Need unique but not weird baby boy names.

Connor
Brody
Braydon
Chase

We have 2 boys and they have 2 of these names, but these were all in the running and neith boy (9 or 2) have met another boy with his name~

When I was pregnant with my son, I bought the biggest baby name book I could find and read every page. Online is hard, because you have to pretty much already know what you're looking for to find it.

We named our son Gideon, which was unpopular enough for my taste, but normal enough for my husband's. I have met other Gideons, but they're few and far between.
We've pretty much decided that our next son will be named Silas for similar reasons.
The rest of my boy list goes all over the place:
Ezekiel, Elijah, Graham, Ephraim, Isaac, Arathorn (DH vetoed that one immediately) Montgomery, Dean, Milo, Finnegan, Viggo, Lucas, Simon, Sevilen

didn't read the whole thread. my grandson was ALMOST Landon.. but he wasn't, he was Mason... I like landon better

Our daughter who is 1 is named Hadley, and her soon to be brother born any day now is going to be named Harrison. We will call him Harris or Harry for short.

We tend to use names that were surnames. Hadley was not even on our register as Hemmingways wife's name until someone pointed it out to me. My grandfather knew Hemmingway, so now it has a signifigant meaning in our family I guess. LOL

Actually, you won't find too many boys with traditional biblical names.

My oldest is James. There has only been 1 other James in school this entire time. My son uses "James" and the other boy goes by Jim.

My youngest is named Adam and I don't really run into too many Adams either.

Every boy is named Aiden, Cayden, Hayden, etc...

:)

I have 5 nephews...Wayne, Simon, Andrew ( common name), Samuel, and Baker. My girls all have names that I've not heard before. I love different and unique!

Our daughter who is 1 is named Hadley, and her soon to be brother born any day now is going to be named Harrison. We will call him Harris or Harry for short.

We tend to use names that were surnames. Hadley was not even on our register as Hemmingways wife's name until someone pointed it out to me. My grandfather knew Hemmingway, so now it has a signifigant meaning in our family I guess. LOL

My 4 month old would have been Hadley if he was a girl! Love that name! We also like the surname thing!

There is actually a website (google it) that you can see the popularity of names by region. There are tons of Chase, Bryce, Landon, Aiden, Jackson, Jaxon, Noah, Evan, etc in our area, but they might not be as popular elsewhere.

Surprised neither of my boy's names are here. My DS6 name is Brady Kennedy. Brady is common, but we really don't hear it that much at all (except for the two trips we took to Disney during New England Spring Break week :)). There are TONS and TONS of Braydens and Brodie's though in our area. The baby's name is much more uncommon, but again not weird. It is Jacoby Jackson. We call him JJ.

I like the name Brannon - similar to my name. I also like Cullen which was mentioned previosly. I like Adam, Harrison and Brayden too.

Well I'll add my unusual ones. My brothers name is Develin, have never heard of another one with that spelling. I also like Keenan. My mother liked unusual names, my sisiters is unusual as well, I've never come across it either.

DS (6) is Tristan Allen
DS (18mnths) Tydus Zane or Ty
We have chosen to go with T names. Our next will be Trinity if a girl, or Toren/Torin if a boy.

Well I'll add my unusual ones. My brothers name is Develin, have never heard of another one with that spelling. I also like Keenan. My mother liked unusual names, my sisiters is unusual as well, I've never come across it either.

Develin....that name makes me think of the movie "just go with it" lol

Declan, Sean, Scott (these are some you don't hear as much nowadays), Graham, Finnegan, Niko, Ladik, Ryland (actually an old family name for us but DH didn't like it)

It's funny, names can be so regional. I have a Sean and there are two other Seans on our street.

Actually, you won't find too many boys with traditional biblical names.

My oldest is James. There has only been 1 other James in school this entire time. My son uses "James" and the other boy goes by Jim.

My youngest is named Adam and I don't really run into too many Adams either.

Every boy is named Aiden, Cayden, Hayden, etc...

:)

Yes, I would not use any version of a name ending in the "ayden" sound if you're looking for unique. Insanely popular, and a bit too much cleverness with the spelling in a way that's going to be a pain for life, IMO. My DH has enough trouble with people spelling Shawn instead of Sean, the 13 different ways to spell Aidan are going to be a PITA.

DS is named Declan. It actually seems to be becoming more trendy, but it's a "real" name - historic, no creative spelling. Different, maybe not 100% unique, but also relatively fuss-free.

I also strongly considered Dashiell (Dash), Bennett (Ben), and Beckett (Beck). Still really like Dashiell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter