need suggestions for anniversary dinner

dvc_bwv

Pooh Collector - BWV & VWL Member
We will be at WDW for our 10th anniversary in Sept and are looking for suggestions. We have been to WDW many times and have eaten at most of the restaurants, but are looking for suggestions from others. So many great choices we can't decide.

HELP!!!

One of the most romantic I think is San Angel Inn.
Have you eaten there?

The atmosphere is just grand, with the mood lighting and the tables along with "river", it really feels like you are in mexico! :cloud9:

The food is very good as well. More traditional in nature, it is not Tex Mex, and I think that is why some don't like it. If you are expecting tex mex when you eat there it can really dampen your visit.

I find that it is a gem that isn't well known. And before or after dinner take the boat ride.....and sit in the back, it makes kissing so much fun!!

One of the most romantic I think is San Angel Inn.
Have you eaten there?

The atmosphere is just grand, with the mood lighting and the tables along with "river", it really feels like you are in mexico!

Thanks Nadjalu. We have eaten there before and enjoyed it, but are looking for something a little more upscale for our dinner this time.

If it's adults only, there is nothing that compares to Victoria & Alberts. V&A is one of the top 50 restuarants in the US; doesn't allow diners under the age of 10. It's definitely romantic. Second would be Bistro de Paris, upscale French, very nice restaurant. It's a small dining room with an intimate setting and it's always been quiet and romantic when we have dined here.

If you are looking for something on Disney's Dining Plan, I suggest Citricos. I think Flying Fish has better food but it's a pretty hectic place and not what I'd call anniversary romantic. Citricos would give you a better chance (no guarantee) for a quiet meal.

We ate at California Grill for our 10th Anniversary.

We are going back for our 19th Anniversary and at first I chose Yachtsman because we were staying at the Dolphin. But when the room only codes came out, I switched to Wilderness Lodge, so now we are eating at Artist Point. Both of these have received good reviews, although I have never personally been to either.

Maggie

We celebrated our 10th anniversary at Citricos in May of '09 and had a wonderful meal and experience! The following is how they decorated my very yummy dessert! :thumbsup2

IMG_3189A.jpg

We ate at California Grill for our 10th Anniversary.

We are going back for our 19th Anniversary and at first I chose Yachtsman because we were staying at the Dolphin. But when the room only codes came out, I switched to Wilderness Lodge, so now we are eating at Artist Point. Both of these have received good reviews, although I have never personally been to either.

Maggie

Thanks Maggie, we have eaten at both Yachtman and AP. Both are wonderful and each has its own good points, but we love AP.

There are so many good restaurants at WDW it is hard to pick just one. We have our faves, but want opinions from others.

I'm leaving the choice to my DH and told him to surprise me, but I don't know if that is the right thing to do... LOL

If it's adults only, there is nothing that compares to Victoria & Alberts. V&A is one of the top 50 restuarants in the US; doesn't allow diners under the age of 10. It's definitely romantic. Second would be Bistro de Paris, upscale French, very nice restaurant. It's a small dining room with an intimate setting and it's always been quiet and romantic when we have dined here.

I would love to do V&A, but DH doesn't want to take a jacket so that one is out. :sad2:

We celebrated our 10th anniversary at Citricos in May of '09 and had a wonderful meal and experience! The following is how they decorated my very yummy dessert! :thumbsup2

That's an idea. We have never done Citricos. We did Narcoosie's a couple years ago for an anniversary dinner and they decorated my dessert plate with a "Congratulations". I just love the extras they do for special occassions.

I know you said DH does not want to wear a jacket (and neither do I), but I read on Mousesaver's about the Queen Victoria's room at V&A. It is supposed to have 4 tables in the room and serve a 10 course meal. The price is quite high, but how many 10 year anniversaries are there? I might even be willing to put on a coat for that.

I know you said DH does not want to wear a jacket (and neither do I), but I read on Mousesaver's about the Queen Victoria's room at V&A. It is supposed to have 4 tables in the room and serve a 10 course meal. The price is quite high, but how many 10 year anniversaries are there? I might even be willing to put on a coat for that.

For sure!
You should read Tinkfan10's posts re: V&A chef's table
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32938088&postcount=90

For sure!
You should read Tinkfan10's posts re: V&A chef's table
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32938088&postcount=90

Wow, what a great single thread. I don't understand why V&A isn't on the DP:lmao: I like that I can wear dress shorts and golf shirt to most of Disney's Signature restaurants. But a 4 hour dinner at V&A is a one time experience and will have plan for that in other vacations.

OP, if DH refuses V&A, then I would go with signature dining. California Grill has a great view and wonderful atmosphere. We really liked Fulton's Crab House. I can still remember the the meal I ate there on my honeymoon 10 years ago, and I already forgot what I did yesterday. By the way, it was crab claws (appetizer); twin Australian Lobster Tails for dinner, and Ice Cream cake for desert. We have not been to Citricos yet, but it is on our to do list, and taking a boat ride to MK at night or watching fireworks from the lagoon would be a great way to celebrate the 10th anniversary.

Just back from seven days w/ DxDP and we ate at many of the signatures. I think my favorite was the California Grill, hands down. We were seated directly in front of the large windows, so we had an unobstructed view of Wishes while we dined. The service and food were excellent. I agree with a PP that Flying Fish doesn't have the most romantic atmosphere, though the food is very good. Our meal there was super fast.

Got to admit that I would love to try V&A's, though.

1) We just had our 25th Anniversary dinner at Il Mulino (Swan).
2) This has TheRustyScupperSealofApproval
3) Ask for servers "Aristede" and "Michale".
. . . good food
. . . nice wine cellar
. . . pleasant atmosphere
. . . stellar service

NOTE: I want an eatery to not let my water or drinking glass get empty, and refill my wine glass without asking. In fact, the wine was kept at a separate location and my glass filled from our bottle when the servers saw my glass getting low. OLD TIME REAL SERVICE! And, service decidedly completes the meal.

Our Ratings of Il Mulino (Swan Resort):
. . . food price value: A-
. . . food quality: A
. . . food quantity per serving: A+
. . . food prep speed: A
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: A
. . . eatery atmosphere: A
. . . eatery convenience: A
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff helpfulness: A+
. . . character interaction: n/a

1) We just had our 25th Anniversary dinner at Il Mulino (Swan).
2) This has TheRustyScupperSealofApproval
3) Ask for servers "Aristede" and "Michale".
. . . good food
. . . nice wine cellar
. . . pleasant atmosphere
. . . stellar service

NOTE: I want an eatery to not let my water or drinking glass get empty, and refill my wine glass without asking. In fact, the wine was kept at a separate location and my glass filled from our bottle when the servers saw my glass getting low. OLD TIME REAL SERVICE! And, service decidedly completes the meal.

Our Ratings of Il Mulino (Swan Resort):
. . . food price value: A-
. . . food quality: A
. . . food quantity per serving: A+
. . . food prep speed: A
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: A
. . . eatery atmosphere: A
. . . eatery convenience: A
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff helpfulness: A+
. . . character interaction: n/a

We like Il Mulino too and think that the upscale restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin are all better than Disney's "signatures", especially if you are looking for quiet.

I just went to the coral reef for the first time for Valentines with my boyfriend.... GREAT for 2! Since we were just 2 we got to sit right next to the tank. The fish swam right up, and there was even scuba divers for a little bit and they fed the fish... There's also a giant sea turtle, some rays, and a shark. It was fun to watch the fish. My boyfriend has been talking about it for forever, just kind of difficult to make reservations last min so call ahead! Food was good! Service was excellent! My boyfriend has seen the same guy since for the past 18 years hes been going, so since he was 4 years old. Deff something fun to try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter