• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Need to switch resort due to pop warner please help

psycgirl

Earning My Ears
I just discovered that our stay is going to overlap with the Pop Warner Competition and I've heard other people sharing their negative experiences such as crowding at the resort, noise, cheering at 6am, loud noise all night. My husband and I always stay at the All Star Music because they have the family suite which allows me to sleep in the bedroom and he can sleep in the den area since she snores. We just can't stay in the same room and both get sleep but now that I'm hearing all these horror stories I'm really worried that we won't get sleep at all due to the noise. I'm not sure what to do because if we switch resorts then we have to spend money on two seperate rooms which increases our bill significantly. It looks like the website is telling us that Pop Century is full. I'm really stressed out about this now and it actually makes me dread the trip now. I am an extremely light sleeper so the littlest noise will make me wake up even with ear plugs and noise machines that I travel with. We are going Dec. 1-7th so we will overlap Dec. 4-7.

I need advice on what to do.

When I stayed at Music, back in '03, it was during PW time. I had no idea about it at the time though. I did notice a lot of teens and tweens about and finally found out the reason. BUT...I have to say that other than the food court being obscenly busy, and the buses a bit noisier and busier, the kids didn't impact me at all. We never had any of that over the top noise that others have reported. I truly believe the vast majority of kids there are pretty well supervised. Yes, there are those that are not and they have allowed the entire organization to be tarred with the same brush..and that's too bad.

I have to wonder if it would be a good idea to start writing down the names of the various groups that are bothersome...something where you see the teenaged girls that are there with PW being really rude and obnoxious. So, you nicely ask them where they're from..you know, just being friendly and curious. Then, you write a letter to that organization in that town when you get home....telling them of the kids nasty behaviour. Maybe then it would stop.

Hi. I think the issue with your post is that you said the "littlest noise" will make you wake up. Unfortunately, even at regular times, you are going to hear people walking in the hallway, or slamming a door, or flushing a toilet in almost every hotel but a Fort Wilderness cabin. Even there, you hear the buses, golf carts, and people walking or driving by.

I don't know if there would truly be a solution for you, other than more white noise machines, or heavy duty earplugs, or sleeping with an iPod and ear buds to truly drown out everything. Switching resorts might be a little better, but nothing is truly "quiet".

Some folks have said that Pop Warner didn't create a noise problem, more of an "arrogance" problem around the resort.

Have you considered renting a home offsite? A detached building might be the best choice for you if you are that light of a sleeper.

We just moved to the All Star Music Suites - needed to save a little money - since I just was told my job is going to be offshored. So, check on the 1 bedroom villas - Kadini Villages was where we were booked, so unless someone swallowed it up...I think our time ... same as yours is now available. Good luck-

After being upset all day, my husband and I sat down to discuss our options and he wants to try to stay at the Music resort because moving resorts will be around $2000 extra for two rooms at a more expensive resort. He is going to help me bring computer speakers and hook my ipod to that to play white noise like I do at home plus i already have 2 other white noise machines so I'm hoping that will help with the noise factor. In the past the music resort was pretty quiet for us after 10pm. I remember it being surprisingly quiet on our last trip in Sept. 2007. I always ask them to put us in the quietest room away from the pools and in the back. I'm going to pray that it isn't as bad as other posters have described. My main worry is noise after 10 or11 and in the mornings before 8-9. Otherwise we are out of the room the entire day. Sleep is just really important especially with how long the days are at disney for 7 full days. It took me by surprise because everyone always talks about how the parks are not crowded and that this is the best time to go to Disney and then I find out today that there are so many people who had these negative experiences with this particular time in December with this specific event. I wish the resorts would have told us about it when we scheduled in May so I could have planned accordingly and avoided any problems. I probably would have scheduled to go a few days earlier so that we would be finishing as this group was coming in.

I'm disappointed to hear from other posters that disney did not help to reduce these disruptions during their trips. You would think that Disney would do everything in their power to not upset their guests considering the amount of money that these vacations cost. We saved for years for this trip and it is upsetting to think about it being unenjoyable. It seems to me that the best arrangement would be to devote a full resort to the Pop Warner contestants so that other guests are not inconvenienced. I don't see why they would spread them out over 4 or so resorts with other guests.

I don't have a problem with them being there as long as they honor the quiet hours and don't cause disruptions between 10pm-8am. That seems reasonable and doable if Disney would just specify that with the organization as a courtesy to their other guests upfront.

What price did you get the Music family suite for when you booked today. We booked in May and I know they have recently discounted the rooms and I want to ask for the most up to date discount

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter