Needing some help with planning Sea World and Legoland trip

airalynn

Earning My Ears
I'm needing a bit of help here from anyone who has been to Sea World and Legoland. The last time I went to Sea World was 25 years ago and boy has that place changed since then. It will be me, dh, dd 8 and ds6.
So here's what I'm looking for.
Legoland- any and all info on rides that are musts and favorite things there. I also need info on the food available in park and what the prices are like.
Sea World- suggestions on things that 2 animal lovers really should see or do. What the food is like and prices. I would also love to know if there are places in the park that I should slot a large amount of time for. TIA!!!!!

Haven't been to Legoland but would absolutely recommend the Dolphin Interactive Program at Sea World. We took our DS for his first Disney trip 2 years ago for his 9th birthday and went to Sea World for the day. The biggest highlight of his trip was getting to swim with the dolphins.
It's a little pricey but well worth it in my opinion. Definitely the opportunity of a lifetime.

At Seaworld, try to be there for the feeding of the animals. They do it different times in the day. Its hands on and pretty cheap. The kids love it.

If swimming with the dolphins is more money than you want to spend, they also have other behind-the-scenes tours that are cheaper. I've never done one but the penguin one looks really interesting. If you go to Seaworld's website they give a description of all the different options.

Also, my favorite part of the park was the arctic exhibit. There is a little ride simulator (similar to Star Tours at DL) at the beginning that is just okay but you can skip it and go straight to the animals if you want. I was impressed with how close the animals were and they were different than the ones you usually see like a walrus and some beluga whales.

At seaworld, food is EXPENSIVE and, from what we've had, barely OK. All we've had is a pasta with marinara (at the italian themed place with the HUGE lines) so it's hard to mess that up too horribly. My SIL loves their kid's meal of a hot dog with chips...that's expensive too but it comes with a plastic lunchbox sort of thing (SIL just tells them to keep the box thing and takes the hot dog and chips on a tray).

We like seeing the Arctic animals, too. We have never seen the actual "ride", which I think is a motion simulator. We take the no-movement side (b/c DS has been too short for the other side until recently) and then walk through the room without watching the movie.

We like watching the flamingos.

We like the penguin exhibit inside, but start to feel like we're in Happy Feet (in the part where the penguin ends up in an exhibit and it's like the people are on display instead of the penguins) and we leave fairly quickly.

The shark exhibit...eh...it underwhelms every time. And is very very stinky.

Absolute FAVE show? Pets Rule. Dogs, cats, birds, a pig, ducks...it's very cute. SIL works downtown and is a passport holder with my brother, and they will often meet just for lunch and to see the Pets Rule show. :)

Have to agree the "Pets Rule" show is the best there. DD and I saw it years ago when she was quite young and she loved it. We went this past summer and even though she is a "teen" now, she still loves that show. Its very cute.

The other show I would suggest is the sea otter show, but the "after dark" one. It was very funny and much more enjoyable than the regular one.

Haven't been to Legoland but would absolutely recommend the Dolphin Interactive Program at Sea World. We took our DS for his first Disney trip 2 years ago for his 9th birthday and went to Sea World for the day. The biggest highlight of his trip was getting to swim with the dolphins.
It's a little pricey but well worth it in my opinion. Definitely the opportunity of a lifetime.

Hi,
We're going in 2 weeks and I know my 8 year old son would LOVE to do this as well. It's a surprise trip though including Disneyland, Universal Studios, and the zoo so I don't want to ask him if he would do the dolphin interaction alone or if he would want myself or my husband to attend as well. Did your son do the program alone? I certainly wouldn't mind going with him, but don't really want to spend another $170. Can you see them during the program?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter