Need to Confirm MS told me correctly...

mustinjourney

DIS Veteran
I had 46 points in 2015 DEC UY leftover in a resale contract that I just got (banked from 2014 UY)...so the wife and I decided to try out F&W this year with these "free" points.

Needless to say, practically everything is booked. I did find a stretch of days (11/5-11/9) that all had availability at least somewhere. When I started the booking process -- the 11/5 date became unavailable -- but I was able to get the other three dates (at three different resorts -- the ultimate split stay). I then waitlisted two different rooms for 11/5 in hopes they become available.

Right now, I have enough points (23) to cover the more expensive waitlist option -- but the points are currently in my 2016 UY (DEC) account. In order to book the room, those points will need to be borrowed. So my question is this, assuming my waitlist comes through, is the system smart enough to automatically borrow the points into 2015 UY?

I had to call member services during all of this for another issue, and that CM told me that it would work...however, logically -- it doesn't seem like it would work to me since when doing the waitlist, I didn't click any buttons telling it that borrowing would be acceptable.

Advice?

When setting up the waitlist, you need to authorize borrowing. Believe there is a box to check. Rather than cancel the waitlist and stat over, call MS and tell the CM you forgot to check that box that authorizes borrowing. AFAIK, the CM can fix that for you without cancelling your waitlist and making a new one. Doing so, would put you at the bottom of the waitlist.

Good luck - hope something works for you!

When setting up the waitlist, you need to authorize borrowing. Believe there is a box to check. Rather than cancel the waitlist and stat over, call MS and tell the CM you forgot to check that box that authorizes borrowing. AFAIK, the CM can fix that for you without cancelling your waitlist and making a new one. Doing so, would put you at the bottom of the waitlist.

gotcha!

Thanks!

One of my waitlists came through while I was talking with MS to confirm that I had checked the appropriate box to allow borrowing!! Now I'm no longer homeless for a night. :-)

Will be an interesting itinerary.

Sa - BLT (Studio - lake)
Su - AKV-Kidani (1 BR)
M - BWV (1 BR)
Tu - SSR (studio)

In order to complete the waitlist you do have a check box acknowledging that you authorize borrowing but there isn't anyway to say that you don't. So, if you've set up a waitlist you've now agreed to the borrowing.

In order to complete the waitlist you do have a check box acknowledging that you authorize borrowing but there isn't anyway to say that you don't. So, if you've set up a waitlist you've now agreed to the borrowing.

Gotcha. I should have stated that I didn't remember checking any boxes. It was rather late on a Friday night.

Thank you for clarifying.

I stalked the site for weeks looking for almost those exact dates. After a lot of patience, I finally found availability and I only have to move once. A 1 bdrm at Kadani is available right now for your last two nights. As you know, availability changes really fast though.

I stalked the site for weeks looking for almost those exact dates. After a lot of patience, I finally found availability and I only have to move once. A 1 bdrm at Kadani is available right now for your last two nights. As you know, availability changes really fast though.

Thanks for letting me know. In this instance, we're ok with moving around since we won't have kids in tow. Plus, it's our first trip as DVC members, so this is about as good a way as any to check out a bunch of resorts. Thank you again though for the heads up. I do appreciate it! It's nice that everyone here is so helpful.

One of my waitlists came through while I was talking with MS to confirm that I had checked the appropriate box to allow borrowing!! Now I'm no longer homeless for a night. :-)

Will be an interesting itinerary.

Sa - BLT (Studio - lake)
Su - AKV-Kidani (1 BR)
M - BWV (1 BR)
Tu - SSR (studio)

I was able to snag a 1BR at BCV for Tu, so now my itinerary is:

Sa - BLT (Studio - lake)
Su - AKV-Kidani (1 BR)
M - BWV (1 BR)
Tu - BCV (1 BR).

Actually tried to get the same BWV room for that Tu, but someone booked it before MS could reserve it for me (I had to reallocate points from another trip and then do two borrows). I'm considering doing a waitlist for BCV that M night in order to stay in the same room and not move out. Points are identical, so it won't require another call to MS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter