Neighbor gives letter instead of candy to moderately obese kids

If this article is true, she shouldn't hand candy to any children because she would be contributing to making the non-obese children into future obese children......hmmmm

I would never single out children on their weight and say you cannot have candy. That is up to the parents of that child to decide not me.

This lady is a fool in more ways than one. At least she advertised this ahead of time, so that parents know and can avoid potentially ruining their kids' Halloweens. What a witch.

Why are people obsessed with taking out the fun of everything?

Fix't that for you.

Sometimes people forget the U.S. was in part founded by religious zealots who though the seventeenth century Church of England was too corrupt. Abstemiousness and parsimony are hard-wired into our national D.N.A. Some people just have a stronger inheritance.

Hey, where are our resident fat-shamers? I thought this thread would be like a catnip party for them. Come out now! We can hear you reading!

In true Dis fashion, please allow me to point out that she left a period off of the end of her last sentence.

I see lots of eggs in her future!

That was the first thing I said, when I heard this on the local news this morning. I told my daughter, I hope she is prepared to clean hundreds of eggs off her house, and tons of toilet paper out of her trees! And while I wouldn't normally condone such activities, does she really not think that will be the result of this?

So handing out that letter is awful, but physical violence and vandalism is okay? Nice.

Well, I meant egging her house. I think that's a fair pay back for being a miserable, mean spirited person. She gets to scrub egg off her house.

She is so correct in what she says, but this is not the time or place to say that. I think the doctors should step up to the plate and address this with parents. This woman, however, is just asking for a world of hurt.

Exactly - so hand out small toys or stickers or something that's not candy. Plenty of ways to be a positive force in your "village"

She is the village idiot...if she was sooooo concerned than she should hand out healthy items. But no she has to make a statement and embarrass children...way to go witch!

OT - What is the tag fairy? I have seen it mentioned a few times since I started reading here.

Every member has the ability to put a funny quote or line ("TAG") under their user name, but only their name and only in black. The Tag Fairy has the ability to put it under anyone's name and do it in color.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter