Need to store extra luggage while on our cruise

Vista20

Earning My Ears
ok, need to know where we can store 4 bags while on our cruise. The hotel does not have room and we have a very small cabin so would like to store the bags and collect on our return before heading to the airport. Is there a luggage storage place in Orlando where we could drop the bags and collect on our return?

Im not 100% sure about this, but maybe you can organise something with DCL? They can sometimes over to store extra luggage else where on the boat during the sail if you don't ant to store it in your room.

Im sure someone else but have more experience with the matter though

Shannon

Not sure about an outside place to store luggage, but on the Magic/Dream/Fantasy it is very easy to store luggage under the bed. The beds are higher and even our largest bag will slide right under.

Under the bed? The beds can take 4 large suitcases under it so maybe it's ok to take them?

I've never heard of DCL storing peoples excess luggage and I'd be really surprised if they did as the storage areas are tight already with their own stuff!

Are you driving down and parking your car? You could always leave excess luggage locked away, we've done that before.

I have stored / left dirty laundry suitcase and gifts we purchased in Florida in my rental car at the port keep out of the dun though the lots better in the garage

ship the extras home

UPS

ask a neighbor to grab 'em, or ship directly to . . .

There are companies that will store your luggage. I have seen the ads. Google it.

We were able to store 3 large suitcases a garment bag, 2 carry on bags and ours boys' small suitcases under the bed. We were able to put the smaller bags in the larger ones but there was plenty of room under the bed and room in our closest for one bag as well.

I did a Google search and found Orlando Baggage Storage and it is only two miles from our hotel so we are all set!

We are in a similar situation and this sounds like a great idea! Anyone happen to use Orlando Baggage Storage in the past? Thanks.

I investigated this recently as we are coming to the cruise straight after a softball tournament and softball equipment is on the banned list. We are from Australia so can't easily just ship it home!

I was told emphatically by Disney, MCO and the Port authority that no storage was available on board, at Port or at MCO. I did see the adverts for commercial storage places but came up with the solution of leaving the softball bag at the hotel we will be staying at after the cruise. They are fine with that, just means we need to drive via that hotel on way to Port and we were trying to keep it a surprise from the kids :(

I investigated this recently as we are coming to the cruise straight after a softball tournament and softball equipment is on the banned list. We are from Australia so can't easily just ship it home!

I was told emphatically by Disney, MCO and the Port authority that no storage was available on board, at Port or at MCO. I did see the adverts for commercial storage places but came up with the solution of leaving the softball bag at the hotel we will be staying at after the cruise. They are fine with that, just means we need to drive via that hotel on way to Port and we were trying to keep it a surprise from the kids :(

If you have a rental car, you can always have a parent take off the night before to "run an errand" (come back with a bottle of liquor or something just for versimilitude <points for the word!!!>) and drop it off then so it will still be a surprise for the kiddos. I've found that some times my kids are completely oblivious, so it may work...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter