Need to vent about YC

mickeylovers

Earning My Ears
We just returned today after a one week stay.

1. Renovation noise. We could never tell exactly where they are remodeling, sometimes sounded next to us (fourth floor), sometimes sounded like 5th floor. Once I was in the shower and I swear they sounded like they were going to come crashing down on me. One thing that ticked me off about construction is the only way I even knew it was going on was thru these boards. We were never told of any renovations when we made our reservations or checked in or anything. We chose to keep our reservations, believing that such a high class resort would know how to renovate without bothering the guests. As I said in another post, the hammering woke us up the morning we were trying to sleep in after an enight.

2. Character caravans. On our day of check-in (Saturday August 3), we were given a schedule for the Character Caravan of Monday, Wed, Friday. So we take 3 very excited kids to the lobby on Monday morning only to be told it has been changed to Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Didn't they know this 2 days earlier when we checked in????? I know this sounds trivial but at the time me and kids were upset. I don't know if there was one on Sunday August 4 that we missed...... But at least we got to go to other two caravans on Tue and Thurs.

3. Bell Services. They made such a big deal that we had a lot of bags (18). So what???? This was an 11 day vacation for us and we had already been to Cocoa Beach and Kennedy Space Center and I didn't want to do laundry on vacation so there were a lot of clothes and a lot of souvenirs there. Maybe they were just trying to get a bigger tip.........

All in all, we loved our vacation, got what we requested ( just happened to be the same exact room we had last year). I don't think we'll be going back to Disney next year, too much has changed, enights, early entry, etc. Okay, I feel better now, thanks for listening!!!!

So guests should limit the number of their bags to make them happy? :rolleyes:
Now what would be the odds of getting the same room? :eek: :)
Glad it sounded like you had a good vacation overall. :)

My family did a 12-day trip last summer and we had 8 pieces of luggage + a car seat + stroller, for 4 people! I considered it job security for the bell staff + I tipped $5 for every baggage move.

:bounce:

Sorry to hear that the renovation noise bothered you. We stayed at the YC the first week of July on the 3rd floor, and didn't hear any noise at all. (I do think they were working on the 5th floor then though.) :):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Our 18 bags weren't all suitcases, some were just the kids' backpacks and little things like that.

Back to the laundry.....................

mickeylovers,
What time did the hammering begin, if you don't mind me asking? We will be staying there the end of August and I'm worried. What floor were you on, the third or fourth? I requested the non-smoking floor which is the 3rd floor. But this doesn't sound good if we can't sleep in at least one day without construction noise.:(
Also, did you have any problems with the A/C? Was it "motion sensor activated"? Did the room stay cool all night? Thanks Again!

RobinLyn:D

On Wednesday we heard the hammering start about 8:45 a.m. Not sure what you mean about the A/C. We set the controls. It's always so cold there so sometimes I even turned it off before we left especially if we were going swimming. We were on the fourth floor, room 4152.

They must still be working on either the Concierge or 4th floors, yet it is surprising to me that the construction noise was bad enough that you didn't request to be moved to either the 2nd or 3rd floor. Personally, I don't like noise to disturb my vacation, & because it is the summer months, I'm sure that the Front Desk would have the space to oblige you.

As for the A/C, they have the ceiling fans and temperature controls, but not motion sensors like the GF has. Thank goodness! In Florida, we need the A/C 24/7! ;)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YC RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just returned yesterday, we were on 3rd floor , they said
they were finished with rehab on that floor except for carpet near elevators. We didn't hear any noise. We did smell paint in hallway and in rooms. We received a call letting us know that they would be redoing carpet near main elevator the next day, but we were still able to use elevator. We had no problems.

I can understand why you had 18 bags, especially since you don't mean 18 luggage pieces. Maybe you might want to try another Disney deluxe next time. Sorry about the laundry, I know exactly what you mean!

Carolyn

I hope your trip was overall good - despite the renovations. We will be at YC in early October - I am hoping they will be done by then. We actually cancelled the Swan partly because we found out (like you - online, not from the hotel, but I then confirmed it with them) that they would be renovating while we were there. I learned when I first started booking business meetings at hotels to ask if there would be renovations during that time - hotels will rarely if ever volunteer this information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter