Needs Cute Idea for Suprise Disneyland Trip as Christmas Gift

lilismomma

Mouseketeer
Well my Aunt works at disney and has offered me and my little Family of 3 to go to disney with my uncle and her. I jump at the chance since it free and wont have to get hotel since they live like 15 min away.
So i wanna suprise my 5 year old in a special way i wanna let her unwrap the suprise. What would be a cute way of doing that. My plan is for her to find out of the suprise on christmas were going on Jan 2nd i want her to think that the gift came from disneyland

" i have a Fairy Godmailer on it way thanks to pixiewings71" i was thinking maybe puttin in her stocking

You could have her open a box with a Disney helium balloon inside, so it floats out with the card attached?

When we took my brother and sister and our son to Disneyland we gave it to them as a Christmas present. I got a small rubbermaid container and filled it with Disney goodies. It was all stuff that could be taken with us on our trip, we drove so we needed lots of things to occupy the time. The very last thing they pulled out was a paper with all the details of the trip.
Things we included were:
Character Pez dispensers
Coloring Book and Crayons
Tattoos
Socks
Disney Fruit snacks

Most stuff was bought at the Dollar Store. Good Luck with your surprise!

I was thinking about doing something similar for my daughter. I was thinking about making one of those countdown calendars or one of those paper ring links that you tear of a link each day til you leave for the trip. Figure I'd just wrap one of those and give it to her. Or maybe you can arrange one of those character calls for christmas morning.

Then again I may just not tell her anything and surprise her when we get on the plane.

do you have a Disney store in your area? make up a card in advance or get a balloon. Go to the store and have a cast memeber employee play along and explain the surprise while your daughter is busy elsewhere. Have the cast member walk up to your daughter and present the card or balloon and tell her that Mickey has personally invited her to join him and his friends for a holiday at Disneyland.

We are doing this for our 6 children for Christmas(19,14,13,11,8,6). The only one who knows is our DD19 who had to get time off work for the trip. We are going to get three matching colored shirts for each child and put Disney iron-ons on them. Their ticket will be in the pocket of one of the shirts.

We told the kids that we weren't going this year, so they will be totally surprised. We decided that since the years that our babies believe in Santa are numbered, we would surprise them in hopes that it prolongs the belief a couple more years. I can hardly wait and am excited about it because my husband(not a super Disney fan) came up with the idea!!

DS is getting a surprise Christmas gift for his Spring Break trip to Disneyland. I bought a castle picture frame ornament and in the opening I'm going to put Spring Break 2010 Trip. I also bought a Disneyland autograph book and pen to wrap with the ornament. A character call is scheduled for 8am so I plan to have him open the present at about the same time. This will be our 1st trip to Disneyland so we are beyond excited!

Did this two years ago for our kids. Santa left a huge Mickey Mouse Christmas gift bag filled with family t-shirts, plane tickets, cameras, balloons and letter from Mickey inviting the family to visit him at DL. It was a very special moment. Be sure to catch your moment on tape.

Enjoy!

You could have her open a box with a Disney helium balloon inside, so it floats out with the card attached?

Adorable idea. That just brought a smile to my face! :)I'd like it if my husband would do something like that for me!!!!

Adorable idea. That just brought a smile to my face! :)I'd like it if my husband would do something like that for me!!!!

We did it to surprise my parents with a hot air balloon trip years ago. :goodvibes

These are all great ideas! I'm taking my dd to DL for spring break also and she doesn't know it yet. Her birthday is Dec 26 and I was trying to come up with a clever way to wrap a "Disneyland Trip" for her birthday present.

My parents surprised my brother and I one year with a trip to WDW. They got us both carry-on sized suitcases and put inside the brochures for WDW and the resort we were staying at. I was 12 and my brother was 9 at the time though, so we could figure out that the brochure meant we were going fairly quickly... Maybe get a carry-on and fill it with other Disney stuff?

I loved all the wonderful advice i took a few and combined them.. I had a old boxs from a Disney picture frame i bought last year i put a shirt and sweater in there waiting for the Fairly godmailer and on Christmas eve ill buy a ballon and wrap it up im so excited!

We are going on our first trip to DL as a family in February. We, too, are giving it as a Christmas present. I bought Disney gift cards (to spend in the parks) and a Mickey for DS and a Minnie for DD. I love the helium balloon idea out of the box with the other items attached. What a fun thread!

I am planning on surprising my girls this Christmas as well. I decided to give them a treasure hunt as their last Christmas present from DH and I. I made a map and they have to find 5 clues. Then piece together the clues at the end. And then they will find out their present is a trip to CA. My mom used to do this for us as kids and we loved it! So I'm hoping that the girls will get a kick out of it too.

I did something like this for my nephew a few years ago. Told him we are going to help a friend move, and that we were going to fly there so we could drive one of the trucks back. Of course we had to have a layover in L.A. to get ot our final destination. When we were getting our bags "to put them on the next flight" I gave him his goofy hat from his parents and then told him we would be in the park for 4 days! got it all recorded too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter