Need your BEST cookie recipes!! Help!!

rascalmom

<font color=purple>Business trips should include a
I need some really great cookie recipes....not your run of the mill Toll House cookies. I need some recipes where people will say "you actually made these??? OMG good!!"

I have special friend in town who I haven't seen in a while; we're going to gathering for a get-together party for them on Sunday afternoon & I promised to bring deserts. Usually not a problem, I'm a mean cake baker.....then the hostess asked for cookies.

Not my specialty - but I want to make some that are sure to impress. The good friend is an exceptional cook - and I love her & miss her dearly. Yes, I am loving with food. :lmao:

So please - hit me with your very BEST scratch recipes!! :goodvibes

The Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe. It's a pain in the patootie, but well worth it.

Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe

2 cups butter (don't substitute)
4 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
2 cups sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal**
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla

** Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add Hershey Bar. Add chocolate chips and nuts as desired (see variations)

Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.

Variations:
Triple chocolate chip cookies: 1 bag semi-sweet, 1 bag white chocolate chips (the milk chocolate's in the dough).

Divided: Divide the dough in half. To one, add 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, chopped, and a bag of white chocolate chips. To the other, add a bag of semi-sweet chips and 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans

For Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, I was on a 10-year search for my husband's "perfect" recipe, and finally found it on Allrecipes. I add lots of raisins and pecans. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/excell...ick Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe Search Results

Snickerdoodles are an old-fashioned treat as well (again, I use butter): http://allrecipes.com/recipe/snicke...earch&event10=1&e7=/my/recipebox/default.aspx

For these, I also don't substitute for the butter.

Turtle Thumbprints from Landolakes

Cookie
2/3 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 egg yolks1
teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Filling
20 caramels, unwrapped
2 tablespoons whipping cream
48 pecan halvesDrizzle
1 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening

Directions Combine butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat until well mixed. Cover; refrigerate until firm (at least 1 hour).

Heat oven to 375°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb. (Edges may crack slightly.) Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely. Store cookies in a container with a tight-fitting lid for 2 to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.

On serving day, combine caramels and whipping cream in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving 1 minute or until melted; stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture into center of each cookie. Top with pecan half.

Place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving 30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set (about 2 hours).

Recipe Tips
To store drizzled cookies, place in container with tight-fitting lid. Store at room temperature for 1 to 2 days or freeze for up to 2 months.

Place cookies on a cooling rack over a piece of waxed paper to catch any extra chocolate drizzle.

If caramel filling gets too thick, reheat in microwave for 10 to 15 seconds until it becomes spoonable again.

I have made these many times & they are a fovorite of many!

Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe

2 cups butter (don't substitute)
4 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
2 cups sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal**
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla

** Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add Hershey Bar. Add chocolate chips and nuts as desired (see variations)

Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.

I was going to post these, but instead I will just just this one a big thumbs up. :thumbsup2

Caramel apple oatmeal cookies or strawberry shortcake cookies are my "go-to" cookie when venturing away from chocolate chip.

Preheat Oven to 350 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup grated apple (peel apple first) approximately 2 medium apples (A granny smith or similar is best)
1/2 tsp. Apple flavoring
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
3 1/2 cups Old-Fashioned Oatmeal

In the KitchenAid, using the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars together completely. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well. Add the grated apple, flavoring and Vanilla extract and mix well.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix to combine. Stir in the oatmeal.

Take a 1/4 cup scoop or cookie baller thingy and place on a cookie sheet (the dough, not the scoop), press them down slightly and cook for 12 minutes or until golden.

Let them cool completely on a rack and when they're all cool, drizzle with caramel. (I make my own but you can buy it, much simpler- unless you want the recipe)

These are great - please keep them coming!!

Thanks everyone!!!:goodvibes

Here's the strawberry shortcake recipe. Sometimes I add a bit of cheesecake as well.

Preheat Oven to 375, line cookie sheets with parchment paper

12 ounces strawberries, hulled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (2 cups)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
3 ounces (6 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
2/3 cup heavy cream
Sanding sugar, for sprinkling

Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons sugar. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 7 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter, or rub in with your fingers, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream until dough starts to come together, then stir in strawberry mixture.

Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop dough onto cookie sheet, spacing evenly apart. Sprinkle with sanding sugar, and bake until golden brown, 24 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool. Cookies are best served immediately, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 day.

Lucious Lemon Squares

1 cup Flour
1 stick Butter
1/4 cup Confectioners Sugar

2 Eggs
3/4 cup Sugar
3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
2 tablespoons Flour
1/2 teaspoon double-acting Baking Powder
additional Confectioners Sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blend 1 cup flour, butter, and 1/4 cup confectioners sugar until the mixture resembles cornmeal. Pat the mixture into an 8" square baking pan.Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until the mixture is pale golden.
In another bowl, beat eggs until light and lemon colored. Beat in sugar and lemon juice. Continue beating 8 additional minutes. Sift in 2 tablespoons flour and the baking powder. Stir until well combined. Pour lemon mixture over baked layer. Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until golden. Sift additional confectioner's sugar over top of dessert. Let cool. Cut into squares.

Another crowd pleaser!

psammie - I'd love your caramel recipe. Thanks!

I love these. They are delicate and pretty

Raspberry and Almond Shortbread Thumbprints

Rated:
Submitted By: Dee
Photo By: mcl2008
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 18 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Servings: 36
"Shortbread thumbprint cookie filled with raspberry jam, and drizzled with glaze."
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam

1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
3/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon milk
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until smooth. Mix in 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Mix in flour until dough comes together. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Make a small hole in the center of each ball, using your thumb and finger, and fill the hole with preserves.
3. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Let cool 1 minute on the cookie sheet.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the confectioners' sugar, 3/4 teaspoon almond extract, and milk until smooth. Drizzle lightly over warm cookies.

These are low fat & very different:

Strawberry Angel Cookies (makes 3 doz)

16 oz box of Pillsbury Angel Food Cake Mix

3/4 cup Smuckers Strawberry Sugar-Free or low-sugar Preserves

3 T mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 325 degrees. Coat baking sheet with PAM.

Beat together cake mix and preserves (do not add water) at low speed 1 minute or until evenly moistened. Continue to beat for an additional minute. Stir in choc.chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.

Bake 10-12- minutes or until tops are just slightly browned. Cool one minute on baking sheet. Place on rack to cool completely. Cookies will be soft and chewey.

This thread is definitely a keeper - I will print these all out & try them.

I think for tomorrow's party I will do the Neiman Marcus cookies and the lemon bars......something a little different for everyone.

Thanks!

This thread is definitely a keeper - I will print these all out & try them.

I think for tomorrow's party I will do the Neiman Marcus cookies and the lemon bars......something a little different for everyone.

Thanks!

For the Neiman Marcus, take out before they look completely done -- they stay chewier that way. Good luck!

i make a LOT of cookies. These three are always in high demand

Coconut Macaroon
macaroon.jpg

10 egg whites
3 3/4 c sugar
1 t salt
5 t vanilla
1 1/4 c flour
2 14oz bags sweetened coconut
1 1/2 c ground almonds
melted chocolate (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix egg whites, sugar, salt and vanilla. Add flour and blend well. Fold in coconut and almonds. Drop by spoonful onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
Makes 6 dozen cookies that freeze well

Georgia Peaches N Cream Cookies
peaches.jpg

cookie:
4 eggs
1 c sugar
1 c vegetable oil
3 t baking powder
4 c flour

Beat eggs well. Add other ingredients. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Roll into small balls. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Bottoms of cookies should be no more than slightly brown. Let cool. Scoop out underside of cookie ( I use a strawberry huller) Fill depressions of two cookies with icing (I use a sandwich bag with one corner snipped off) and press together. Dip top of cookie in colored water and then into sugar. Add leaf - you can make a leaf with icing or buy plastic leaves at a cake decorating store.

icing:
1/2 c Crisco
1 lb powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
5 T water
1/4 c butter

Cream together until smooth.

colored water:
1 c water
6 drops red food coloring
12 drops yellow food coloring

Makes 3 dozen cookies that freeze well

Peanut Butter Sandwich Cremes
peanutbuttercremes.jpg

1 1/2 c flour
3/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/2 c butter
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1 c sugar
1 egg
Combine first 3 ingredients and set aside. Beat butter, peanut butter, sugar and egg until smooth. Beat in flour mixture. Roll dough into small balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool

3/4 c peanut butter
1/4 c powdered sugar
In bowl, mix peanut butter and powdered sugar. Spread onto flat side of 1/2 of the cookies and top with remaining cookies.

1 c chocolate chips
4 t oil
In small bowl, microwave chips and oil for 1 minutes or more if needed (only in 15 second intervals) Stir until completely melted. Dip 1/2 of cookie into chocolate ... or drizzle entire cookie with chocolate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter