Need to Cancel upcoming trip

SharonS

Mouseketeer
Am scheduled to arrive this week. Sadly, I am going to have to cancel. My dog is 15.5 and not in great health. I am afraid to go and have something happen and me not be there. Plus, I would be worried everyday and not enjoy it.

Does anyone know of a site that rents your points that I could contact to see if there might be interst before I cancel and the points go to holding? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I did not cancel sooner, because if anything had happened to her, I would have needed to get away,

First, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. Pets are so important to families and when they become older, it is a hard time for all.

Second, I edited your post to remove details, such as resort, etc. are not allowed anywhere but our Rent/Trade board.

The Rent/Trade board here does have guidelines for this type of situation and you could read things there to see what it would take to make your sharing this possible.

However, being that it is Saturday and the time is short notice, trying to rent this may prove difficult.

Another option is to contact a broker like Davids to see if they deal with these types of situations.

IMO, it might be easier to cancel, let the points go into holding and then try to rent those as distressed as it would give you more time to deal with this...

Good luck.

First of all I want to tell Sharon that I totally understand your situation and send my support. Our dog had health issues for the last couple of years and it is really rough.
I concur with Sandi that your best bet at this point is to cancel and rent out the holding points. There just isn't enough time to do anything else. Good luck with your points and with your dog.

First of all I want to tell Sharon that I totally understand your situation and send my support. Our dog had health issues for the last couple of years and it is really rough. I concur with Sandi that your best bet at this point is to cancel and rent out the holding points. There just isn't enough time to do anything else. Good luck with your points and with your dog.

Our daughter was supposed to meet us this weekend for a few days but had to stay home to tend to a pet. She had been on a week-long trip in September and came home to a sick cat. He had been fine when they left or at least they didn't realize there was a problem. After nearly 2 months they finally took steps to end his suffering. Sydney was 13 and a wonderful cat. When we left for this trip I left strict instructions for our cat Marshall that he was NOT to get sick while we are gone.

Sorry for your dilemma. If it was me I would let the points go into holding and try to piece something together at a later date. Or you could try to rent the confirmed reservation. We have rented someone else's confirmed reservations a couple of times because there was no availability to use our own points.

Best of luck with your pet and your points.

Sharon, I understand and sympathize,
I think they would go into holding at this point no matter what you did. I don't think that you could just change them to a May vacation, for instance, because you are still cancelling this vacation within 30 days of arrival.
Don't ponder it too long, and let it sneak up to checkin day, as then you are completely out.
I have wondered how easy or hard it would be to use holding points.
Good luck with whatever you wind up doing.
Our pets, particularly ones we have had 15 years, are members of our family, and much loved.

I'm sorry to hear about your dogs health issues - they are such a part of a family and it's not easy. I'm actually in a similar sort of issue as you although a pets health is only one bit but unless something changes I'm opting to cancel and have the points go into holding. For me the issues with getting finding a renter and getting a secure payment that I know would stand outweigh any of my concerns with holding points. I do have an Oct UY so I will have plenty of time to use or rent them and if, for example, my UY were Feb perhaps that would change what I would do, but probably not.

As was mentioned if you don't find someone to rent the reservation you do need to cancel at least one day prior to check in or else you will forfeit all points for the entire reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter