We found the ride very cute and we will be ride it again! Yesterday the line was 75 minutes when we walked by so Nemo for us yesterday. LOL But we plan on doing it when we are there at the end of the month as well. I had only been on the subs once prior to them closing down so I really can't compare but I remember enjoying that one. I did enjoy Nemo more but again no real "history" for me and the original subs. My girls loved Nemo!!! And my DBF enjoyed it as well. The subs are not too confined at all, I too have issues with claustrophobia but I was fine on them.

I already rode the subs back when it was the original sub ride when I was a kid in the 80s.

Not a big Nemo fan.

I am VERY happy they opened this ride though, mainly because it makes all the other ride lines are shorter! Woot!

My family was there the weekend of September 21 - 23. On Friday night we went into the park and got in line for the subs at 10 pm, and were onboard by 10:35. Thank heaven for APs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter