Negativity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, very! :thumbsup2

Where do think bombs and bullets come from? :rolleyes:

And call me sore.. whatever.. that pic says a thousand words. And none of them are complaints by me, I'm down with an -MM- member having the staff/host edge! :thumbsup2

tolkien7 said:
Are you suggesting (by including a picture) that Pinkgirlygirl won because she is friendly with Hula? Did you see how incredible her room was? I hope that isn't what you meant, because it would be a rotten thing to say.

The room was great! No denying it. The point is that there were many rides just as great. It can't hurt to be buddies with a host, that's all. There is also mention of another winner in that picture. :confused3 I don't think anyone is implying that that the winners did not have awesome rooms. They did! :sunny:

I didnt enter the ride contest, didnt have any time at all to make a ride what with homework and such. Its suprising people would complain so much, I mean the only thing I would have to complain about is the 8/9 pin being released to everyone if I had traded lots of stuff for it previously.

I think people are human and I was happy with many of the rides that won. I was sad my ride did not win because I knew I could not do any better. I think I took it more personally concerning myself. Not that the host did bad judging. I was sad not many on Dis or VMK saw my ride. If I had lots of people come then I would have been happy. But everyone was sitting in their rooms or helpng those who were not judge to give support to the long wait. I spent most of my time doing that to. I build for others to have fun.

I have never seen a staff in my room except for ride compeititon. And I do appreciate lily waited to give me my flag when I DC. When I asked if she enjoyed the ride. She said thanks for entering. A nice or good work is worth more than the prize. I worked two weeks on my room. Probably because I have problems figuring out left and right turns LOL. But I also understand that she was pressed for time too.

I am happy with the tomorrowland pin. I just wished they had added many more winners. 40 out of 2000 is way too low for the amout of entries.Even just honourable mention another large group that had really good rides mentioned no need for a prize. Seeing your name in print is an honour and that is really all I wanted and I am sure many others. Prizes are nice acknowlegdment means more :)

And over 2000 rooms was way to many to judge properly. I think there should have been too rounds. The judging and maybe the top 200 another week to let other staff ride too and more on VMK. Just looking at pics does not let you see the feel of the ride. I have played since day one never met Yavn and have only said hello to lily, Halu and fin. Never had green flips, or sparrow, or inferno. But what I have got and is very special is many people I truly call friends that are there no matter what. Now that is better than any virtual prize. And when others came to me last night to talk and cheer me up I was so touched. That was my prize:) To be able to share in the happy moments and the sad moments that is the pixie dust in VMK.

And I thank them for keeping VMK fun. S0 I give up on trying to win a best quest or best guest room.

So I will not be entering another single competition not because of bad judging because I worked too hard, cared too much and just don't have what others have in there creativity.

Staffers are always going to look upon their "friends" rooms more than others when judging. It's like trying to pick whether you like your friends idea better or the person you've never known.

Most of the rides deserved their wins. I am assuming that the rest of those were helped along up the hill just by "knowing" a staff member. The dude who posted a picture does say a thousand words, though. I will admit that.

Let's face it... there are always going to be staff favorites? Can we do anything about it? No. So take it, embrace it, and move on. You (anyone who is reading this) tried your hardest and gave your ride the best effort, and thats all that matters.

Pink deserved to win. Her ride was fantastic. I can almost guarantee you, however, that some of the other winners in that list won by knowing a staff member and speaking to them on a regular basis.

Maleficent2 said:
Let's keep this civil folks or it will close.-Mal
The matter we are discussing usually doesn't stay "civil" so I am not sure how this will go...

BriarRosie said:
I made a negative comment, but it wasn't on my own behalf. :rolleyes:
I honestly couldn't figure out why some rides I felt were so deserving did
not get recognized. (But a few I did see I agreed with.)

I went into the contest knowing fully well I might not win, and I am not
complaining about that or the participation prize, either.

But maybe you weren't referring to me, so maybe I'll just go to the corner
now and eat some chocolate. :)
Rofl! :rotfl: Wasn't directed at you:) and Chocolate sounds great! Can I have some?!lol

Sparkle_Cherry said:
I completely agree, very well put hdmonkeybug. Except for one small thing I can't resist pointing out... it was Thumper the rabbits' mom who said that line in Bambi, tee he :teeth: I get your point though.

~C.B.
lol You're right, its been awhile since I've seen it and I am on cold meds that make me a little loopy! Sorry.

Tampa said:
This is a place to talk about the game. The good, the bad, and the disappointments. If you can't handle that, simply don't read. With "2000" enteries, a few complainers such as myself is hardly many.

End of opinion.
Yes this is a place to talk about the game-and venting a little is not what I was referring to. I was not JUST talking about the ride competition. I just feel that these boards used to be a pretty positive place and lately have become a whine fest. There are too many players that repeatedly complain about every aspect of the game.

hdmonkeybug said:
I have noticed a lot lately that there are many people on this board complaining about the things that vmk gives as prizes or complaining about not winning things. Why is it that so many people are feeling so negative about the game? I think that thechanges that vmk has made are great. The events have been running much more smoothly, and the new releases as well as re-released items are great. I made a ride for the competition that I was happy with and so did 2000 other people. Why am I hearing so much whining about people not winning? If you were happy with it that's all that should matter. There were 2000 rides and 5 judges, and they chose the winners based on their opinions. It is all about opinions, people. Everyone sees things differently. I just want to know if so many of you are unhappy with the game, the prizes, the items, and events- then why on earth do you play? If the game gives you so much to complain about- stop playing. Plain and simple. I can't remember a time since I have been on these boards where so many people whine about so much. Can we go back to what Flower the skunks mom said? " If you can't say anything nice - then don't say anything at all." There are people on these boards that win a lot of events that feel they have been slighted or cheated when they don't win. I don't get this. I play to have fun, enjoy myself and hang with friends. I have never won a best room or best ride. I do it because its fun. Please people, there are so many players that never win and are happy playing- can't we all stop complaining and just thank vmk for giving us the game?

End of rant!

I am really really sorry if I made anyone feel bad... some of the winners should have been immediately disqualified for not using only space track pieces (which they said we have to do) and others that had rides that looked like everyone else's... Again I'm really sorry and I take back ANY negative comments I have put forward.

Lion

Tampa said:
This is a place to talk about the game. The good, the bad, and the disappointments. If you can't handle that, simply don't read. With "2000" enteries, a few complainers such as myself is hardly many.

End of opinion.

Woot! Well said! My point is that while Ranch does have great rooms - so do many others, and if I had built a room that I felt was better than others that did win - I would not point this because it may make others feel bad.

Maleficent2 said:
Let's keep this civil folks or it will close.-Mal
I did not open this thread to bash anyone. I truly just want to discuss how much the complaining has increased lately. I enjoy the board when people support each other. Lately there has been less and less support and more and more entitlement complaints. Note to everyone: Lets not mention any names so that we can keep this a civil discussion.

Belle1997 said:
And over 2000 rooms was way to many to judge properly. I think there should have been too rounds. The judging and maybe the top 200 another week to let other staff ride too and more on VMK.

This is the best idea I have seen. Let’s face it the majority of the people who go on the rides are ride builders themselves. I was in my room just long enough to get judged and then I was out there supporting friends, not because I was not happy or pleased with my ride but because I know how frustrating it is just to sit there and wait having gone through it the last two competitions. I tried very hard to at least look at all my friends rides who were on my friend list and was not able to even see all of that let alone many others. I saw lots of creativity in all the rides who really tried to make one and not just enter because of enter prize. I was very pleased to see few of my friends to get the recognition they well deserved" Go Add, Bearz, Made, Out, Pink, Q and Rolls." I saw CL_SillyQueen ride during the competition and knew it was a sure winner as did Pink’s with color. Their rides spoke for themselves. I tried last night to find other winner’s rides that I have not seen and was only able to locate few. Considering the creativity and building abilities I saw this past week I just wish we would have been able to see some of the other rides that were in top 200 made by people we do not know. I also believe all the rooms should be judged when no one is in the room and all week long to make it easier for the judges to go through and see the details and not to be influenced by presence of room builder or other players. I also think it will be a good idea for each judge to only judge one category this will give every ride builder the same fair play level.

hdmonkeybug said:
I did not open this thread to bash anyone. I truly just want to discuss how much the complaining has increased lately. I enjoy the board when people support each other. Lately there has been less and less support and more and more entitlement complaints. Note to everyone: Lets not mention any names so that we can keep this a civil discussion.

I understand what your intentions were and respect that but these threads tend to go downhill at a rapid rate.

Just another note attacks do not have to name names.

Mal

I think some of teh responses here are rather funny - again, people say the winners are all Staff Suckups, but..

I though in this winner list there was a CLEAR anti-suckup bias - I did not see some veteran suckups on the list like RobertSCA, timmyastro or ShoreBoy, among others. I think staff did a GREAT JOB picking the winners.

I thought I put together a pretty good ride. Well among the top half, and easily among the top ten I saw. But I only saw about 40-50 rooms. That probably would not even be 2% of the rooms. So maybe mine was in the top 200 or top 400. To be even a runner up, you had to be in the top 1/2% in a category. So I am not shocked that I didn't win. Some people think that having a great room = deserving to win. Maybe when they ponder those numbers, they will be able to take joy in the fact that they got a great pin that most of them had missed out on before. And a flag. Woot!

I did not participate in the ride competition, so maybe you can take me seriously when I say what I have to say.

I did have a problem with the judging. I don't want to point any one room out on these very public boards, but I have to honestly say that I had a problem with the way this competition was judged.

I think that some, or rather most, of the rides that won were deserving. However, I think that some of them were almost completely biased. One winning ride that I rode, had hardly any Space Mt. Ride pieces and I got the impression that they just added some track pieces to some rooms that they already had. The decorations were absolutely phenomenal, but I thought the point of this competition was to showcase the new track pieces and show how you can use them creatively.

I love April in Disney's idea of having anonymous room judging; this would most likely rid the problem of people complaining about the judging and ''Staff favourites'', as well as prevent biased judging from occuring, if this is what indeed happens. I guess you could say that I am included in the group of people that whines abut the way the competition was judged. Honestly, I think there is something to complain about here, at least to some degree.

In my opinion, alot of people with excellent rides were excluded. I rode alot of the rides, and some of them I thought would be sure-fire winners. I don't want you to think that I only had a problem because some of my friends didn't win, some of them did and deserved it. However, some of my friends or friends of my friends, did not have a winning ride design on my standards and won anyways. I don't attatch a name when I judge a ride that I'm riding, I base it on what the ride itself is like and how much I enjoyed it.

The judging of this competition is so controversial, everyone has different opinions about it. Some of you will say that if it upets you so much, then don't enter the competition, but that is ludacris. Everyone should have a fair chance, and if the ''staff favourites'' are going to win some good spots, then why should everyone else just say: ''well there's no hope, might as well give up''? If they numbered the ride rooms and staff voted for a number then I think this could solve alot of problems.

I don't care if you trash, bash, or pick apart this post of mine. I did have a problem with the judging, and you can't say anything that is going to change my mind. Considering I did not participate in the event, my opinion is almost absolutely unbiased.

If I had made a ride and the players had enjoyed it then I would be happy. Winning would be cool too, but I really don't care about that. The point is, that some people do, and some people did deserve to win and did not. Sure, they would be happy that players enjoyed it, but when you know in your heart that you deserve better, then you're going to complain about it.

~C.B.

Xpdtion-futureWDI said:
Staffers are always going to look upon their "friends" rooms more than others when judging. It's like trying to pick whether you like your friends idea better or the person you've never known.

Most of the rides deserved their wins. I am assuming that the rest of those were helped along up the hill just by "knowing" a staff member. The dude who posted a picture does say a thousand words, though. I will admit that.

Let's face it... there are always going to be staff favorites? Can we do anything about it? No. So take it, embrace it, and move on. You (anyone who is reading this) tried your hardest and gave your ride the best effort, and thats all that matters.

Pink deserved to win. Her ride was fantastic. I can almost guarantee you, however, that some of the other winners in that list won by knowing a staff member and speaking to them on a regular basis.
I agree with Xpdtion-futureWDI. Mostly everywhere there are some people who play favorites. It isn't right, but like Xpdtion-futureWDI said we can't do anything about it. ::yes::

I rode alot of the rides, and some of them I thought would be sure-fire winners

I totally agree. How do the judges pick the final winners when there were at least 200 REALLY incredible rides that probably had perfect scores? Do you go with a player you have never seen before or do you pick someone you really like? VMK is a lot like real life. It's not always WHAT you know....

Some of the rides that people say were "sure-fire winners" I rode as well. And I thought this "sure-fire winner" wasted his time making an incredibly lame ride. Subjective it is. Knowing someone does not mean they will pick you, even 2 of the ride runnerups I know have a BAD reputation among staff. So, this judging may hav ebeen SLIGHTLY biased, of course, they always are. I though some of the rides I rode were great, some were not so great, but then some anonymous diser would come along and say how "great" this ride is and how much is "deserved to win" and all the while I am laughing so hard it is not even funny. everyone deserved to win, and guess what? EVERYONE DID - EVERYONE got an orange pin! Give it a rest. I personally have felt in the past that some really BAD room have won the best guest room, but you know what? It is subjective there as well. Life is not fair, you will not always get a trophy just for competing. Deal with it. I pulled my son out of soccer because there were no winners and no loosers, everyone got the same stupid trophy and it teaches him a BAD lesson.

JulyGirl said:
The room was great! No denying it. The point is that there were many rides just as great. It can't hurt to be buddies with a host, that's all. There is also mention of another winner in that picture. :confused3 I don't think anyone is implying that that the winners did not have awesome rooms. They did! :sunny:

To be fair, the other player mentioned, Jellyrolls, did NOT win in the previous
competition, but I thought Team Boogies should have. I felt she won
purely on her own merits, not something implied by that photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter