Need suggestions for curling iron for really,really straight hair

I have to tell you..I have THE straightest hair on the planet..that doesn't take any curl whatsoever at all! The ONLY curl I could keep was using rollers that I slept in overnight and then my hair looked awful!

This is NOT under $100 but worth EVERY penny!!

The Instyler! There are infomercials on it and it's on HSN too I believe. You actually get 2 of them from the infomercial for like $140 I believe.

At first I was like.."I don't want or need 2!" but got it anyway. LET ME TELL YOU!! I'm SOOOO glad I got 2! I have used the Instyler EVERY SINGLE DAY without fail for easily over 4 years and my hair is SILKY and gorgeous! Everyone asks me what I use! The instyler actually makes your hair shiny and curly at the same time. It is one item I will NEVER EVER ever be without!

I have bought 2 sets of 2 (my first one finally went on the fritz after about 2.5 years) and I liked having 2 for travel. I still have 3 working irons, and would pay TWICE what they ask for...that is how much I love this iron.

There is also a money back guarantee on it..so if you don't like it you could send it back. Cannot recommend this item highly enough! I can go without makeup and designer clothes..but never my Instyler! :love:

I have to tell you..I have THE straightest hair on the planet..that doesn't take any curl whatsoever at all! The ONLY curl I could keep was using rollers that I slept in overnight and then my hair looked awful!

This is NOT under $100 but worth EVERY penny!!

The Instyler! There are infomercials on it and it's on HSN too I believe. You actually get 2 of them from the infomercial for like $140 I believe.

At first I was like.."I don't want or need 2!" but got it anyway. LET ME TELL YOU!! I'm SOOOO glad I got 2! I have used the Instyler EVERY SINGLE DAY without fail for easily over 4 years and my hair is SILKY and gorgeous! Everyone asks me what I use! The instyler actually makes your hair shiny and curly at the same time. It is one item I will NEVER EVER ever be without!

I have bought 2 sets of 2 (my first one finally went on the fritz after about 2.5 years) and I liked having 2 for travel. I still have 3 working irons, and would pay TWICE what they ask for...that is how much I love this iron.

There is also a money back guarantee on it..so if you don't like it you could send it back. Cannot recommend this item highly enough! I can go without makeup and designer clothes..but never my Instyler! :love:

I didn't know that the Instyler curled hair!! My niece has curly hair and she uses an Instyler to straighten her hair. Didn't know it did both. Anyway, Walmart sells them for $98, so technically under $100 :thumbsup2

Oops! Didn't realize until after I posted that you said that you got 2 for $140 from the infomercial. Still, if someone just wanted one......

This has to make me laugh. I was a hair dresser for 15 plus yrs. Those who have curly hair want straight hair. Those who have straight hair want curly. We want what we don't have. I have straight stick hair and around every 4 months get a perm for beautiful full loose curly hair. We women r something else. Not laughing at any of you laughing WITH you.:rotfl::rotfl:

I use the Remington Pearl curling wand. Here's a link http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/pro...d=xlsImpprod3880543&navAction=push&navCount=1
VERY budget friendly and this thing works like a charm! My hair has always had trouble with keeping curl. I'd spend almost an hour curling my hair and even with a ton of hairspray my hair would be limp and lifeless after about an hour. This curling wand is a godsend. I can even sleep on my hair and still have the curls there in the morning, ready to go with just a few touch ups. I also don't need to use any product to get the curls and my hair is sooo soft after I curl it-not stiff.

I have fine straight hair and the only thing that even remotely keeps a curl in my hair are these remington hot rollers. I air dry my hair, it dries pretty straight, and then I roll it. I roll the hair going towards the back of my head (think Farrah Faucet). I will say that the clips that come with the set are ok but for the front and top of my head I use these conair clips to hold them without creases. The back and underside of my hair I use the clips that come with the set.

This has to make me laugh. I was a hair dresser for 15 plus yrs. Those who have curly hair want straight hair. Those who have straight hair want curly. We want what we don't have. I have straight stick hair and around every 4 months get a perm for beautiful full loose curly hair. We women r something else. Not laughing at any of you laughing WITH you.:rotfl::rotfl:

I actually have straight hair and I like it! Never wanted curly hair.

What I found that works best on me is to curl my hair with a flat iron, it's hard to explain how to do it but if you go on YouTube there are tons of tutorials on it. It gives nice curls and stays in my hair all day.

What I found that works best on me is to curl my hair with a flat iron, it's hard to explain how to do it but if you go on YouTube there are tons of tutorials on it. It gives nice curls and stays in my hair all day.
Yes, this!! I learned how to do this a few months ago and it's great! My hair won't hold it as long as my hot rollers but when I'm in a bind and want quick curls/body this works great. I watched youtube videos to master it!

I didn't know that the Instyler curled hair!! My niece has curly hair and she uses an Instyler to straighten her hair. Didn't know it did both. Anyway, Walmart sells them for $98, so technically under $100 :thumbsup2

Oops! Didn't realize until after I posted that you said that you got 2 for $140 from the infomercial. Still, if someone just wanted one......

The instyler is the best I use it to curl my hair and I use it to straighten my dd hair it's a flat iron and curling iron and everything in between!:cheer2:

My husband and I have super curly hair. Mine to the point it looks like a spiral perm. My kids... Not so much! The oldest has a tiny bit of a wave, the youngest is baby fine and straight as a board! We've used curlers, curling irons, the instyler with no luck on her hair. A few months ago I had curl formers recommended to me and I have to say they are the best! They are made out of the material seat belts are made of and come in tighter curls or looser curls. I think they were around $50 with a coupon at Sally beauty supply but I highly highly recommend them!! They make such cute curls and don't cause the heat damage that the irons do.

I agree, I have had my license since 1972, and always the same thing. But for those that temp want some curls with super straight hair, it is all about the size.

A 3/4 inch barrel is not going to give you lasting curls. You need to go with a 1/2 inch and spray your hair with product first to help keep the tossled and bouncy look. Hold the hair on the rod for a count of ten then release.

My dd has waist lenght hair and recently was in a Mall and bought one of the ceremic wands you wrap your hair around. You have to weat a glove, start at the root and wind to the ends of the hair to the tip of the wand.

These curls are amazing and it is not a 1/2 in not sure maybe close to 3/4 and makes the hair really shinny. I can't find it right now to see the name. It is difficult for me to hold my arms up and wrap the hair around the wand though.

I bought their flattener that works on went hair to dry without burning and dh eyes and face lite up as the fella doing the sell worked on my hair. My hair tends to get stringy looking it is so fine, it is 3" below my bra strap, around my elbows. The man knew he would make the sale if he completed my entire head and he did. We are in love with the set, I just do not remember the name.

If your hair doesn't hold a curl, you'll probably need chemistry. Even just a drugstore box color will help (though not much). Lots of product (my daughter's super straight hair was done for a wedding, each piece was sprayed with hairspray before the curling iron got to it). Longer term and for less work each day, a body perm will give your hair something to grab to.

Are you going for "tight curl" or "body waves?"

My daughter has straight as a board hair that doesn't hold a curl. I would suggest the Caruso steam hair roller system. It doesn't damage the hair and the curl holds all day. It is about $40. You can get it on amazon or at Sally beauty supply. Depending on what size curls you want, you may want to buy extra rollers. You put the rollers in, leave them at least 15 minutes (30 is great if you have time), and then take them out for long lasting curls. I've never seen a curling iron that can make curls last like those rollers.

I have curly hair but it was straight when I was a child. Nothing worked and perm's made me look fuzzy. So now I am the mother of a straight to wavy dd and a stick straight dd. I have found a flat iron gives them both curls. I never watched the video but I do second your suggestion. The flat iron doesn't straighten my hair but I like my curls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter