Need to force my husband to do RD!

mariepapa

Miss Piggy Diva
Okay, so we went in August and did RD every day. Got a lot done, yadda, yadda, yadda. This next trip in April my husband is INSISTING on sleeping in. I am thinking, until what? 7 am? He says 8 am or later!!!!

How do any of you rectify these types of situations? I want to be there and do everything or I am afraid I will miss something and he is "it is our vacation I am sleeping late."

Is it just the two of you? Use all the powers of persuasion at your disposal.

My husband is okay with getting up early if I promise a nap later in the day - you could try suggesting that

What about a compromise? Rope drop on a few days, sleep in on a few days? We've done this. You could plan a nice late-ish breakfast reservation for one of your sleep in days. Hit the parks later and take a laid back approach. If you do rope drop several days, you can afford to take it easier on other days because you've already seen so much.

I would say plan a few days that you don't do rope drop so he can sleep in. Or as the others have said, go with out him and meet up later.

I agree with domesticking. RD is important and all, but so is feeling refreshed after a vacation.

I agree with the idea to compromise. In fact you might want to start with a sleep in day so that he can see how much more difficult it is to see things later on. It might just change his mind!

Is it just the two of you? Use all the powers of persuasion at your disposal.

:rotfl2::lovestruc Yup do this first and if all eles fails go without him :)

We are going with a group of sleepy heads and I flat out said to them I'm leaving for rope drop thoes who want to come with me can those who want to sleep can come find me :cutie:

I would just get up and go. :goodvibes
If it is any consolation, this past Feb I went solo, and same is happening next fall. my DH will NOT go to DW again . Under no circumstances, to no avail.
I say enjoy. :goodvibes

Go early by yourself. Pick a meeting place for when Sleeping Beauty is ready to party.

That's what I would do if I didn't have kids.

Since it sounds like you are going during Spring Break, you'll get tons done without him and when he arrives with the rest of the crowds, he'll probably change his mind.

Oh and YankeeGleegirl - I keep wishing my DH doesn't want to come. I absolutely loved my solo trip and am planning on another next year!

I should have mentioned that my 10 and 9 year old daughters will be with us. One is an early worm and one is not. I like the suggestions of going ahead. I will tell him tonight. :rotfl:

I've got the whole 2 kids, one early bird, one sleep all morning issue too.

Since DH likes to sleep in too, quite often I'll take the early bird DD10 with me and leave sleeping DS14 and sleeping husband in the room.

What person in their right mind thinks a Disney vacation is for relaxing? ;)
I think of a trip to WDW like an Everest expedition. You need lots of money, huge amounts of planning, and tons of stamina. Sleep is for the weak.
BD

Our first trip as a family I insisted we do RD everyday and go to a park everyday. It's a wonder DH ever agreed to go back. DH says he doesn't like to need to take a vacation from his vacation. Now we compromise. We get there early on some days and others we start a little slower.

What about a compromise? Rope drop on a few days, sleep in on a few days? We've done this. You could plan a nice late-ish breakfast reservation for one of your sleep in days. Hit the parks later and take a laid back approach. If you do rope drop several days, you can afford to take it easier on other days because you've already seen so much.

This is what DW and I do. Usually it's the other way around though. She likes to sleep in and I'm the one eager beaver. There are days that we will sleep in and get to the parks later. If we do this, then we can usually do the parks the rest of the day without having to take a mid-day break. So we compromise on our plans for the day. We'll plan certain days for rd's, and certain days to sleep in.

Ah...well, I just had this issue in October with not just my husband but my IL's!!!!!!! :rolleyes: You can read all the sorted details in my TR, but my dh and I have talked at length about this and I'm still not sure we have come to an agreement about our next trip in September!

For now we have each of the 4 parks at RD and then the other days are "sleep in" days (which for me means 6am!) :laughing:

with the onset of EMHs we usually do one RD to MK each trip, but besides that we get very late starts....often arriving just in time to eat brunch (lunch but our first meal of the day)and stay through to EMH closing. We love that touring style based on sleeping in till 10 am!We still get everything done we want to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter