Need to drop two restuarants and would like input.

brandonbr

Fantasmical!
My parents (50's) and myself(28) and Dsis(26) are heading to WDW in just over a week (for 8 days/7 nights) on the dining deal and we've picked two TS dinners so we have to drop two TS meals. I'd be interested in what others would drop from out current reservations. I'm pretty sure nine dragons will be one of the two but the parents think Grand Cafe has the same food as the other top restaurants in the GF but I'm not sure that's true. Their pick is to drop Ohana and mine would be the Grand Cafe. What would everyone pick though, one of these or another restaurant? Any time or day change recommendations?

Arrive at WDW around 4:00pm
Sun. 9/09 8:10pm Cinderella's Table
Mon. 9/10 8:00pm Nine Dragons
Tue. 9/11 7:00pm Boma
Wed. 9/12 6:55pm Grand Cafe
Thu. 9/13 6:40pm Le Cellier
Fri. 9/14 6:30pm Ohana
Sat. 9/15 9:00pm California Grill
Sun. 9/16 10:00am Chef Mickeys
Leave WDW around 4:00pm :(

Another question is if we should show up earlier or try to reschedule california grill so we'll have a better chance of seeing the fireworks.

Of course any other recommendations in any way would be welcome! :)

Just my two cents but I would drop Nine Dragons and eat CS at the Land in Sunshine Seasons. I would also drop Grand Floridian Cafe and go to DD and eat at Wolfgang Puck Express with CS.

Have a great trip.

We also never miss Beaches and Cream - usually share food and pay OOP.:thumbsup2

I personally would place Nine Dragons on the drop list.

The Grand Cafe is a simple and distinct restaurant...think of it as the middle tier for the resort, just above the snack bar (bottom tier). The cafe serves basic sandwichs during lunch and basic entrees during dinner. The three fine dining restaurants on site would define the top tier restaurants.

I would also drop the cafe...it does serve good food, but I see other options on your list that provide unique Disney experiences.

7 nights = 7 TS credits. You have 10 TS credits planned. So if you drop 9D and GF Cafe (or 'Ohana), you will still have 8 TS credits planned, which is one more than you have, so you would still need to drop one more 1-TS meal or pick one to pay for out of pocket (CM breakfast is the cheapest and therefore the best to pay for OOP).

If your budget can stand it, you might want to pay for CRT and CM out of pocket, and you wouldn't have to drop anything. If you definitely are going to drop 9D, then just pay for CRT out of pocket and keep the rest.

Since you are 3 over I would either drop one of the 2 TS and 1 of the 1 TS. Out of the 1-TS I would consider canceling 9D, Chef Mickeys and Grand Cafe.

Good luck with whatever you decide!!!

I would drop Grand Floridian Cafe for sure, it is nothing GRAND! I think it is fine and I will be grabbing a bite there for B, but not for dinner, what about 1900 Park Fare for dinner if you want to eat at the GF? You are over on your TS credits, but we are too and we are just paying OOP for the extras. Make sure you use the DDP credits for TS dinners before you use them for TS Breakfast meals...if you are planning to pay OOP for a couple of meals! FYI

You're right, I missed that but I think we'd probably pay OOP for chef Mickey's just so we don't have to drop another restaurant if that's the cheapest.

Any thoughts on times?

I am going to Chef Mickey's @ 8:05 am...then we are hopping to a park for EMH...I think we are going to MK that day...you might want to see what parks open early the day that you are going to Chef Mickey's...also, call the 407-wdw-dine...and find out what times they have available forthe date you want.

I agree, drop the Cafe and 9D and pay oop for CM's. Do not give in to dropping Ohana!!!! I love, love, love Ohana. We do it twice a trip! But, that being said, just make sure the menus appeal to you. Show your parents the menus from allears or here on wdwinfo. Let them know that the cafe isn't anything special.

OOP for the last night of the trip, since it was the cheapest. I would not pay OOP early in the trip. My DD14 got sick in the middle of the trip and we ended up cancelling a ressie. If we had paid OOP for a meal earlier, we would have ended up throwing away 2 TS at the end of our trip. JMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter