Need tips or pics of AC tent campers

I had just a question my wife and I are planning a trip for Oct. 20-28 we live in Florida and my wife often thinks of going camping and then we think of the heat and just get a hotel somewhere she went to Disny as a child and went camping at disney and always talks about it she thought the end of Oct. would not be too hot to for this camping trip we have a hyper 4 year old so camping would be great for her I think what do you think should we go without the A/C or just get one just in case? I think maybe it would be a good investment anyways but we have never done this camping thing and maybe it wont be for us anyways so maybe dont buy the a/c please any advice would be helpful.

haggerwood, I think that time in October would be great for tenting without an ac. You might need a little fan but otherwise I think you'd be okay. Your 4 year old would love FW!

Oh, yeah, welcome to the camping board on the Dis!

Irishbosoxfan that's awsome! :thumbsup2 What did you use to seal the window? What make is that tent? pirate:

miclcon said:
Irishbosoxfan that's awsome! :thumbsup2 What did you use to seal the window? What make is that tent? pirate:

When I bought the ACBOOT it came with a can of sealer--everything you need to install the boot is included when you buy it!!====Stand,strap to hold a/c in place,weather cover and the boot itself with everything needed to attach it to the tent----It was easy to but it takes a couple of days because each coat of the spray adhesive needs time to cure

I just found out the other day that the ACBOOT people now also sell tents with the ACBOOT already installed!

The tent is made by OZARK TRAIL

My first post. I just got back from camping here in Texas this weekend. It was so hot that I decided to put one of those portable air conditioners in my tent. Well, I went to Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot and Target and they were all sold out. Couldn't even keep them in stock it's so hot one guy told me.

So...I bought a little 5000 BTU window unit from Wal-Mart for $84 and created my own little set up. I wish I had taken pictures but I made some crude drawings of what I did. Hope this helps someone.

I can't post URL's yet, but maybe you can interpret the following:

billyarredondo (dot) com (slash) tentAC (dot) jpg

On the drawing with the tent, that extra little thing coming out is some tubing that I used to drain the water so it wouldn't get in the tent.

I used cardboard and duct tape.

Maybe someone else who can post URL's will be so kind as to repost this with a proper link.

Thanks!

So you made something to cover the back of the air conditioner so it would vent out of the tent? Reversing the set up so you could leave the airconditioner outside seems like a possibility... Any creative people willing to try that? And then let us know how to make it?

Irishbosoxfan -- do your tents zip apart?

Actually use a 10,000 btu in are tent.We have a coleman weather master with screened porch.We just put it in the door for the porch and you will be under a sleeping bag at night.To improve day time cooling invest in solar blankets or tarp to block the sun out.Has far has neighbors the only ones i have had say anything packed up and left when it got up to 103.Most would be surprised how easy a tent is to cool or heat.If done right regardless how hot it is you can keep ypur tent 70 . :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter