Need to go to Fort Wilderness--best way please?

Bertie131

DIS Veteran
I need to be at FW at 9:30 in the AM for horseback riding. I am staying at Poly. Best way and idea of time please? TIA!

Just depends on the boat but I would say leave 30- 60 mins early just never have any deciated wait times

I would allow an hour, because once you get to FW, you have to get yourself to the front of FW for the horse back riding. You also are suppose to be at the horse back riding registration desk before your ride time to sign the papers.

Second option is go to Contemporary and take boat that does the Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, and Wilderness Lodge loop.

Either way you go you should allow at least an hour and possibly more. Actual total trip time to Ft Wilderness once on monorail and boat is about 25-30 minutes but you should allow at least 30 minutes for wait times, walking from monorail to boat, and going from Ft. Wilderness dock to where horsback riding is..

Have a look at a map of Fort Wilderness. The boat dock is on one end (the Settlement area) and the trail rides are at the other end (Outpost area).

The boat ride itself from MK takes 15 mins. Factor in an additional 20 mins for waiting for the boat/unloading/loading. Once you get to Fort Wilderness, you will be in the Settlement area. Follow the walkway to the depot for the internal buses (a few mins walk). There are 3 colour-coded bus routes. Good news is any of the internal buses will take you to the Outpost and, therefore, chances are good you won't wait long for a bus. Factor 15 mins to get from the Settlement to the Outpost. I would say from the Poly, minimum 60 minutes, and that would assume no waiting at any transportation segment.

When traveling from one resort area to another we find it best to allow at least an hour. If there are no lines and/or waits, you gain some bonus time and giving yourself a cushion of time is less stressful IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter