need your frugal help

itsdisneytime

oh my, am i day dreaming about Disney again?
Im going to disney yaaay! but also coming along with me is my sister who things having a rent a car is not necessary, the hotel we are staying at only has every 2 hour shuttles and its not convenient for me I think.

Does anyone have any rent a car codes to share for discounts on something economy or compact for may 19=25? I would sure appreciate the help.

Have you tried looking on Priceline? I've seen some great prices there.

Check out mousesavers.com - On the rental car page, click on discounts. Alamo seems to have the best - but check out others for your dates too. I got a pretty good code on Alamo using a ID and Coupon Code - but I don't know if they'll work anymore.

If you don't mind which company you use, try priceline and bidding on the smallest size car (ecspecially if its just the two of you using it just to get back and forth to the parks). But checkout different bidding forum sites for help on how to get the best bid.

Hotwire also has cars from $13.95 a day, at least that is what they advertise.

Also check kayak.com to see what general rates you can get as well, so you can compare to any discounts you find.

HTH!:goodvibes

I have a timeshare and stay off property all the time, tell your sister I said...

you need a car, trust me... YOU NEED A CAR! :rotfl:

I went to Alamo, put in BJ's corp ID (they don't check) 7015223
I also put in coupon on mousesavers: Get $25 off weekly rental of a Compact through Luxury, Minivan, SUV or convertible. Go to the Alamo web site and use the coupon code AD6974JDM when booking. 5-day minimum rental. No physical coupon required. Valid on rentals picked up by 6/30/10, but holidays and other blackout dates may apply.

For an economy it was $166 after discount, coupon and taxes. $12 more before discounts, taxes, etc and you can go up 2 car classes. I assume you are splitting the charges, $83 is not too bad for a week of not having to stand around and wait, plus when you are out of the parks you can eat where ever you want!

Granted, you also have to add to the cost of parking at WDW ($14 a day), but remember a hotel shuttle may only be dropping you off at one park then you need to take WDW transportation and losing more valuable time. I would call the hotel and ask where the shuttle drops off.

Priceline is your absolute best option. I paid $12 a day for a midsize last time I rented down there. Got Alamo, who I don't particularly love, though. Worth it in my opinion.

Keep in mind that the money you spend renting a car will help you save money in other areas. You can go to the grocery store, or different restaurants that will be cheaper than eating at Disney all week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter