Need suggestions for my plan of attack!

dancin'bec

Earning My Ears
DH and I are spending two days at DL in April. Both of us have been to WDW several times, he has never been to DL, I have twice - June of 2009 and Aug of 2010. Both those trips I just kinda "winged it" and felt I got everything done that I wanted to.

We are staying at the Tropicana and will be in the parks April 10th and 11th, a Sunday and Monday. We will have hoppers. I'm trying to study up and figure out the best way to get my "must do's" done. My first obstacle is figuring out which park to go to at opening. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's my understanding that DL has MM and EMH on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays and DCA has EMH on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. So, I don't need to worry about that with DL, but I will at DCA. My biggest "must-do" is Soarin', if it is still operating on weekends. Do I need to rush there as soon as I can to get a fast pass? (Tower of Terror, RSR, and Toy Story Midway Mania are on the list too, but I can spread those out over the two days.)

At DL, getting there at rope drop, which should I go to first? Star Wars Launch Bay and HyperSpace Mt, if still there, or Indiana Jones? Or pull a fast pass for Indiana and then high tail it over to Tomorrowland? Another ride I would like to do that I hear fills fast, is Peter Pan, but I'm not as concerned with that as I've rode it at WDW many times. We may try our luck there later at night.

And last question (for now!) - We want to do Minnie's character breakfast at the Plaza. What's the earliest they open? If the park opens at 9am, does the restaurant start seating at 8am or not until park opening?

Thanks a lot for any tips/advice. I'm very excited to be going back!!!

Hyperspace is still the most popular FP. Even regular Space FP would run out before Indy. Plus, Indy has single ride if you're open to that. Launch Bay doesn't open until an hour after the park, so going there first would be a waste. You could do everything else in TL in that hour, though.

And last question (for now!) - We want to do Minnie's character breakfast at the Plaza. What's the earliest they open? If the park opens at 9am, does the restaurant start seating at 8am or not until park opening?
Typically, the Plaza Inn first reservation time is either 10 minutes after MM/EMH starts (e.g., if EMH/MM starts at 7:00 am, the first reservation is for 7:10 am) or about 20 minutes before park opening on non-EMH/non-MM mornings (e.g., if the park opens at 8:00 am, the first reservation is for 7:40 am).

You don't need a fast pass for soaring in the morning. For the first couple of hours DCA is open, the wait for it won't be more than 10 or 20 minutes. The wait for TSMM gets long (45 min ) about 30 minutes after the park is open and usually stays that way the rest of the day. Please note there are no FP for TSMM. Cars land usually runs out of fast passes around noon or earlier sometimes so you will want to get one sooner rather than later in the morning.

Once we booked Minnie's 1.5 hours before breakfast was over. That gave us time to ride RSR, then finish carsland and then FP WOC before leaving for Minnie's. I alo grabbed FP for SM while the fam headed to breakfast.

Having just got back I can tell you something we definitely did right. We went straight for hyper space fast passes and even though the line was short we did not ride right then. We then went and did indy and big thunder and just walked in. And then headed back to space and grabbed buzz fast passes on the way. We had finished the four rides that were a time stuck in the first 1.5 hours the park was open. The next day we could have pulled rsr fast passes and went straight to toy story and avoided those lines as well. After toy story go back to screamin catch toy story again if the line isn't too long and then continue through the pier area and hit soarin. Then get tot fast passes ( because it will have been 2 hours since you pull rsr) and have lunch and your tot time will likely be there. This worked even though the parks were packed. This leaves both afternoons free to hit every thing else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter