Needing any helpful info!

KT0191

It's "Mr. Banana Beak" to you, Fuzzy
I'm taking my son (he'll be 3) alone in September for a week! Any life saving hacks/tips you would suggest? We will be staying at Sports and have the regular DDP. I'm super excited but super nervous. Do you think 7 nights is too much?

Make sure you have a little poncho for him, it will rain. I don't think 7 nights is too much since the little guy will probably get tired and need some down time. I took mine when he was that age, just me and him. I didn't get him a stroller which worked well for us, when he got tired we would either go rent a Disney one or head back to our room for some down time/swim time. Most important thing is go at his pace. Don't try to do some regimented schedule, if he's tired rest, if he's up early hit it. 7 nights gives you plenty of time to see things so you won't need to rush around. My son was very good about holding my hand or never being too far from me. I was a single mom and took him everywhere with me so he was used to travelling. When we would eat at QS, he would stand in front of me and he had to always either hold my hand or part of my clothes. When I would get the tray, he would hold onto my shirt, I could feel him tugging so I always knew he was there.

Make sure you have a little poncho for him, it will rain. I don't think 7 nights is too much since the little guy will probably get tired and need some down time. I took mine when he was that age, just me and him. I didn't get him a stroller which worked well for us, when he got tired we would either go rent a Disney one or head back to our room for some down time/swim time. Most important thing is go at his pace. Don't try to do some regimented schedule, if he's tired rest, if he's up early hit it. 7 nights gives you plenty of time to see things so you won't need to rush around. My son was very good about holding my hand or never being too far from me. I was a single mom and took him everywhere with me so he was used to travelling. When we would eat at QS, he would stand in front of me and he had to always either hold my hand or part of my clothes. When I would get the tray, he would hold onto my shirt, I could feel him tugging so I always knew he was there.

Very helpful, thank you. We will be renting a stroller so I don't have to worry about it when flying and stuff. Everything will be basically planned around him! Long mid-day breaks are something I have already planned on. Plus a full day off and just DTD that night. Glad to hear I am not a crazy person though! Haha.

Stroller fan and a misting fan are both great. September can be quite humid.

When DD was a toddler I used a strap for her sippy cup that attached to the stroller. It helped us avoid losing it or it falling on the ground.

7 days will be a nice trip, especially if you go at your son's pace. Have fun!

Thank you all for the very helpful advice! This is my third time taking him..just my first time being alone. But your advice really helped put me at ease.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter