Need technical help/tips for making the best iron-ons.

frecklefacegirl

Earning My Ears
I'm thrilled to find so many great designs here on the board! Thanks to everyone who keeps this up and running by donating their time and energy to making Disney magic for the rest of us!

I've downloaded a bunch of files to start creating...and went to JoAnn's today to buy some iron-on paper for my inkjet printer. I came home empty handed! It was just too confusing!!!

Can someone recommend the best paper for ironing on both light and dark shirts? I have made shirts for VBS before and been disappointed in the brightness of the finished product, so I want to do a better job this time. Also, I saw inkjet printable fabric (3 kinds -- twill, silk, and poplin) both in sheets and in a big roll. I kind of like to sew, so I thought about using this to make something, too. Does anyone have experience using printable fabric? Will it come out more vivid or have more staying power in the wash than iron-on?

Any tips or advice you "experts" can give me would be very appreciated! Thanks!
:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter