Need Your Character Breakfast Expertise, please.

Nissi

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. Although we have been to WDW, we have never done a character breakfast. Now that DS is 4, I thought it might be time. Can you tell me all of the character breakfast options? As in, the location, the name of the restaurant and any details about each one? Thank you much.:lovestruc

Hi,
We went in Nov. '09 and did 1900 Park Fare at the GF. It featured Alice, the Mad Hatter (he was fantastic), Mary Poppins, Tigger and someone else whom I've forgotten, may have been Pooh. I highly recommend this meal.

We also did the Poly's Ohana for breakfast and didn't enjoy it at all. The food was the worst, of all the breakfasts we ate and the service was terrible. The waitress was a combo of "out of it" + rude + nervous. I did like Lilo though, she's a cutey.

Try the Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom. It has Tigger, Pooh and piglet. The food is really good as well. If you can try and get an 8:00 ressie that way you can see the park empty and still be done in time for rope drop.

We've done Chef Mickey at CT and Lilo and Stich at POLY. Both were great, food was good. I prefer POLY myself, but chef Mickey would be great for a 4yr old..Enjoy Cheers

My DS is 4 also! I would recommend:
Tusker House at AK with Mickey and friends...wasn't too crowded and it was great service...
Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort is awesome!
Playhouse Disney Characters at HS...fun and interactive!
Crystal Palace at MK...Pooh characters...fun and nice!!!!

These are all great breakfasts...all of the character meals have been great with our experience! Hope that helps!

My boys are now 8 and 6, but they still love O'Hanas. It is our favorite breakfast. we have gone numerous times the past 4 years. The charcter interaction is great, they have a little parade for the characters and the kids. The food is great and they view of MK is beautiful.

Crystal Palace and Hollywood and Vine are good too. This past trip we did the one in AK at Tusker House for the first time and enjoyed that one as well.

Two of my family's most pleasant character breakfasts were at Cape May Cafe and Akerhaus.

Cape May Cafe is over at the Y&B resort and serves a "help yourself" style buffet and is much quieter than 1900 Park Fare and Crystal Palace ... I'm not putting either of them down I'm just saying that I feel the noise level is notably lower at Cape May than the other two. Characters are Donald, Goofy, & Minnie ... at least when my family went in April.

Akerhaus ... hope I'm spelling that correctly ... is in EPCOT in the Norway pavilion. This is a Princess breakfast with Snow White, Ariel, Aurora, Ariel, Cinderella, and Belle. The food here is all you can eat and your server will bring you out a large platter of food and when you need more ... more will be brought! :goodvibes One ... kind of nice thing is that included in the price of your meal is a photo. Selected members of your family or your entire family will get a picture with the entrance Princess. The entrance Princess is one of the listed characters that remains stationary in the place specifically for this photo.

The reason I said that the photo was "kind of" nice was because it is nice that the photo is free but if you had done this breakfast for a few years in a row you will see that they raised the price of the meal in order to give you that "free" picture.

Anyway ... either are VERY nice and I believe well worth the money ... what is nice is that they both seem to be less noisy and congested when compared to a Crystal Palace or Park Fare.

Hope this helps ... if you need more help or advice PLEASE do NOT hesitate to ask!!!

Take Care and Be Safe!!!

Frank
Disney DieHard

We LOVE Crystal Palace! Great location w/view of castle, great brft - made to order omelettes and Mickey pancakes (w/ c.c. if you like) are the best part. Great character interaction(bounce w/Tigger!). Get the early reserv. as PP mentioned to experience Main St. empty and get great pics. We also liked Tusker House and CRT.

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

I think it will totally depend on which characters your children like.

Magic Kingdom:
*Crystal Palace--Pooh characters. We've eaten here and thought the food was good. Character interaction was fairly good, and you can get in before the park opens. Buffet style

*Cinderella's Royal Table--princesses, more expensive because you are eating in the castle. Also comes with a photo package. Have eaten lunch here and really enjoyed the atmosphere. Character interaction was okay. Brought to your table.

Epcot:
*Akershus--princesses. Also comes with a photo package. Ate here last year and it was pretty good. There's a small buffet of fruit, rolls, etc. and then the hot food is brought to your table. Can get in before park opens.

DHS:
*Hollywood and Vine--characters (I think) are Little Einsteins, Jo Jo, etc. Have not eaten here.

Animal Kingdom:
*Donald's Safari Breakfast--have not eaten here

Resorts:
Polynesian:
*Ohana--Stitch, Pluto, etc. Have not eaten here. I think this is served at your table.

Grand Floridian:
*1900 Park Fair--Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Tigger, Pooh. Ate here last year and LOVED it! The character interaction was fantastic. All characters came around several times. The food was very good as well.

I very well may have missed some...it's past my bed time and I can't get off the DIS!

We have two boys and have tried most of the character meals. We enjoyed Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace in MK and Donald's Safari breakfast at Tusker House the most.

I really enjoy a first thing in the morning reservation so we can have a nice big breakfast and be fine for the day until we graze later in the day then sit down for dinner.

We really enjoyed the Cape May Breakfast at the Beach Club Resort near Epcot. It had, at the time we went Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald all wearing cute beach wear. We had an 8:05 a.m. and were the first in so the buffet was fresh and warm and delicious. It wasn't terribly crowded or loud and we were able to enjoy our breakfast and then take the short walk to the International Gateway (the back entrance) of Epcot.

We also loved 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. It was our last morning breakfast and the buffet was yummy and had so many options. We really enjoyed the Mad Hatter. Even my teenaged kids were laughing hard.

This time we are planning to do an early breakfast at Crystal Palace with Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger. We'd had lunch there before and always enjoyed it (vegetables in the MK! Yay!) so this time we're planning on breakfast before the park opens.

We're also planning to do Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House early. We did it years ago when it was elsewhere (Pizzafari?? Can't recall) but I've heard such great things about it that we're giving it a try.

And of course there is the grande dame of them all. Cindarella's Royal Table. I see it as a "do it once and there's no need to do it twice" experience. It's pricey and pretty and difficult to get but it is a once upon a dream type of thing and if princesses and wishes are your thing it fits the bill.

Have a wonderful time!!!

They are all great!

Our daughter's favorite was her visit to the castle and Cinderella's Table.

Our son's favorite was his 12th birthday breakfast at Chef Mickey's. They gave him SO much attention!

My wife's favorite was our very first... breakfast at O'Hana's. The parade with Mickey, Goofy, and Chip & Dale was priceless (this was before Lilo and Stitch).

But my favorite was the Princess breakfast at Akershus at Epcot's Norway Pavilion. Best food and best character interaction.

Do you have to stay at the Grand Floridian in order to reserve Breakfast there?? sorry.. Im new to all this breakfast reservation stuff..haha..

Do you have to stay at the Grand Floridian in order to reserve Breakfast there?? sorry.. Im new to all this breakfast reservation stuff..haha..

No, not at all. For our visits to O'Hana (Polynesian) and Chef Mickey's (Contemporary), we did not stay at those resorts.

If you are just looking for a character breakfast we have done: Akerhouse (twice), CRT (once), Crystal Palace (twice), and 1900 Park Fair (once). I really enjoyed them all.

Akerhouse: The have a cold buffet and then the rest of breakfast is served family style. I love their potato casserole (yummm)! But I find the character interaction here a bit rushed. I do like that it is only 1 TS credit on the dining plan and you get to see 5 princesses here. We went last December and saw Belle, Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, and Ariel. Here is also get a picture included in the price of your meal.

1900 Park Faire: This is a buffett at the GFR. The food was good, they had beautiful heavenly strawberries that my children ate their weight in. We saw Alice, The Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Pooh, and Tigger. My biggest drawback was the travel time to and from the resort, but we would do it again. My family loves these characters.

We went to CRT for breakfast once, but it was way back on our honeymoon, so I don't think my review would be very good now. It is family style and these days hosts the princesses. We had dinner here in December and really enjoyed it.

Try the Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom. It has Tigger, Pooh and piglet. The food is really good as well. If you can try and get an 8:00 ressie that way you can see the park empty and still be done in time for rope drop.

But my favorite is Crystal Palace!! You get to see Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet, and Tigger. The character interaction here for us has always been fantastic. The food is great! I love the build your own omelet station. But my absolute favorite favorite thing is securing a before park opening ADR time and getting to see and take pictures of my family on Main Street and in front of the castle with no one else around!! Truly magical.

Good luck! There are lots of choices out there. I know these places also have some AK (Donald's Breakfast), DHS (Playhouse Disney Breakfast), Polynesian (Lilo and Stitch), Cape May. I am sure I am missing a few.

Best Character Breakfasts (IMHO):

MK - Crystal Palace, features pooh, tigger, eeyore and piglet. food is great, character interaction is wonderful, and if you get an ADR before the park opens, you can get an unobstructed picture of the castle!
AK - Tusker House, features Mickey, Goofy, Donald & Daisy in safari clothes. food is wonderful, wasn't too crowded, and the characters were great. DD loved it, and so did we :)
Poly - Ohana, features Mickey, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch. food is very good-restaurant is very noisy, but it has a great atmosphere. loved the maraca parade around the restaurant, and the character interaction is very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter