• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need to let off some steam!

I have a tendency to share too much but I just want people to know that they're not alone kwim.

definatily not alone, as a Soldier i get made fun of all the time for surfing the boards, or looking at old photos of the family in the park, and especially for my grumpy PJs I wear! lol but to me Disneyland is not just a family tradition or a place to have fun. but as a Combat veteran currently on his 3rd tour in Iraq Disneyland is one place that I honesstly feel relaxed and peaceful its a place were the outside world doesn't exist and the only evil you see comes from a wicked witch or evil stepmother.

BTW: all those soldiers that make fun of me for looking at the boards and planning trips and what not?.... well they are now planning trips of their own!

definatily not alone, as a Soldier i get made fun of all the time for surfing the boards, or looking at old photos of the family in the park, and especially for my grumpy PJs I wear! lol but to me Disneyland is not just a family tradition or a place to have fun. but as a Combat veteran currently on his 3rd tour in Iraq Disneyland is one place that I honesstly feel relaxed and peaceful its a place were the outside world doesn't exist and the only evil you see comes from a wicked witch or evil stepmother.

BTW: all those soldiers that make fun of me for looking at the boards and planning trips and what not?.... well they are now planning trips of their own!

SGTGoofy: Thank you for all that you are doing for us over there! :flower3: And I'm glad that you're spreading your Disney dust over there! pixiedust:

Grumpy PJ'S!!! Love it!:lmao:

Great Thread. :thumbsup2

Leesha, USS Schmidt & Mike.....I'm sorry for your loss & am glad the disboards provide come comfort (or an escape) for you.

SGT. Goofy, thank you for your service!......Grumpy PJs & all.

Thank YOU for all that you are doing for us!!! 3 tours, wow! :) You ROCK!!!!

thanks everyone I love what I do but really my heart goes out to those who have recently lost family members I fear the day I get that call about my parents or anyone else I love. In the military you expect to lose a few friends its hard but you deal with it and drive on but the death of a family member is something totally different that I am glad to say i have not yet experianced and hope that i don't have too anytime soon.

I don't get why people put us down "you are going to Disney again?" So what...They are going to a ball game again? I have relatives that go to Mexico every year..usually the same resort with the same food and entertainment. So? If they enjoy it, so what? Live is too short worry about what other people do so I pretty much don't talk to the 'others' that don't get it about it. My daughter in law had never been..we took her and my son and their kids..at the end of the trip she pulled me aside and said "Now I get it." that made the whole thing worth it to me.

Along those same lines, you there are tons and TONS of people who go skiing or snowboarding at the same resorts multiple times a year. I see no difference with DLR being the resort instead.

Along those same lines, you there are tons and TONS of people who go skiing or snowboarding at the same resorts multiple times a year. I see no difference with DLR being the resort instead.

This is very true..

SgtGoofy, thanks for what you do! Dh served during the 1st GW and we still have many friends who are AD. You're absolutely right...some of the "hardest" warriors are also the biggest Disney fans!!!!!!!!!!! I hope this is your last tour...

I love Disney DL and WDW. I would love to go every year but my DH wants to stay home next summer to get some money saved up. I know he is right but I can't seem to get past the idea of no Disney. I love going for myself but most of all the looks on my children's faces while we are there. I love looking at photos. We are going to DL June 11-15 but we are not telling our parents. Just leaving a note on the counter in case something comes up. I don't want to hear "you're going again!". It's not like they are paying for the trips! I could tell them the same thing about going camping ALL the time but if that is what they love then I hope they entire their camping! I love Disney not camping or carshows!

I'm so sorry for your loss of your father. My sister passed away about 5 years ago, and the last thing we did together as a family was go to disneyland.

I get the same, I read all the disney boards and look at all the pics everyday, sometimes getting back on this board 4 or 5 times a day, and if I see something new going on at disneyland, I go out and tell my wife and kids or my brother. Sometimes they Look at me Funny. Some Times they look at me like I'm into disney too much... But Disneyland is one of my favorite places, love everything about it. My parants used to take me and my sister every year to disneyland when I was a kid till I got to highschool, and I try to take my kids to disneyland every year too.

This year will be our first year with AP's!! So I plan to go alot this year!!!

Have Fun Everyone!

Okay, so I know it has been months since everyone posted here but... I go to Disneyland about every two months. I am so lucky my family does not give me a hard time. Other people are very unkind. It's okay though, I don't need them to get it. I sit on Main St and watch the band play and the same drivers on the fire engine and the doubledecker and I just smile:cloud9: Our daughter is 16 and we've been bringing her to Disneyland since she was 10 months old. In fact, we threw her a Disneyland themed sweet 16 party. People have told me that she is going to hate Disneyland when she is older, but I don't see it happening. Some people just don't know joy!

SGT Goofy you are our hero:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter