Need yellow paint suggestions for kitchen.

maslex

DIS Veteran
Just got done de-wallpapering the living room and painted it a nice light gray. Now onto the kitchen/hallway. The hallway runs off of the kitchen and shares the same wall so I've always had it painted the same color. At first, I was going to go with a similar gray color for the kitchen but after thinking about it, I didn't want everything looking like we lived in a prison. LOL Right now, we have wood wainscoting on the bottom half of the walls and the top half is painted like an olive green. Green's gotta go.

I only have 1 window in my kitchen and I really need to brighten it up. So I was thinking a nice yellow. Not a bright sunny yellow, not a french's mustard yellow, not too too light either, not a primitive mustard yellow (I'm just getting out of the country primitive stage, now onto another look) I know, I'm a pain.

Any suggestions?

Our dining room is a butter yellow color that I love. It was a Benjamin Moore paint. Let me see if I can find the exact color.

Hawthorne yellow. It is paler than it appears online. I didn't want a canary or school bus yellow nor. Very pale one either. This fit the in between bill. I tried 10 colors before I decided on that one! Lol

Can't figure out how to edit my post on the ipad...lol. Here's more. These are a few years old and during construction when we replaced all appliances, ripped out a wall, floors not done et c here but it shows the paint in various light. I had a hard time finding a good color but really like this one. It's not too yellow, not too bright etc. it's very soft if that makes sense.

Oohhhh, thanks. I love that color on your kitchen walls. That might just be the one I pick. :hyper:

your countertop color and cabinet color all play a role in choosing your tone for the walls. What looks great in someone else's house doesn't necessarily transfer over....Floors play a big role too. Yellow is one of the toughest colors to work with and make sure the room opposite the kitchen or connecting to the kitchen flows as well. What is in that room will reflect off the yellow you choose as well. IDEALLY you ought to be able to take anything out of any room on your first floor and it will go anywhere else on that first floor.

Take a look at a Benjamin Moore colour called Sombrero. It is the colour of raw straw, looks different in different lights. It goes very well with grey.

My office was painted gold when I inherited it, and it was hideous! I didn't realize just how ugly it was until it was painted gray a couple of weeks ago. I'm not a fan of yellow, but I like the one in the photos in the PP.

Does your grey have have a yellow or warm undertone or a blue? The blue undertone will go better with a yellow, think opposite of the color wheel. If it is yellow, the undertone of the grey will make the gray look dirty next to the yellow wall. Establish your base of the grey, then make your next color choice.

Yellows can be difficult. Definitely paint samples before committing to the color.

You might look at some creams, since the yellow chips can be over-powering. You might find the light yellow you're looking for in them. Something like Sherwin Williams Downy or Antique White (a french vanilla). Also Creamy and, for more yellow, Jersey Cream.
Benjamin Moore Philadelphia Cream is very popular and Windham Cream is a definite yellow and sooooo yummy.

The flooring, furnishings, light, and direction will play a large roll.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter