need water shoes in waterparks?

5xdisneyfans

Mouseketeer
I heard the ground in the waterpark are tough on your feet and you should wear water shoes. Is this true? When we go only BB will be open. Can you wear crocs instead on everything? We all have crocs. Don't really want to buy water shoes for all of us if we don't need to. Never been to the waterparks before.

We didn't wear shoes and we were all fine. I didn't see many people wearing shoes, come to think of it. I wouldn't think crocs would be comfortable In the water, on the slides etc.

I have never worn water shoes at any of the water parks and my feet were fine. However, after reading an article of some of the nasty things that can be found in the water at some water parks, I might choose to do so in the future.

You're not allowed to wear crocs on the slides. You have to take them off and hold them, but that's not always possible if you have to hold on to a tube.

I think crocs may fall off too easily. And as Princess Jes points out, you do have to remove shoes on some of the slides.

Although a lot of people did not have shoes, I personally did wear water shoes and I felt much more comfortable. Perhaps I have sensitive feet, but some surfaces (walking paths) can be rough. I found the temperate of the surfaces to be as much of an issue, your feet almost feel like they are burning (depends of course on the time of year. Plus I'm Canadian, so not used to really hot temperatures like you get in Florida:blush:)

I brought water shoes for everyone and I was the only one who wore them. At our local NC park the ground gets crazy hot, so a lot of people wear those super cheap flip flops between slides and take them off at the bottom of the stairs and get them once they come down, so that would be an option if you're worried

We wear flip flops to the water parks at home and leave them at the entrance to the ride and them put them on after however there are many rides at Disney where that is not possible based on the location of exits.

We never have had a problem with the walkways hurting or burning our feet. Burning was never a problem due to feet being wet from water rides. Most of the walkways in the circle of ride pathways are shaded or wet. Going to the gift store without shoes is not recommended because the pathway is in direct sun.

One problem I had was the bathrooms. Going in the restrooms without shoes is just not an option so I had to walk back to chairs get the flip flops and back again to leave them. If you are drinking lots of water, it gets annoying.

I wore water shoes. Only had to take them off for the body slides (hold them to your chest while sliding). Left them on for all tube, mat, and raft rides.

Ok. Thanks. I will see if my kids want them. I may get myself a pair. On the FB page somebody said their feet were very sore from walking around it. I also live in Canada and can only get water shoes now cheap. Will need to buy them now and save them.

Ok. Thanks. I will see if my kids want them. I may get myself a pair. On the FB page somebody said their feet were very sore from walking around it. I also live in Canada and can only get water shoes now cheap. Will need to buy them now and save them.
Could you buy them online from target or Walmart (sorry, I'm australian so don't know the cheap shops over there) and have them delivered to your disney resort just before your arrival?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter