Need Your Help About This One...

Captain Bram

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know about Peacock Suites Resort in Anaheim??? I am looking for some opinions about this property. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Any insight you can provide will be greatly appreciated!! I might even write your name in the sky!!

:teeth:

Disney Dad Says.................................Just posting to keep this going. AAA says it's 2 blocks to DL but is more like four. Not a big deal, all the places do it, it's like the first block doesn't count and you are at DL when you reach Harbor and Katella, even though it is two more blocks to the gate. We drove by it two years ago and it looked new. It also has indoor corridors, that is worth half a star alone! Much quieter and safer than exterior ones.
I can't reccommend the place because we have never stayed there. Some people reccommend on what they hear, we reccommend on what we see.
Try www. peacocksuitesresort.com

Thanks, Disney Dad! The link was very helpful and your comments were very helpful, too!

We're planning on going to DisneyLand in June, and I get an interline deal at that property through my airline, hence the interest in it. From what I see it looks like a great place for us to stay the week.

Thanks again for your help!!

When I first started planning my vacation I really wanted to stay at this place. But as I nosed around on the web, I found luke warm reviews and places that were closer and cheaper.

Heres a thread from Laughingplace.com that deals w/ peacock Suites.

http://laughingplace.com/default.asp?WCI=MsgBoard&WCE=T-30093-P-1&Refresh=0123112615

If you go to www.travelocity.com and do a search for you dates in anaheim and search for hotels w/ the name peacock you will get the prices they list for those dates. They also have a traveler review of the place. It got 4 smiles out of 5.

try www.mouseplanet.com has a review section you can check there also.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi

we stayed at the Desert Inn and Suites in a parlor suite for 69.00 in the off season. It was very clean and a few minutes walk to the park. I just couldn't find anything outstanding about Peacock to make the distance from the park worth it when I could find cheaper w/ better reviews walking distance.

Now in March, I'm staying at the Residence Inn Orange, which is a bit a way, but we got the Penthouse (sleeps 6) for 89.00 and this includes a great breakfast and DINNER each night. Heck, I don't think we could feed 6 of us breakfast and dinner each day for 89.00.

Thank you Sonya!!

OOOO, that was a scary review, but I am very glad you pointed me to it!

That's just what I wanted the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. I think that constitutes the Ugly!! Some places just don't know how to do it right...

I'm going to look into the properties you mentioned in the latter part of your response. Thanks for the ideas. I am completely unfamiliar with the Disney area, as the last time I was there was in the late '80s.

Thanks again Sonya!! I very much appreciate your insights!!

Captain Bram-
Most of the hotels do offer an interline discount. The WestCoast right near the park has offered a really great rate, and it's so close. The farther offsite you go, the better the discount. I also have gotten a discount at the DL hotel, but it was last minute. Good luck!

You can order the 5 day tickets for the price of 3 with the fast pass option thru disneyland travel. I called central reservatons and they transfered me, you do not need to pay for a package. The agent said it would be $129 for each adult and to allow several weeks for shipping. He also said they could be ordered through the TDS, but I never confirmed that.

We did get great on site rates using the So Cal code on mousesavers. Even though it says its for So Cal when we called they said there were no restrictions.

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter