Need to hop for 1-day

ChadSmillie

Earning My Ears
I am going to be in Orlando with son (16) and #2 daughter (11). #1 daughter and wife will not be with us so we can't stay more than one day w/o causing major family disruptions. We would like to be able to go to more than one park (the only definite is MGM) but you can't buy a one day hopper. Any suggestions?

Sorry -- my only solution is going to cost $$$

You could buy 4-day hoppers for each of you and you'll have 3 hopper days left over for future trips (they never expire).

Yup! I'm afraid that's what I was thinking too. I've been fortunate enough to take 1 day trips and used partially used hopper passes. My first solo trip was because after a family trip, somehow we ended up with 1 day left on one of the passes and I said "Boy, I'd be happy to go back and use it up if you want!" The next year, they surprised me with it. Right now we have 3 partially used passes lying around the house. Never know when an opportunity might arise!

That was all I could come up with, but I was hoping there was an option that didn't tie up so much $$$, thanks for the help.

Your only other option is if you know a WDW CM. CM's can sign in a limited number of their friends and family throughout the year, and the tickets given those folks are one-day hoppers.

:earsboy:

Originally posted by WDSearcher
Your only other option is if you know a WDW CM. CM's can sign in a limited number of their friends and family throughout the year, and the tickets given those folks are one-day hoppers.

I don't have a WDW CM friend. I am nice, and my son and daughter are nicer! Any CM want to be my friend? I'll buy you a Mickeybar :mickeybar

:earseek:

You could book ONE NIGHT at a Disney Value Resort and purchase Ultimate Park Hoppers for your family members.

1 night/2 days (price at resort) - $137.39 Adults (10 and older); $110.76 Children (3-9)
1 night/2 days (advance purchase price) - $126.74 Adults (10 and older); $102.24 Children (3-9)

Using a discount code you can typically reserve a value resort for around $74/night...depending on the dates of your visit.

Whether that works or not would depend on how many parks they want access to.

A one-day/one-park pass is $58.31 for ages 10 and up, meaning that if they bought two passes (so they could visit two parks) it would cost them $116.62 per person. But a UPH would cost $126.74 in advance per person, plus the cost of the hotel room! Purchasing two one-day/one-park passes per person would be cheaper in that case.

However, if they want to be able to visit all four parks in one day, then your "stay one night at a Disney resort" plan would work.

not that i would buy it there, but some people do buy tickets on ebay which will only have 1, 2, or 3 days left on a hopper.

Originally posted by vavalynn2
not that i would buy it there, but some people do buy tickets on ebay which will only have 1, 2, or 3 days left on a hopper.

No way I'd take that chance.

I've bought many many things through ebay and have only bought from sellers with very good ratings. Never once have I been had.

Originally posted by BrianMonk
I've bought many many things through ebay and have only bought from sellers with very good ratings. Never once have I been had.
Have you ever bought Disney tickets?

Years ago, I stayed at a motel in Kissimmee and you could buy tickets to Disney there. I only had time for 2 days at the parks and wanted to be able to park hop. I asked at the front desk about buying tickets to Disney and they told me that I could buy them there at the motel....just be in the lobby at some specified time. They cost slightly less than a single day/single park pass and I didn't really figure out until later how this worked, but you weren't really buying them from the motel, apparently someone had their own little business (now, I'm sure it was not sanctioned by Disney) and they sold tickets (and provided free transportation to/from WDW). They worked with a lot of the small motels, because they transported you to WDW in a van and the van stopped at several motels to pick up other people. You could buy a 1 or 2 day park hopper pass....actually, these were longer duration park hoppers and you had to return them when you boarded the van to come back at night. On the last day you were going to WDW(or if you only needed a 1 day pass, you were issued a pass that only had one day left on it). They would only sell you these tickets if you were a motel guest and had a credit card number on file at the motel (so if you failed to return the pass, they could charge you for the extra days). I didn't know any better and it seemed above board when I talked to the front desk, but with returning the tickets every night, I figured out it was a little shady. Since these outfits had an ongoing relationship with several motels, I don't think I would have gotten burned with totally invalid tickets (like the ones sold at roadside stands). This was a long time ago, so I don't know if this sort of thing is still around....maybe someone out here knows.

Last October I bought three one day park hoppers off ebay. I bought one one day park hopper at a stand across from Old Town in Orlando. We didn't have any problems using the tickets. There is a thread on the dis boards about it being illegal to sell unused tickets in Florida. I did not know this at the time I bought the tickets. I do know the stand where I bought the tickets accepted American Express so it seemed legitimate to me.

Have you ever bought Disney tickets?

I've never bought Disney tickets off of ebay but to me a good seller is a good seller. If the right opportunity presented itself, I would buy Disney tickets off of ebay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter