Need to buy some EARS!

jenne

Undercover Pirate
I want to get a MICKEY ears hat with my son's name on it BEFORE we go down so I can have it sitting on his bed waiting for him when we arrive. I thought I remember reading on here that there was a website that you could use to buy things after your trip. I don't want to go with one of the 'gift bag' companies, because I only need the ears, and the bags can get a little pricey. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I want to get a MICKEY ears hat with my son's name on it BEFORE we go down so I can have it sitting on his bed waiting for him when we arrive. I thought I remember reading on here that there was a website that you could use to buy things after your trip. I don't want to go with one of the 'gift bag' companies, because I only need the ears, and the bags can get a little pricey. Does anyone have a suggestion?

If you go to laughingplacestore.com, they have have a large variety of mickey ears, especially some for kids. They will engrave your son's name on the back. However, they don't deliver to hotels, they send them to your home. The site has a bunch of stuff from Disney. Just check it out...
Hopefully this helps a bit!

I was wondering the exact same thing! I would love to have something at our hotel when we checked or waiting for us in our room! Any suggestions would be great!
Sharron:thumbsup2

I was wondering the exact same thing! I would love to have something at our hotel when we checked or waiting for us in our room! Any suggestions would be great!
Sharron:thumbsup2

Try memoriesbybetsy.com She is known for making gift baskets, but I am sure that she would leave anything-even just a pair of mickey ears. She does charge a delivery fee (I believe $25), but does not charge any more on the items than Disney does. I used her to make gift baskets on my last gift and she did a GREAT job. She is very friendly-just email her your ideas and she will custom create something for you. Her email is betsy@memoriesbybetsy.com
I highly recommend her. Let me know what you think of her!

I too like Memoriesbybetsy.com We will be arriving tomorrow at the Polynesian and I had her make a basket for my daughter. You can put anything you want in the basket. My daughter will be getting a 2008 Mickey, a Cinderella play set, and cup with a swirly straw. She made the basket in 2 days! PLUS, when I called the Poly today they said my Package was already there!!! Not bad for only contacting her on Sunday!!

Good luck!

If you go to laughingplacestore.com, they have have a large variety of mickey ears, especially some for kids. They will engrave your son's name on the back. However, they don't deliver to hotels, they send them to your home. The site has a bunch of stuff from Disney. Just check it out...
Hopefully this helps a bit!

Just to clarify, I don't believe laughingplacestore.com does the personalization themselves. They are like any other ebay seller, who will buy the item for you and have it personalized at Disney in return for charging a higher price for the item(s) (I used to do it for people all the time, lol).

I'm also not sure Disney will actually put the items in your room? I think a lot of it would depend on what time people are planning on checking in -and there's never a guarantee that your room will be ready when you get there. I think I read on the boards that the most the resort will do is hold the package for you and give it to you upon check-in.

Ok--- you would be better off doing some kind of trickery out of the gift shop and have you or your hubby sneak a pair in before your son sees them. Then write a note that says Hi ya Pal, you must show up at the park and let me put your name on them or something like that. at the resort than order from places like the laughingplacestore they are so rediculously expensive. Just for a plain black set of ears it is like 20 something dollars????? That is such robery you will be sick after you see the price at the parks. half of that.......

Thanks for the nice comments, guys! Just wanted to mention that black Mickey Ears are $9.95 at the parks and $2 for the hand embroidery. You can order them directly from Disney merchandising, but they'll only ship to your home.

I wanted to do the samething for my youngest, since its her first trip to Disney. I asked the resort, and they only place that will deliver and have it placed in the room was Disney Florist. They have black mickey ears and pink minnie ears in gift baskets. Also in the basket are snacks and a pen, and an autograph book. The price comes out to $30. Now I don't think they will put the name on them.
It does stink though. I was watching a tv show, Jon & Kate Plus 8 and they went to Disney. They had all these Mickey ears, one for each of them, AND a note from Mickey all waiting for them when they got into their room. Jon and Kate were surpised and shocked!! After watching the show, I called Disney to have a note from Mickey and the Mickey ears for my DD. They said they don't do that and to call Disney Florist. :mad:

Don't forget that their friends/sitter that help out w/ their kids were their before the kids arrived.....I would believe that is how they got there or Disney wanted to do something really nice for their family....

Thanks for the nice comments, guys! Just wanted to mention that black Mickey Ears are $9.95 at the parks and $2 for the hand embroidery. You can order them directly from Disney merchandising, but they'll only ship to your home.

How do I order from Disney merchandising? The Laughing Place will get them, and have them personalized, but it costs almost $45, once I add shipping. If I can order them from Disney for less, that would be great. I am OK with it being delivered to my home. We rent a vacation house, and I mail things to the owner, who sets it all up for us.

I wanted to do the samething for my youngest, since its her first trip to Disney. I asked the resort, and they only place that will deliver and have it placed in the room was Disney Florist. They have black mickey ears and pink minnie ears in gift baskets. Also in the basket are snacks and a pen, and an autograph book. The price comes out to $30. Now I don't think they will put the name on them.
It does stink though. I was watching a tv show, Jon & Kate Plus 8 and they went to Disney. They had all these Mickey ears, one for each of them, AND a note from Mickey all waiting for them when they got into their room. Jon and Kate were surpised and shocked!! After watching the show, I called Disney to have a note from Mickey and the Mickey ears for my DD. They said they don't do that and to call Disney Florist. :mad:

Just to clarify, all florist and gift basket companies in the area deliver to the front desk of the resorts. This is true of the Disney Florist as well. Only resort runners place items in guest rooms. The resort runners will place items from any florist or gift basket company in the guest room after the guest checks in. Not even the Disney Florist has access to a room prior to check in unless the guest is staying CL.

My idea is to creat my own gift baskets and ship them to the resort or just hide them from the kids. I am positive that we can place them in the room before they notice or send Dh up first ect.

This will be their first trip so I want to make it as magical as possible!!

The number for direct WDW Mail Order is 407-363-6200. The only issue is that I don't know if they'll get the ears personalized for you. You could order the ears and then take them to the Magic Kingdom with you once you arrive and have them personalized for $2 at The Chapeau on Main St.

My idea is to creat my own gift baskets and ship them to the resort or just hide them from the kids. I am positive that we can place them in the room before they notice or send Dh up first ect.

This will be their first trip so I want to make it as magical as possible!!

I do this every Disney trip for our DD. You can get great Disney merchandise everywhere - and even order through Disney or Ebay and have it well before your trip. I create exactly what I want and just pack it in my luggage. When we arrive at our resort, we check in, then DH goes to our room with luggage while DD and I stroll around the resort for a few minutes and check things out. DH places welcome basket in the room, then catches up with us. Then we all go to the room where the basket is awaiting DD. She's alway so excited that Mickey remembers her. I'll do this until she catches on - I may even do it after that. ;)

I wanted to say that I just ordered the Mickey ears adult gift basket for my mom (1st trip to WDW) thru disney florist & she told me I could get the Dreams 2008 ears instead of the classic. Also, she said they can be embroidered w/her name in white thread. The delivery fee to AKL was $9. We also wanted to get a Peter Pan hat for DS to surprise him w/, but they didn't have it. So, we will sneak purchase it our 1st night at MK & have him wake up the next morning to find it w/a note from Peter Pan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter